\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yea man lol, my friends are always surprised by my sharp vision. I just recently put coilovers on my car after spending weeks doing research on suspension. The yellow dampers stick out like a sore thumb, so i knew right away they were Bilsteins. I'm also looking to cop an older Evo, but i was looking at the 8/9 and they come equiped with them as OEM.

Installed TEIN coilovers a few weeks ago at my job using Pittsburgh tools. Only thing i had to borrow from a tech was an impact gun, an electric ratchet and some extensions. 05fordgt 05fordgt

IMG_20200509_085846.jpg

IMG_20200509_085035.jpg
You def have sharp vision, God bless brother. Nice choice for the coilovers...very exciting project lol. I put coils on my Maxima back in Jan. Went with BC Racing. LOVE the drop, not only does it look better with no wheel gap but it rides a lot more planted to the ground as well. Glad you did research on it as their is an entire universe dedicated to coilovers...it never ends. LOL the yellow does stick out like a sore thumb...wish they made them black. I like the Evo from 2 Fast...just not in that particular color/wrap that Paul Walker was whippin around in. Is that the one you're looking into? Bilstein is pretty well reputed so you get what you pay for with em. Tein is also a well established manufacturer, how do you like them? What setting do you have the firmness on? I put my Maximas on at the tightest setting under the assumption it's going to be a tight firm ride like my Challenger only to find out it was like riding on a hayride :rofl: Ole reliable was bouncing & bopping all over the damn place...had to turn it down a notch on the firmness. It's good you have the skills and know-how to install parts by yourself. I have my older brother to do anything and everything mechanical lol, I'm just the driver & check guy haha. 05fordgt 05fordgt is a chill dude. Very knowledgeable on cars. Your OEM springs look to be in ok condition, some life left in em. Hold onto em or sell em. I held onto my Maxima ones just incase. What car did the new ones go on btw? Do you have b4 & afters?

I admire how much effort you put in to keep your car clean with such low mileage.
Those cats gotta go asap tho! Thats like 10 horsepower and a couple hundred dollars waiting to be unlocked.
Lol ty sir, I try. I'm a bit of a neat freak so that's part of the reason why haha. Cat delete...I hear it gets unbearably loud & slight drone. I did the mid muffler delete & am more than happy for the price I paid. Waiting for warranty to expire and than going to put on some longtubes, mean cam & some other goodies

Man, I remember holding spots or walking 3 blocks to park during snow emergency. Then I ended up copping a parking spot off my neighbor in the building who didn’t drive. :pimp:

Man, I remember holding spots or walking 3 blocks to park during snow emergency. Then I ended up copping a parking spot off my neighbor in the building who didn’t drive. :pimp:
That works, indoor parking is appreciated! That must be brutal man in the snow ESP. in the Midwest! I usually try to hold a spot for my brother or dad when it's nice out. Parking in my neighborhood is hectic after like 5PM & with this pandemic it was even worse because nobody was driving anywhere, everybody was at home not working. I've seen cars here that haven't moved since Feb. Their lucky we don't have street cleaning here twice a week in this area lol or they'd be rackin up some tickets.

idc about the snow. You can just walk in the street in a tire track but the cold is horrible.

that was when I lived in probably the most populated area right outside dt Minneapolis. Super congested.

I got a garage now at my own crib. I was renting a homies condo for a few years. Old brownstone with only one off street spot per unit but you could buy a spot off your neighbor if they would let you.

idc about the snow. You can just walk in the street in a tire track but the cold is horrible.

that was when I lived in probably the most populated area right outside dt Minneapolis. Super congested.

I got a garage now at my own crib. I was renting a homies condo for a few years. Old brownstone with only one off street spot per unit but you could buy a spot off your neighbor if they would let you.
Totally agree, snow is the least of worries. It's that sheer bone piercing cold man, I HATE IT lol. Give me warm to hot weather anyday of the week & I'm happy as can be. Are you still near Minneapolis? Have things calmed down after George Floyds murder? My cousins fam from his moms side are out there, they've always loved Minny. Having your own garage is the best. Buying a spot from your neighbor is a cool idea assuming your neighbor is approachable lol y'know how some ppl are. Since I live here & am also an employee @ the development they give me a discount. I pay $160 compared to $180-$210 what regular tenants pay. I can't complain @ $160, Midtown Manhattan garage prices are $500 a month 😱

parking in public is da worst, ppl let them doors SWING!
That & bumper kissers are the absolute worst man. The spot will be big enough to fit an Abrams tank in but they'll still have to tap bumpers for some odd reason. I see it here all the time. Ppl are soo inconsiderate here in NYC. I hate that "If it ain't mine, why should I care for it?" mentality

Totally agree, snow is the least of worries. It's that sheer bone piercing cold man, I HATE IT lol. Give me warm to hot weather anyday of the week & I'm happy as can be. Are you still near Minneapolis? Have things calmed down after George Floyds murder? My cousins fam from his moms side are out there, they've always loved Minny. Having your own garage is the best. Buying a spot from your neighbor is a cool idea assuming your neighbor is approachable lol y'know how some ppl are. Since I live here & am also an employee @ the development they give me a discount. I pay $160 compared to $180-$210 what regular tenants pay. I can't complain @ $160, Midtown Manhattan garage prices are $500 a month 😱
Damn must be nice to own a garage :lol:

Coil overs still make all those popping and cracking sounds they used to make back in the days? Or are there some available that are quiet?

Yeah I prefer the heat as well. I dgaf about heat, my jobs have always involved being hot and I’m so used to it.

yeah I’m in St. Paul so next door, it’s more chill now for sure than a couple weeks ago. I was out there in a bunch of protests and was out where all the drama was, I’ve never seen anything like it. When it was going down it was straight up no laws. No cops anywhere do what you want. Yeah mn is cool for the most part, I just don’t like cold.

that neighbor was literally crazy, he would stay screaming at himself and the sky but then you talk to him and he’d snap right out of it. :lol: whatever just let me use your spot bro...

yeah those garages here gouge too. Not 500 though, I wish I owned a parking ramp. Those fools are loaded and have to pay like 10 people...

Is the mt-82 really that bad? I saw there’s a lawsuit. Asking cause that might be my next car. Manual GT even though the auto is faster

There have been cases of seriously messed up transmissions. I coworker, before he worked with me, got a 2013 GT. Less than 200 miles and 2nd gear was gone. #5 & #6 was going. Ford only wanted to put a trans kit in. His uncle was my boss (sales manager). He (his nephew, the car owner) wrote to Ford. Explaining this is a BRAND NEW car. 200 miles. It should get an entirely new transmission. Wellz it worked and he got it.

Now it did get better over time and for the most part it's solid, but there are known issues with it. Let me say this. I'm a manual purist. Love my 2006 Mustang GT 5-speed. But having driven the new 10-speed, it's damn impressive! And with my wife getting her new '18 F-Type SVR. Having driven it plenty now in the 3+ months she's had it, that has a ZF 8-speed with paddles. That trans is #1, bulletproof being a ZF, and #2, really fast and really fun in manual mode! It's not dual clutch PDK, or Ferrari fast shifts, but it's really a blast. Autos have gotten so much better.

LMAOOO

I really like the ford gt too, but that interior is pretty trash even in the time period it was produced in.
I cant get over the god awful steering wheel.
and i kinda dont like that 5.4 motor either

The interior is what it was at the time. Remember it was developed in the early 2000s and the entire program came together from drawing to completion of the 1st 3 cars in about 18 months. That is unheard of and basically impossible today. They had to use parts from other cars. Only way to make it work for the beancounters. And also, it was the most expensive Ford of it's time. Ill take it as it's a minimalist car, in the same realm as a Lotus Elise. Very basic with no electronic "nannies" to save you like ESC. Heck it doesn't even have traction control. Only a LSD.

And the 5.4? They wanted a V10, but didn't have one that would hold up so they did the 5.4. And it's not the same one in the F-Series. The engine is so over-engineered, it is bulletproof. Why do you think the cars that are the fastest in the standing mile runs are Ford GTs? It's because the stock block can easily hold 1000 hp and go up to 1200 to 1300. Everything was overbuilt. And it's why they cost so little to fix, thought some parts are getting scarce.

:rofl:fam loves his GT

Until you actually drive one, and I mean take it out for an extended drive, most won't understand it. It's 100% analog. No fancy computer systems to save you if you mess up. Plus the torque the thing has is crazy! It's underrated stock (rumors are around 565 ish to the tires). Pull into a cars & coffee with a Huracan or a GT, the GT will get more attention every time. It's because you don't see them. They made 4038 of them in 2 years. Now subtract the totalled ones, and the ones shipped overseas so your easily in the mid 3000 car total.

The few times I drive them, the people watching you is CRAZY!! Thumbs up at every stop light. People wind down their window to chat. Cell phone pics. It's nuts. It's why this car has appreciated where as McLaren and Lamborghini depreciate. Heck, even the Ferrari 360 and the 430, the car the GT was made to go against has dropped in value so much. It's a car that, along with the Carrera GT, won't be repeated again.

Back
Top Bottom