\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yeah they both have very robust aftermarkets. I also leaned jeep because i live about 1 mile from the quadratec hq/main warehouse and close to extreme terrain as well, and i know some people working at both places so it is very convenient. **** i tried to get a job working saturdays or a few nights a week for the disco, but they only wanted full timers. :lol:

My buddy has a 4runner and loves the "party window", and i must admit it that it is a cool option for a truck like that. You will love whichever one you end up with, all 3 are great. There is an all black trd pro at my office and i eye it up everyday, i feel guilty but it really does look awesome and i know it can handle its business as well. :lol:

Haha that would of been awesome to work part time for the Disco.

Yea man I think I can’t go wrong either way. I just learned that these cars should be bought new. The resale is so insane that you just can’t get a good deal on the used market. It’s better to save and buy new when the time is right. Atleast where I’m at in Cali. Seems to be much easier to run 35s on a jeep than either of the Toyota’s though. But that’s a long term goal tbh.

What have you done to your JK?

I actually have a chance to get a 1st gen 4runner for essentially free from a coworker that just doesn’t have the time to get it to pass smog in Cali. I know a hot smog spot.

Haha that would of been awesome to work part time for the Disco.

Yea man I think I can’t go wrong either way. I just learned that these cars should be bought new. The resale is so insane that you just can’t get a good deal on the used market. It’s better to save and buy new when the time is right. Atleast where I’m at in Cali. Seems to be much easier to run 35s on a jeep than either of the Toyota’s though. But that’s a long term goal tbh.

What have you done to your JK?

I actually have a chance to get a 1st gen 4runner for essentially free from a coworker that just doesn’t have the time to get it to pass smog in Cali. I know a hot smog spot.

Yeah resale is great on them, thats the reason i bought it (plus i plan on keeping forever). I havent done much to mine since i bought it in May, just some minor cosmetic and interior things. Plan on putting 33s, and some combination of leveling kit (pucks or spring)/rubicon recon shocks and/or springs this spring. Havent made up my mind yet on the suspension. I also planning on adding recon/10a steel front/rear bumpers and the alpine stereo. Thats about all i really want to do to it at this point. 35s are a more long term plan for me as well, i plan on really building it once it is paid off and i am no longer relying on it as a DD. 35s are unreasonable for a DD, imo, even though i only do 8-10k/year.
_20170702_164712.jpg
20170721_171857.jpg
20171201_082143.jpg

youngwolf youngwolf yeah its the Billet Silver Metallic, and i agree it is one of the better colors :lol: It is definitely much richer (?) than the silver on the older jeeps. I was between the billet silver and rhino, i am happy with my choice. My last two cars were black, so its nice having a silver one now that i dont have to wash constantly.

2014 Audi R8 v10+ or new nsx. Thoughts?

Thought about this myself. On paper, the NSX is a monster but I heard it's not that intriguing to drive compared to the competition. With the Audi, you get the amazing 5.2 V10. The interior is just a little dated by today's standards. My vote would go to the Audi.

youngwolf youngwolf yeah its the Billet Silver Metallic, and i agree it is one of the better colors :lol: It is definitely much richer (?) than the silver on the older jeeps. I was between the billet silver and rhino, i am happy with my choice. My last two cars were black, so its nice having a silver one now that i dont have to wash constantly.

Yea, I'm usually not a fan of silver, but it looks amazing on the Jeep. I think 23kidd 23kidd has the same color as well. His looks damn good too.

is this even a question fam we talkin a N/A V10 compared to some hybrid v6 computer boring zzz
Very serious question. It’s not just engine vs. engine. It’s old technology vs. new. Out of warranty German vs. brand new Honda. Known performance and reliability vs. unknown. Then there’s the price difference as well. There are some serious discounts available on the nsx right now which brings it just within grasp of my comfort zone price wise.

if imma pay over 100k for something it wont be a honda papi or a v6 :lol:

i wouldnt be surprised if it costs more to service that nsx with all that tech in it tbh

typerpinoy typerpinoy NSX. Haven't driven it but personal feelings are it's being looked over by people clinging to the past and just wanting the old one but "2017" instead of "199"

Road & Track did a couple of solid write ups about why they loved it a little while ago I believe

Id choose neither. Id get a chassis i want and build it for a quarter to half the price.
Built> bought

Last edited:
Yeah resale is great on them, thats the reason i bought it (plus i plan on keeping forever). I havent done much to mine since i bought it in May, just some minor cosmetic and interior things. Plan on putting 33s, and some combination of leveling kit (pucks or spring)/rubicon recon shocks and/or springs this spring. Havent made up my mind yet on the suspension. I also planning on adding recon/10a steel front/rear bumpers and the alpine stereo. Thats about all i really want to do to it at this point. 35s are a more long term plan for me as well, i plan on really building it once it is paid off and i am no longer relying on it as a DD. 35s are unreasonable for a DD, imo, even though i only do 8-10k/year.
_20170702_164712.jpg
20170721_171857.jpg
20171201_082143.jpg

Do you guys off-road?

Do you guys off-road?
i go occasionally. Kind of limited to what i can do around here without going to the park which is like 2 hours away. Planning on moving out to az in a few years, so will definitely be getting more into it out there.

Think a lot of the criticism from critics were because it wasn't a 1990s NSX V2.

Seen a lot of videos from guys like Matt Farah and they seem to love it.

Back
Top Bottom