\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Question, when talking to older people, why do they consider changing transmission fluid taboo?

Some think the degraded seals will leak from fresh ATF since it's more viscous

Is there any truth?

Just kills me that old timers are firm on the no and dealers and new gen recommend and do it.

What @fluid hips and air spider 777 air spider 777 said. Lot of misconception from the service guys at the dealerships that the automatic transmissions are 'sealed' units. Might be in some rare cases but after 100K (miles or KM) it's a good idea to go with a drain and refill.

Super nice 65 Vette were selling. 600whp 496ci big block.

IMG_20181229_145628.jpg

IMG_20181229_145942.jpg

IMG_20181229_150000.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20181229150024288_COVER.jpg
A C2 is on my list. Fav vettes of all time.

There’s no point in putting a hellcat motor
In sxt
I mean yeah it fits but it’s not smart
With all the other things u would need
Also u making da hemi look bad :smh:

Hellcat equipped vehicles have to be running different engine mounts, transmission, driveshafts and rear differentials at the very least on top of ECU, etc... Putting a Hellcat motor in a SXT is hustling backwards. :smh:

Hellcat equipped vehicles have to be running different engine mounts, transmission, driveshafts and rear differentials at the very least on top of ECU, etc... Putting a Hellcat motor in a SXT is hustling backwards. :smh:
He already has a hellcat.

Hes jusr doing the swap for fun.
He purchased a salvage hellcat for the swap.

He already has a hellcat.

Hes jusr doing the swap for fun.
He purchased a salvage hellcat for the swap.

I hear you man, it's what makes the swap even more garbage when you think about it. He should put that motor in some other ChryCo product or something else if he has the skillset.

idle on a Hellcat isnt loud, v8 burble but its pretty tame

cold start versus warm idle are 2 different things

depending on how the guy does the exhaust for the SXT, it could be loud or stock sounding

yea that Prius swap is crazy

if i had the money, id swap the Hellcat engine/8spd auto into a 05-06 Viper Drop, make it a roadster(no top at all) have it as a summer toy

take the Viper V10/6spd, supercharge it and put it in a 05-06 Durango just for fun

I think its pretty cool too, and driving that thing around in the summer with no doors and top would probably be an absolute blast.

Just copped some new spark plugs, What's the max I should pay for the mechanic to change them? The Dart is only 4 cylinders

I just bought some spark plugs as well and will probably change them myself this weekend. :pimp:

As with all else, the difficulty level and time needed to change them out depends on the car/engine. The last time I changed the spark plugs on my old car (is300), it took me like 2 hours because I had to remove a bunch of stuff from the engine to get access to the spark plugs, like the throttle body, etc. I also cleaned up the engine a bit while I was already in there, so that time is included in the 2 hours as well. My current car is a gs300, so it has the exact same engine as the is300, so I expect to spend about the same amount of time to change them this weekend.

^

Just to piggyback on that. If you do end up having to remove anything that has a gasket, just go ahead and replace those also. They're inexpensive, it won't hurt you, and you'll all ready have access to it.

Back
Top Bottom