\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yall recommend expel plus cc? or will cc be good if you won't be driving the car a lot anyway?

If you mean put down XPel PPF then coat it with ceramic, then definitely. Even if you don't drive it much, all it takes is one stone flying up to ruin your day. For X-Pel get their Ultimate 10. It's the best they got and it's very very very good. Self healing in direct sun. Good stuff.

Ceramic doesn't protect like PPF. They will show it hardens the paint as a top layer but that's not what it's really sold as. It's sold as a way to not have to wax your car for x amount of years as water just falls right off and dirt & dust comes off with a quick rinse.

PPF is a full 10 mils of protection and it works like a champ. Worth it on anything nice. Do both and you'll cut down your wash time by A LOT.

Oh, definitely the manual car that Statham drove. Though I liked the wheels on the one Bond used. M Parallels!! 🔥🔥

M-Parallels the GOAT, such a nice wheel. I really, really want a set for my E39. But that's at least $2000+the cost of 4 new tires and I'm cheap as hell lmao.

I also love the Style 71 wheels. They are not that common, a little more seen on E46 but apparently they did also have them on the E39.

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 10.55.52 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 10.55.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 10.54.34 AM.png

Good question. I used to be a Meguiar's guy for everything and anything. That's changed. I'll still use theirs Quick Detailer or their Ceramic detailer (though it's not real ceramic, like the coating but it's good) but I use different brands for different needs.

Washing: Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam with my MTM Hydro PF 22.2 foam Cannon! Stuff looks like I coated the car with marshmallow fluff! And that cannon is THE BEST!! I just use a generic microfiber mitt to wash using the snow foam and rinse in the buckets.

PXL_20210410_174036422.jpg
PXL_20210418_165201604.jpg
PXL_20210410_174051309.jpg

Interior general: Adams sweet almond detail spray. Stuff works wonders, and smells great.
Leather: This I still use Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner. Haven't yet gotten some Chemical Guys leather stuff.

Black trim (rubber/plastic) Meguiar's Ultimate Black. Stuff really adds moisture to plastics that have faded in the sun.

No wheel cleaner. Just soap and elbow grease. Some of those eat up the finish. Won't make that mistake again.

Tire dressing is Meguiar's purple Endurance Tire. Great and no sling. Dries quick too.

Last but not lease, my new favorite wax. Was always a Meguiar's Gold Class Wax (carnauba) but I tried Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax and I'M SOLD! Easy to apply, a little goes a long way, and when the wax, hazes, and buffed, the car just looks wet. See the pics below.
PXL_20210704_150126678.jpg

PXL_20210704_145915389.jpg

PXL_20210912_154216617.jpg

PXL_20210910_232225958.jpg

This wax is my favorite I've used. Both cars above are waxed using it. No ceramic or anything else. Just a wash and hand waxed. The SVR looks so glossy and wet. The GT looks very shiny (especially for near 16 year old paint). And the pearl paint on the Gallardo really comes out in the sun after use it. I'm truly impressed.

And I use Adam's Detail Spray to keep the shine up. The stuff is amazing. Just watch for sales as they usually offer a free 16 oz bottle with a gallon purchase. Worth it. 👍

Man that F-Type :nthat::nthat:One of the prettiest cars of the last decade without a doubt.

Man that F-Type :nthat::nthat:One of the prettiest cars of the last decade without a doubt.

Thanks bud. It definitely is. Jag designers knew what to do when they created it. The modern E-Type. And it's a shame that the new one looks terrible. They totally killed the front of it.

She loves it more than the Gallardo, she really does. Such a special car. And I love washing it.

PPF is expensive. If cost is no issue get it.

wife’s new Highlander has factory PPF on the bumpers and mirror caps. I coated over them also. Bug removal is a breeze.

PPF isn't cheap, but the cost to do varies greatly depending on who does it. It's a good $800 swing from some shops to other places in my area. And the place she took her Gallardo to, was REALLY good. Wasn't less service or quality, just they know how to price to get business. And the guy came in 2nd in a national X-Pel installation contest at the national convention. So quality was definitely there.

The best thing with PPF, besides getting off bugs and stuff, is the more peace of mind they driving on highways and such won't damage the car anymore. It makes driving less stressful.

Last edited:
Appreciate everyone’s response on the product you guys use to detail your cars especially the detailed responses.

Provide me a good starting point and I started compiling a list of products I’m going to order

i remember dude here with the amg got his car keyed and his wrap saved his paint now i know it aint PPF but that always made me prefer some sort of layer of film over pure coating
would probably protect better over chips and small scrapes too

Appreciate everyone’s response on the product you guys use to detail your cars especially the detailed responses.

Provide me a good starting point and I started compiling a list of products I’m going to order

Outstanding buddy. Glad we could all put our 0.02¢ in to assist. And believe me when I posted it, the whole thing starts with a good foam cannon. I bought one of those cheap $30 Amazon ones and thew it out after the 2nd wash. Just didn't foam up like it should, and that was using the Honeydew soap. The MTM Hydro PF 22.2, is a bit pricey at $90 bucks BUT it will last a LONG TIME if you take care of it and won't ever fail to provide the results you want. I love mine and am so happy with it. Worth every penny! Good luck getting all your stuff. 👍👍

For the shaving cream thick foam make sure your pressure washer has at least 2.2 gallons per minute. I prefer electric psi washers due to the noise.

Have a Greenworks from Lowes and it has been great for 3+ years. Get an MTM stubby gun and make all the hoses quick connects.

Going to get an MTM or Griots Boss cannon soon. Have an Amazon one now and changed out the orifice to 1.1mm it makes pretty good foam.

Armor All has a ceramic foam wash that i have been impressed with.

For the shaving cream thick foam make sure your pressure washer has at least 2.2 gallons per minute. I prefer electric psi washers due to the noise.

Have a Greenworks from Lowes and it has been great for 3+ years. Get an MTM stubby gun and make all the hoses quick connects.

Going to get an MTM or Griots Boss cannon soon. Have an Amazon one now and changed out the orifice to 1.1mm it makes pretty good foam.

Armor All has a ceramic foam wash that i have been impressed with.

Second ALL THIS!! I grabbed my electric pressure washer from Harbor Freight for $80 and it's been wonderful. Never missed a beat and does what I need it for (which is washing our cars and cleaning the back deck of pollen from the trees). If your cleaning cars you don't need anymore than 2000psi to be safe. Any more is overkill.

And gatorb807 gatorb807 , thank you for mentioning the MTM stubby gun. Got that with their whole kit (cannon, stubby gun, extension wand and 50' rubber hose) and it's been a joy to wash cars now. The quick connect makes life SO MUCH EASIER when I gotta put everything away. The stock hoses on pressure washers are too stiff, kink, and they have that stupid screw on attachment. And since it's under pressure, it's hard to remove. The quick connects are the best. And the hose makes a difference too. The standard ones are just too short. 50' job is so much easier to get things done. 👍

I was part of the e60 gang (545i) and I kinda miss that car. I almost got myself into dumb early 20s debt with an e60 m5 and now I’m even more glad I didn’t pull the trigger... I think The e39 M5 will always be my favorite M, because it brings back so many memories. I remember being in high school watching the BMW Films starring Clive Owen. They were basically long *** commercials with a plot, but they had me hyped lol. Also, the e38 will always be 🔥 IMO.

I had a 545 as well, was manual and I loved it, car was quick, loved the handling and it was sexy…. well to me it was

Untitled by KushDryGoods, on Flickr

Cars and coffee was beautiful today. My first time checking it out.

IMG_20210919_132805_622.jpg
IMG_20210919_132805_654.jpg
IMG_20210919_132805_695.jpg
IMG_20210919_132805_733.jpg
IMG_20210919_132805_756.jpg
IMG_20210919_132805_786.jpg
20210919_110708.jpg
20210919_103857.jpg

You should have driven up rt30 to Audi Devon for Girls & Gears first cars & coffee! It was HUGE! 150 cars & we have free reign of the dealership. Food, water, soda, awesome cars. A total of 11 Lamborghinis were there. Such a wonderful day! I'll post my pics in a little bit.

43484E26-6859-45C6-9708-BBCC1664D646.jpeg
5AFB23A4-E9B9-4E62-AE70-B936B050C69C.jpeg
A3DF7483-1259-44D1-9E43-5B09A44A0AB7.jpeg

Picked up this 93 Civic Si Friday night from a good friend of mine. This car has been completely sorted and drives as good as, if not better than, my 17 Civic Type R.

I bought it as a replacement for my 92 VX which is now being completely stripped and parted out.

My first car was a black 92 Si that I daily drove for 10 years. I sold it in 2013 and always regretted it. I was super fortunate to find this one in this condition.

How do y’all be finding Cars and Coffee events, I know I live in a boring city, but is there like a Instagram or FB group, I’d love to go to one, I think the closest ones to me are either in Houston or San Antonio.

You should have driven up rt30 to Audi Devon for Girls & Gears first cars & coffee! It was HUGE! 150 cars & we have free reign of the dealership. Food, water, soda, awesome cars. A total of 11 Lamborghinis were there. Such a wonderful day! I'll post my pics in a little bit.

I knew I should have PMd you to see what the best move was for the day. I still had a good time out there and can't wait to see your pics.

How do y’all be finding Cars and Coffee events, I know I live in a boring city, but is there like a Instagram or FB group, I’d love to go to one, I think the closest ones to me are either in Houston or San Antonio.
search car events on Saturday on google

Or whatever city you are in search carsncoffee and a page or two should pop up along with some pages for night meets and stuff

I knew I should have PMd you to see what the best move was for the day. I still had a good time out there and can't wait to see your pics.

No worries. The Mainline Cars & Coffee is really good though I heard from several friends to came to the the Girls & Gears show that parking at Mainline was a cluster. Very disorganized. The other was so laid back with plenty of room to have cars since the dealership didn't have many cars in inventory. Not sure when the next one will be. Just keep tabs on Instagram for info. 👍

You can go onto Instagram and use your area as a general search for Cars & Coffee events. It's where most of the stuff is posted.

Hell just head of another one here in VA in local newspaper. VA has a Middleburg C&C, Leesburg, Dulles, Katie's in McLean, Woodbridge, and probably more. I was surprised a home many, I think they even have one on Sunday's in the Kohl's parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom