\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

They aren’t the same.

It just depends on the state and what the gas stations want to sell.

Some gas stations here sell 100 octane no ethanol and some just sell regular old 93. The ones that sell the best gas are usually owned by car heads.

Honestly I’d just run the highest you see without going out of your way, you don’t need to seek out 100 octane but if everywhere around you sells 93 run it. It’s gonna cost you like 3 bucks more per fill up...

The only places in OH w 91 is Sunoco. And it doesn't really make sense because they price it as if 93 was the special one. Odd

Hm interesting.

Yeah in my life of driving I've only filled 91 cause that's the highest I see. I've split time between LA, OC, and San Jose.

Usually only fill Chevron.

:lol: nah bro you don’t need a new car for a misfire.

It’s probably plugs or a coil pack.
Did some youtubing. Hopefully it's not the plugs since I changed it with OEM in 2017. Gonna hit up autozone in the morning for a coil pack

Last edited:
I’d go oem on coilpacks, idk what you drive but most vehicles are real picky about coil packs.

Check it before you buy a coil pack. Switch #2 pack with another and clear the code and see if it comes back on a different cylinder. Then you know for sure that coil pack is trash.

If it doesn’t move and still misses on #2 change plugs, if it still misses it’s probably an injector.

What I’m getting at here is you don’t want to just throw parts at it. That adds up quick.

Dealer quoted me like $600 for 4 new brake pads and rotors. I looked up the part prices and that doesn’t seem too bad, just paying a decent amount for labor :smh::smh:

Gonna look around a little bit before I go

You joking right Toyota just stretching it’s legs at 174K. I have 250K on Lexus with just minor issues. Minor issues cost less than a new car.

I just hear Matt Farrah from The smoking tire hit a million miles on his Lexus.

Damn that’s crazy :lol:

Dude I work with has almost 300,000 on his Camry but his alternator just went out

Got my car in April. Paid half off and just paid the rest the other day.. all before 50k miles :pimp:

Probably gonna get my seats changed to leather some time this year

Last edited:
Fellas, I know my way around cars. I do my own oil changes, brake pads and rotors etc. Was kinda looking for an excuse to get a new car with all this flexing around me :lol:

The Torque app and a cheap ELM scanner are clutch. Saved me money over the years

My ‘16 Maxima lease is up June 4th. My next car will be financed, something I can ride until the wheels fall off. Likely a 2015+ Lexus GS350 F Sport. I’m already doing my research now. My question is, how soon can I consider purchasing if my lease is up in June?

Last edited:
Update. I went to start the car yesterday and the CEL went away. Went ahead and swapped the plugs and coil in cylinder 1 and 2.

Debating if I Should I go ahead and replace all four coils anyway just for peace of mind. Trying to avoid spending $100 but getting stranded and needing a tow is a lot more expensive :lol:

You won’t get stranded from a misfire.

I’d just do the bad one. I’ve never seen them all go at once.

I have a Procharged 6mt 5.0. He has about 150 less hp but around the same torque. He's probably 200lbs lighter and has a dual clutch to his advantage tho...then again I only have to shift twice if it's a 60 roll. He's a stage 2 f80paul tuned or some **** btw.
he about to take off on ya *** in a roll :lol:

Mobbin

0A379C9C-D0DC-4110-BEEE-D89EF58E579B.jpeg

Also swapped out exhausts. I gotta get a vid pulling off tho lol.

Back
Top Bottom