\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Briefly considered buying this a few months back.

DSC_4985-scaled.jpg

That's an 850CSi with the throwing star wheels. They are getting stupid expensive.

Absolutely did. My buddy's car in the picture is an 850Ci so that's a V12 and is a manual. It's glorious. They had the 840 which was the V8 (and most of those are automatics) and the 850 CSI which is silly rare and way more money. This car above will get updated chips for the 3 ECUs, among a few other small upgrades and will be as fast as the CSI for way way way less.
I was told the v12 is less reliable than the v8 version seeing that they put two straight sixes together and theres two of everything on the engine components.

Still love the car though . Pillar-less coupes are a favorite of mine

is it the same V12 that was used in 7's from the same era? love E31's, have been tempted by the 10-15 grand 100k+ miles cars that pop up for sale but know that it would cost a lot to restore & maintain.

The brand new 2022 Porsche Macan has just as much power, drives like a Porsche and MSRP is 54k before options. Just ordered one. It’ll be my 4th Macan in 4 years. Hand down the best daily grocery getter that can still punch

Problem with the Macan (and any Porsche really) is the base models come with hardly anything and after you add a couple of options you're already +20% from MSRP (if not more).

To compare the grand wagoneer to a base macan is just silly. I find it hard to believe anyone would be cross shopping the two

The brand new 2022 Porsche Macan has just as much power, drives like a Porsche and MSRP is 54k before options. Just ordered one. It’ll be my 4th Macan in 4 years. Hand down the best daily grocery getter that can still punch

Macans are nice, but smaller than I would like. Wife drives an X5. If we are going SUV, I want something with lots of space. Have considered a Taycan though if we are going smaller. Love the customization options with Porsche.

I hit up my local guy at the dealership about an optioned out 2021 Tahoe Z71. He said they are almost impossible to find at this point.

Always hire a Traffic lawyer when you get a ticket with anything more than 3 points imo. If you were on the highway doing double the limit I don't see why you even stopped.
I got a lawyer but lost the case lol

I was on the regular road. I did 72 in a 35

My car is way too bright to run haha

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Ima be honest fam u deserve that for being a bonehead. shuda had ur license suspended for a bit.

72 in a 35 u aint ayrton senna fam go sit down :lol:

i mean this in a respectful way

these roads r shared
It’s was 5am on the way to work no one else on the road besides me. I just did a Lil 2nd gear pull

we have the worst speed limits here in Oregon 55 mph on our highways

It’s was 5am on the way to work no one else on the road besides me. I just did a Lil 2nd gear pull

How did you get a ticket if no one was on the road :lol:

i don’t want to personally attack you i just want my nt fam to stay safe and out of trouble and keep the other people on the road in mind

It’s all love

I was told the v12 is less reliable than the v8 version seeing that they put two straight sixes together and theres two of everything on the engine components.

Still love the car though . Pillar-less coupes are a favorite of mine
is it the same V12 that was used in 7's from the same era? love E31's, have been tempted by the 10-15 grand 100k+ miles cars that pop up for sale but know that it would cost a lot to restore & maintain.

I believe it's the same V12 engine in the older 7 series. And for both of you, the V12 is much more costly to maintain and fix if a problem arrives. It actually has 3 ECUs one for each half of the engine and one handing the other parts of the car. It's a crazy setup. The V8 would be cheaper but not sure by how much. They are beautiful though. And that's the way the "kidney grill" on BMWs should look.

Here in wa state.. whenever i see someone going under 60 on the freeways.. 9/10 its always a oregon license plate and in the far left lane. Move over and speed the **** up lol.

Got a speeding camera ticket last week here in DC.

56 in a 40. It's $300 :stoneface: At least insurance ain't involved. What's making me mad is I have known about that camera for years. I just blanked out that day for some reason. :smh:

So today was the 1st day (tomorrow is the other day to choose from) for an extended test drive event put on by the local Lamborghini dealership at a local higher end restaurant. It was an invitation only event (emailed out) and you get your choice between a Huracan Evo coupe, Huracan Evo Spider or a Urus. You get 30 minutes with the car on back roads around the Main Line (near Villanova University). We're doing it tomorrow (sadly weather looks really crappy, so I went today to take photos) but they posted a few "surprises" for the customers to see when they arrived. And here are the surprises.

PXL_20210728_181011870.jpg
PXL_20210728_181119894.jpg
PXL_20210728_181222444.jpg
PXL_20210728_181318133.jpg
PXL_20210728_181608345.jpg
PXL_20210728_181758461.jpg
PXL_20210728_181456658.jpg
PXL_20210728_181741793.jpg
PXL_20210728_182110664.jpg
PXL_20210728_184807226.jpg

Yeah!! Saw this on IG this morning and HAD to head down ASAP! That is a 1983 or 1984 Countach "Low Body" car (the body sits 2" lower than other newer Countach models. I dislike him a lot, but the best example is Matt Farah's Countach is a later car that is higher. The wheels on the low body are under the fenders more. Same as the Cannonball Run car.

And the cherry on the sundae, a Miura SV!! HOLY BLEEP!! That car right there is a $3M vehicle! And it's freaking gorgeous!! Then the Huracans are both Evos. The Blue one is the test drive car. Has the orange sport seats. The Giallo Belenus has yellow bi-color interior with the same sport seats. Incredible. Was talking to the one salesperson (ugh, I'll say why I say that shortly) and he said they are on consignment from a very good client. Owner wants $3.1 or so and like $800K for the Countach (which is a bit high as the last several cars were in the high 400K range and this is about the same condition as those on Bring A Trailer.

Dude really couldn't say anything about them. I know you don't sell them, but know the history of your product. I knew Mustangs like the back of my hand when I sold Fords. And I knew the Ford GT like it was my own car. Same crap happened when we went to Kerbeck in Jersey. Salesperson didn't even know the color of the Huracan on the showroom floor (my wife knew as she LOVED the color and would get that color on a Huracan if that was to be her next car in a few years). Pretty sad and rather lazy to not know your product you sell. 👎👎

Anyhow, seeing these two cars was such a surreal moment. Haven't seen a Countach & Miura since the Italian Car show in the Poconos since 2005. Don't care what anyone says about how bad a Countach is to drive, if money were no object, I'd have one in a second!!! My childhood poster car and the car that got me into cars in the 4th grade.

Last edited:
Got a speeding camera ticket last week here in DC.

56 in a 40. It's $300 :stoneface: At least insurance ain't involved. What's making me mad is I have known about that camera for years. I just blanked out that day for some reason. :smh:
That's always when it gets you. Last ticket I got the cop was clearly on the side with the lights on because he just finished another stop, and Waze was blaring that there's a cop. I was just driving not paying attention to extras. Thinking and driving.

Tickets suck! Pops got a speeding ticket from one of them speed trap cameras exiting Brooklyn-$50. Posted speed limit was 25mph & he was going 36mph in a "school zone". I myself got not 1 but 2 tickets on my Challenger few weeks back. I had it parked outside my apt & was waiting for the sun to go down a lil so I can wash it. Damn traffic cops did a run through the neighborhood around 5ish in the afternoon & got me for No front plate & Liberty plate(phased out NY state plate) in the back, can't legally have those on anymore. $65 each ☹. There went $130 to the NYC "fundraiser" as I call it lol. She said to mount the front plate & take a pic & send it in. Needless to say I hvnt put a front plate on since. Lesson learned though...next time I wash it only bring it out when I'm ready to wash it instead of letting it be parked on the street for an extended period of time. I wouldn't even have known had it not been for my sister in law who saw from her apt window the cops hovering around my car & called me, I went downstairs thinking I can drive off b4 they get me lol but the traffic cop had already scanned my registration sticker 😪. Still not taking off my Liberty plate- it's too damn pretty + NY state has some of the ugliest plates minus them Liberty ones.

Back
Top Bottom