\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

13k plus walked out with the lease on the liberty....I'm gonna assume at least 2k went for the Downpaymet on the new car...so in total I got 15k for my Acura from the dealer.

Ahhh i missed that part... well all n all u made out well then. Jus hard for me to justify givng up the sexiness of a tls for a liberty haha

I fear now that i have a lil one the G is gunna end up gettin traded for some midsize suv good on gas... minus whale start researching how to make Terrain look hot now... sigh haha my girl has a suv tho and will always have one so maybe we wont need . *prays*

I know, in today's economy EVERYONE seems to be getting te short end of the stick, but luckily I've been in healthcare for 8 years and know a few good people that can help me secure her a job....I just need her to have something stable to compliment what I make so that we can really be good financially, beyond comfortably....but I know what you mean, I see a lot of nurses graduating and end up unemployed for some time.

luckily my girl has a job guaranteed through Georgetown immediately after she graduates. we found out it'll be paying around 40k though which is when I started thinking about if it was even worth it. luckily she also got an 80% scholarship so we're not paying an absurd amount for the schooling. she said any further schooling she does would be paid in full by the hospital so I'm just trying to convince her to do what'll bring the money in.

in regard to trading in...you might not get as much as you would selling it yourself, but you also get to avoid all the headaches that are involved. I posted my old car on craigslist for like $5500 which was a full $1000 below kbb for a quick sale. I had people calling from everywhere asking me to hold the car and they'd pay the asking price. by the time they'd get here, they'd be offering me like $2800 and would literally stand there for a half hour trying to convince me to sell it to them. I eventually caved to one guy's sob story who brought his "son" and wanted to buy him his "first car". sold it for $4000 and saw it on Craigslist a couple weeks later for $6500 lol. the guy still hasn't sold it as of today though. can't hate on his hustle, but I'm definitely just selling to dealers from now on.

luckily my girl has a job guaranteed through Georgetown immediately after she graduates. we found out it'll be paying around 40k though which is when I started thinking about if it was even worth it. luckily she also got an 80% scholarship so we're not paying an absurd amount for the schooling. she said any further schooling she does would be paid in full by the hospital so I'm just trying to convince her to do what'll bring the money in.
in regard to trading in...you might not get as much as you would selling it yourself, but you also get to avoid all the headaches that are involved. I posted my old car on craigslist for like $5500 which was a full $1000 below kbb for a quick sale. I had people calling from everywhere asking me to hold the car and they'd pay the asking price. by the time they'd get here, they'd be offering me like $2800 and would literally stand there for a half hour trying to convince me to sell it to them. I eventually caved to one guy's sob story who brought his "son" and wanted to buy him his "first car". sold it for $4000 and saw it on Craigslist a couple weeks later for $6500 lol. the guy still hasn't sold it as of today though. can't hate on his hustle, but I'm definitely just selling to dealers from now on.
what kind of vehicle.... NT isnt the only message board... if you really TRY n sell your vehicle go private seller everytime...

short story. my buddy had a 2010 v6 accord coupe... he wanted a 350z. dealer tried to give him like a lil under 16k

he paid like 23 for it, 7k is alot to lose on a honda in 2 yrs so he was like eff it im keepin it... told him to put it on some honda message boards... like 2 days later a guy like an hr away from him paid 18 n change for it. he ended up getting a g37 neway (infiniti marketing division should be cutting me checks at this point)

moral of the story... you can do it quick and lazily or you can keep a cpl stacks by doing the legwork yourself

Last edited:
what kind of vehicle.... NT isnt the only message board... if you really TRY n sell your vehicle go private seller everytime...

short story. my buddy had a 2010 v6 accord coupe... he wanted a 350z. dealer tried to give him like a lil under 16k

he paid like 23 for it, 7k is alot to lose on a honda in 2 yrs so he was like eff it im keepin it... told him to put it on some honda message boards... like 2 days later a guy like an hr away from him paid 18 n change for it. he ended up getting a g37 neway (infiniti marketing division should be cutting me checks at this point)

moral of the story... you can do it quick and lazily or you can keep a cpl stacks by doing the legwork yourself

I doubt I would have gotten more than 16k privately, unfortunate the car had 2 accidents on the Carfax, no coalitions, just vandalism claims, but on the Carfax they just say "accidents" the going rate for the TL-s around this way is from 15-19 depending on condition, also a lot of dudes who want this car want it with the lipkit which I didnt have....so I had set my bar at 16k....my plan was to sell it for that and put 3k on a lease....at the end of the day that's almost exactly what I got minus the headache or time consumption of doing the leg work myself....convenience and piece of mind costs...I think I understand that and can live with it, a grand or 2 loss on what I could have gotten privately won't make me or break me.

/\ word. that wasnt directed towards you, as i said you ended up making out failry well... even the 0 down leases end up approaching 1k in taxes n fees n crap so you def got extra value there

but in general unless theres a car you reallllly want at a specific dealer. your best bet is to jus unload it yourself, especially if you have extras/mods done to the car.

Ahhh i missed that part... well all n all u made out well then. Jus hard for me to justify givng up the sexiness of a tls for a liberty haha
I fear now that i have a lil one the G is gunna end up gettin traded for some midsize suv good on gas... minus whale start researching how to make Terrain look hot now... sigh haha my girl has a suv tho and will always have one so maybe we wont need . *prays*

It's more of a nostalgic attachment for dudes our age and that car I think....seems like that's one of the top 5 somewhat affordable cars dudes our age go for....I lived it up for it's best years....no regrets...it was time for me to move on, the liberty is just a temp thing...reason why is a lease....once my family is in a different state financially as a whole...it will be complete different ballpark.

the difference in money wasn't the issue for me. i was just literally exhausted from showing the car to multiple people and having the same conversations over and over again. it just wasn't worth the time and headache for me. had i been selling a car worth a substantial amount though, things probably would have been different.

I feel you Ksteezy. I have been married 1.5 years and am now just realizing how much I need to rearrange our finances. Thinking about selling my 07 Volvo S40 to pay off some things. I need to close on this house first though. Good pick up.

My baby just arrived. I have a few more parts currently being shipped, but have these so far. I'll probably install them later today...
[Aluminum Tow Hook, M Performance Kidney Grills & Spoiler]

Last edited:
Not this car. I track my E36 M3. The tow-hook was just a free throw-in from my sponsor. Purely aesthetic as far as I'm concerned...

My baby just arrived. I have a few more parts currently being shipped, but have these so far. I'll probably install them later today...
[Aluminum Tow Hook, M Performance Kidney Grills & Spoiler]

semi mirin, love the red seats.

wish my charger had the red leather seats :frown:

Its not that I don't like them...

Its just me man. I'll admit that I'm materialistic as hell on this point. It just seems like at that point you're just TRYING to have the emblem. Why not get a kitted out car of another brand then? 

At least start at the 5 Series or E class. 

Or if you're going to get the entry level joint, why not the M-series or the AMG version? 

I doubt everyone is out there for MPower..

IMO, someone in a 525 looks more foolish than someone in any 3 series..

Nice BMW up there, just hate the hood cuts and the kidney grills connecting to the lights :x dope none the less.

Its not that I don't like them...

Its just me man. I'll admit that I'm materialistic as hell on this point. It just seems like at that point you're just TRYING to have the emblem. Why not get a kitted out car of another brand then? 

At least start at the 5 Series or E class. 

Or if you're going to get the entry level joint, why not the M-series or the AMG version? 
Because the 3 series is straight up a better car than the 5. Drive a 335i and then a 535i and tell me the 3 doesn't put a bigger smile on your face. Plus, you can get a loaded 335i for about the same as a base stripped out 528i. Don't get me wrong, the 5 is a perfectly nice car, it's just that it's made more for middle aged men who want something comfortable, luxurious and decent to drive, whereas the 3 is more intended or performance.

Because the 3 series is straight up a better car than the 5. Drive a 335i and then a 535i and tell me the 3 doesn't put a bigger smile on your face. Plus, you can get a loaded 335i for about the same as a base stripped out 528i. Don't get me wrong, the 5 is a perfectly nice car, it's just that it's made more for middle aged men who want something comfortable, luxurious and decent to drive, whereas the 3 is more intended or performance.
I go on e60 post or whatever forum that is and its the complete opposite. People that go from 3 to 5 series have that bigger smile effect.

Anyone hear have any Diesel / Hybrid cars? any pros / cons

other than gas obviously :lol:

Back
Top Bottom