\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Is that a 2010 M5? Love that car V10 🔥. I've read & heard that engine isn't the most reliable

This one is the 08' lci

Word about the engine lol. I'm gonna do the preventative stuff maybe around 50k miles (rod bearings etc.)

44k miles last owner had it for 9 years. everything checked out but I know what I'm dealing with. gotta pay to play!

oem wheels in hand but leaving the HREs on. not my daily anyway.

This one is the 08' lci

Word about the engine lol. I'm gonna do the preventative stuff maybe around 50k miles (rod bearings etc.)

44k miles last owner had it for 9 years. everything checked out but I know what I'm dealing with. gotta pay to play!

That's wassup man, fire pickup bro. Hope she lasts you a long long time. HREs look great on it. Got a pic of the stock wheels? That front bumper is factory? Looks sick. What's your daily. With a V10 in the stable- "itshlitt" lol

In the market for tires

Would y'all say this list is accurate?

Screenshot_20210915-143943_Chrome.jpg

Appreciate it bro, it’s sadly not modded looks wise yet, like most Z’s out there but I hope all goes well where I’ll at least get to boost it. I been checking this thread like every other day or so, what ever happen to the maxima claim? Did the insurance finally figure everything out?
That's kool though because sometimes there's a certain appeal to a car as it ages & no mods have been done to how it looks. It's a clean factory look & you stand out being one of the few keeping it stock. Boosting it sounds like fun! Most def add a blowoff valve when you boost it. I absolutely LOVE that sound- ahhh tishhhh ahhh tishhhhhhh lol. Oh yeah that lol so I got $ from Geico & they gave me $1,600 minus $250 because I bought it back from them...there was no way in hell I was letting my baby go to the crusher. Soon after that I went to a local junkyard in Queens to get some doors. It'a a little bittersweet because I got doors that fit BUT they're from a '98 Infiniti I30 which had a tad bit darker of a gold shade than my car so it's a little off. Also have to get it re-tinted because when I swapped the doors I had to let go of the windows from my doors as the worker didn't know how to swap the glass. My brother could've done all this for me as he's a mechanic but me & him got into it around that time & we was beefing lol. I got the rear axle beam replaced & it works just like before. I haven't posted a pic because I still have yet to get it tinted but here's what it looks like now. The regular wheel & tire is back on in the rear right. I was running the donut until I had them pop out that rear qrtr panel. I have tracked down a fresh OEM front fender & rear bumper(will be going on soon) & I'm still hunting for a donor car that I can get proper doors from + other bits & pieces. All in all she's still alive & still on the road & going strong- 176,000 miles & counting 😁. I still curse that mofo for ruining my car **** him & most Infinti drivers. Ever since that tragedy happened I now park it in the garage next to my Challenger. Don't want to risk anything happening again. Screw street parking
20210715_115725.jpg
20210715_115712.jpg

Question I have always loved those driveways, but since I have older cars I fear oil leaks. Have you had any issues with the brick or words of advice for someone looking into a similar driveway?

honestly I haven’t dealt with any leaks I’m not sure about that at all. I had this driveway paved maybe 4 years ago and so far so good, no issues. I highly recommend it over black top or concrete for sure, no regrets.

That's wassup man, fire pickup bro. Hope she lasts you a long long time. HREs look great on it. Got a pic of the stock wheels? That front bumper is factory? Looks sick. What's your daily. With a V10 in the stable- "itshlitt" lol

A 20' forester sport for the family hauler right now, nothing crazy.

It's in the garage kinda lazy but Google e60 m5 you'll see it. Front bumper is oem but there's the lip on it.

This one is the 08' lci

Manual or SMG? E60 always got a lot of criticism but man I really like them. IMO they are a really good buy since prices have been very reasonable. Sure it will need maintenance, but you can't go wrong with a screaming V10.

Looks great in Alpine White, too. Love that lip on the bumper.

That's kool though because sometimes there's a certain appeal to a car as it ages & no mods have been done to how it looks. It's a clean factory look & you stand out being one of the few keeping it stock. Boosting it sounds like fun! Most def add a blowoff valve when you boost it. I absolutely LOVE that sound- ahhh tishhhh ahhh tishhhhhhh lol. Oh yeah that lol so I got $ from Geico & they gave me $1,600 minus $250 because I bought it back from them...there was no way in hell I was letting my baby go to the crusher. Soon after that I went to a local junkyard in Queens to get some doors. It'a a little bittersweet because I got doors that fit BUT they're from a '98 Infiniti I30 which had a tad bit darker of a gold shade than my car so it's a little off. Also have to get it re-tinted because when I swapped the doors I had to let go of the windows from my doors as the worker didn't know how to swap the glass. My brother could've done all this for me as he's a mechanic but me & him got into it around that time & we was beefing lol. I got the rear axle beam replaced & it works just like before. I haven't posted a pic because I still have yet to get it tinted but here's what it looks like now. The regular wheel & tire is back on in the rear right. I was running the donut until I had them pop out that rear qrtr panel. I have tracked down a fresh OEM front fender & rear bumper(will be going on soon) & I'm still hunting for a donor car that I can get proper doors from + other bits & pieces. All in all she's still alive & still on the road & going strong- 176,000 miles & counting 😁. I still curse that mofo for ruining my car **** him & most Infinti drivers. Ever since that tragedy happened I now park it in the garage next to my Challenger. Don't want to risk anything happening again. Screw street parking
20210715_115725.jpg
20210715_115712.jpg
It's ironic how an Infiniti damaged it and an Infiniti was sacrificed to fix it :lol:

Is that a 2010 M5? Love that car V10 🔥. I've read & heard that engine isn't the most reliable

That is the #1 crutch with that car, it's motor. Even Doug DeMuro did his E60 M5 video intro the proper way...by saying the best way to experience a BMW M5 V10? By driving someone else's M5 V10, because it's a car you NEVER want to own!! Here's the video below.

Last edited:
It's ironic how an Infiniti damaged it and an Infiniti was sacrificed to fix it :lol:
YOO I never even thought about it like that! Lol you're so right. Something eerie about it. Every time I did think of it I automatically just start cursing at that *** wipe :lol:
That is the #1 crutch with that car, it's motor. Even Doug DeMuro did his E60 M5 video intro the proper way...buy saying the best way to experience a BMW M5 V10? By driving someone else's M5 V10, because it's a car you NEVER want to own!! Here's the video below.

I remember watching that video. Why is the motor so notorious lol. That car has always been sexy to me

YOO I never even thought about it like that! Lol you're so right. Something eerie about it. Every time I did think of it I automatically just start cursing at that *** wipe :lol:

I remember watching that video. Why is the motor so notorious lol. That car has always been sexy to me

Rod bearing issues. Mostly from stupid owners who were flooring their cars and driving like douches without warming up the engine.

Manual or SMG? E60 always got a lot of criticism but man I really like them. IMO they are a really good buy since prices have been very reasonable. Sure it will need maintenance, but you can't go wrong with a screaming V10.

Looks great in Alpine White, too. Love that lip on the bumper.
Yeah they good but expensive as a MOFO when they go down, even with a good mechanic. I miss my 545 though.

11103131_10205043432898965_8689629652907532785_o.jpg

11134027_10205043432978967_4660163410001201182_o.jpg

E60 M5 is one car I've never driven which I'm just itching to.

S85 swapped E46 M3 would be a dream build for me.

I was part of the e60 gang (545i) and I kinda miss that car. I almost got myself into dumb early 20s debt with an e60 m5 and now I’m even more glad I didn’t pull the trigger... I think The e39 M5 will always be my favorite M, because it brings back so many memories. I remember being in high school watching the BMW Films starring Clive Owen. They were basically long *** commercials with a plot, but they had me hyped lol. Also, the e38 will always be 🔥 IMO.

Don’t sleep on continental tires and the m boys are rolling in I love it :pimp:

44k miles is low for that m5
rod bearings will save that engine but I hear they have transmission issues too but if it’s a 6 speed that’s as good as it’s gonna get :pimp:

I was part of the e60 gang (545i) and I kinda miss that car. I almost got myself into dumb early 20s debt with an e60 m5 and now I’m even more glad I didn’t pull the trigger... I think The e39 M5 will always be my favorite M, because it brings back so many memories. I remember being in high school watching the BMW Films starring Clive Owen. They were basically long *** commercials with a plot, but they had me hyped lol. Also, the e38 will always be 🔥 IMO.

Those The Hire films were awesome. Lot of big name directors on that project. I'm biased, but IMO E39 is probably the best overall sedan you can buy.

E38 is classic too, greatest 7 series of all time. In Europe they got optional manual transmission, too. America got shafted as usual.

Not sure what was cooler, the Ericsson phone driven one from Tomorrow Never Dies or the manual one in The Transporter. Both :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom