\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Serious question- How do you guys drive with your car lowered? I lowered my car 2 weeks ago and now i dont want to drive it in fear of damaging the front. ( it looks sexy as can be though)
Pix, prease? It's funny you should bring this up. I was thinking about coilovers as well (i don't have the necessary equipment for a lowered spring/strut set up). I drive pretty carefully already, and my front overhang isn't very much, but....I mean you're not all "Stanced the !$#% out" are you? I was thinking about 1-1.5 inches lower maybe.

Get a skid plate to protect your oil pan and drive with common sense. That's really all you need. You will tear up your front lip but that's part of life with a lowered car. My skid plate looks like I hit a few land mines
laugh.gif
. It does it's job though.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Serious question- How do you guys drive with your car lowered? I lowered my car 2 weeks ago and now i dont want to drive it in fear of damaging the front. ( it looks sexy as can be though)
Pix, prease? It's funny you should bring this up. I was thinking about coilovers as well (i don't have the necessary equipment for a lowered spring/strut set up). I drive pretty carefully already, and my front overhang isn't very much, but....I mean you're not all "Stanced the !$#% out" are you? I was thinking about 1-1.5 inches lower maybe.
Here is some pictures taken today. The wheels are staggered 17, and on Wednesday im installing BBS staggered 18.

jtkj1t.jpg
28iuk4k.jpg
2pqjgow.jpg

nice r8

an honda accord coupe is clean

only honda i like actually, i dont like the accord sedan at all

^Type X wing on a Chuki though? haha. Sell me that #*%% until you go Kouki.

eaef7e2890a611e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

5c9b950e9be511e1abb012313813106f_7.jpg

If you really want just a 1.5" drop at most, coilovers aren't the best way to go about it. Just get some lowering springs. Most entry level or commonly (cheaper-end) companies do not offer a near OEM ride. Everything else will feel rough unless you customize both the valving & spring rates.
Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Get a skid plate to protect your oil pan and drive with common sense. That's really all you need. You will tear up your front lip but that's part of life with a lowered car. My skid plate looks like I hit a few land mines
laugh.gif
Skid plates save no oil pan from impact. Maybe from scratches going up and down drive ways but if stuff comes out of no where, the impact will destroy your skid plate along with your oil pan. "SKID" plate, not "IMPACT" plate.

Solution? Raise the damn engine if you plan on slamming the car. Had a friend raise his S14's SR with hockey pucks and the lowest part of his car is the sway bar.

Originally Posted by solemunchies

I'd kinda go 180sx all around, no doubt, BUT I don't have 500-600 dollars to spend on just the front bumper right now. And no thanks, I'll take my s13 over a kouki any day. Dat wing is the only exterior "mod" I've done on the car. Rather *+%+! with performance than go aero at this point

Originally Posted by migit1209

I'd kinda go 180sx all around, no doubt, BUT I don't have 500-600 dollars to spend on just the front bumper right now. And no thanks, I'll take my s13 over a kouki any day. Dat wing is the only exterior "mod" I've done on the car. Rather *+%+! with performance than go aero at this point

indifferent.gif
You must not know much about the S-Chassis...

Kouki 180SX = Type X 180SX

Your wing = Type X wing = Kouki wing 

Besides Kouki bumpers aren't 500-600 dollars, you'd think I'd spend that much?
laugh.gif

eaef7e2890a611e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

5c9b950e9be511e1abb012313813106f_7.jpg

If you really want just a 1.5" drop at most, coilovers aren't the best way to go about it. Just get some lowering springs. Most entry level or commonly (cheaper-end) companies do not offer a near OEM ride. Everything else will feel rough unless you customize both the valving & spring rates.
Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
Skid plates save no oil pan from impact. Maybe from scratches going up and down drive ways but if stuff comes out of no where, the impact will destroy your skid plate along with your oil pan. "SKID" yplate, not "IMPACT" plate.

Solution? Raise the damn engine if you plan on slamming the car. Had a friend raise his S14's SR with hockey pucks and the lowest part of his car is the sway bar.

Mine isn't a regular skid plate. It's 3/8 " steel bolted to the subframe. I've seen dudes jack their cars up on them. I've blasted a brick at 75 MPH and didn't even dent it
laugh.gif
. There is a good 1/4" gap between it and my oil pan too in case I did dent it.

Originally Posted by migit1209

indifferent.gif
You must not know much about the S-Chassis...

Kouki 180SX = Type X 180SX

Your wing = Type X wing = Kouki wing 

Besides Kouki bumpers aren't 500-600 dollars, you'd think I'd spend that much?
laugh.gif
I'm just gonna edit this because I don't want start an argument. I know damn well 180sx=Kouki. Thought you were talking about the s14. 

And as for the 500-600 comment, I didn't specify I wanted the the nismo front bumper. Check the price on that, doggy.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Son that accord is amazing. Please tell me you enter that thing into contests.

I was confused at this, then I looked at my wording. I wish that was mine.

I tend to lurk at other car forums.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

accords are aiight but at the end of the day its still an accord. sometimes i drive the moms 12 accord sedan and that thing is pretty slow, sorry but no rwd and a 4 banger dont cut it for me.

but that does look like a good show car

Back
Top Bottom