\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I had that prelude in that silver/blue in my 20s. Been searching for a clean example for a while. Last one I missed was the black one on bat because I thought it would sell for more than it did or I would have tried to bought it
Come on back man, they are a joy to drive, beats putting miles on my Tundra. MOFO a tank but was at 75K miles in 3 years. Slowed it down to about 110K/120K at 6 years.

I've read somewhere Sony was expecting to it their production target of the PS5 for the rest of the year, so I figured the shortage may be over. But with recent news, that isn't the case anymore.

I really do hope this shortage comes to an end, because it's having some serious effects. So many cars are being over valued, and you're going to see a "dump" in the market, when these cars go under water. Stimmi cash and Federal Loans didn't do anything to prevent the exacerbation of the issue. Injecting in all this "cheap" money into American's pocket didn't do the country any favors.

I'm willing to wait it out for as long as it takes. Hopefully not too long.
Shoot wish I was getting some of that stimmi money, would of just held it and put in crypto.
Screenshot_20210921-090019_Chrome.jpg
Wild you would put that exact car. I worked with a guy with the G35 first came out, white guy never drove stick. Went out and bought a brand new G35 and learned how to drive stick on it. SMH.

Come on back man, they are a joy to drive, beats putting miles on my Tundra. MOFO a tank but was at 75K miles in 3 years. Slowed it down to about 110K/120K at 6 years.
They are so fun. I’ll be back eventually. Hitting vtec in that thing was so good :lol: :smokin

Ok! 👎

Then by your statement, the crackles and pops of a Huracan Evo is also rice?
I'll add my .02

I love the sound my 911 makes in sport. Loud pops every time you let off the throttle,.

My girl on the other hand, asked if the car was broken.

When i'm driving and I hear some BMW with a burble tune that sounds like a gunshot I get really upset though. Scares the hell out of me. Unnecessary when your 0-60 is 7 seconds on a cold day.

05fordgt 05fordgt

This is why I say its rice

a trend that ricers have taken over and made their own

I know wear rare airs wear rare airs is in LA and man is it bad out here

especially with the bmw's, high school lookin dude in my neighborhood has a damn 320i that sounds like he's playing a soundtrack of US Army sound clips

and he purposely drives to make it pop as much as he can

it's like the wings were originally for down force then ricers put em on everything for a style and ruined it

Aight fellas, it's official. Starting the process to build my engine on the Challenger 😁😁😁. Starting off small oil catch can/jet coated longtube headers/choppy cam/tune/drag radials. Can't wait. Jim(TrueStreet owner) booked me for Dec.1st because everything earlier is booked. I'm so excited! I didn't go inside the work area as they looked busy so jist got couple of crappy shots of the toys that are in there right now
congrats papi, happy for u mashallah
NY prices be wild bruh.
gotta play to be in the second best state in da USA after CA
Heard from a dealer the car market may expect to correct sometime by Summer 2022. Long ways from now, it seems, but we'll see if this chip shortage will be resolved before then.

Guess no car for me. I refuse to get a 2019 M2 Comp with ~11k miles for the same price as brand new.

Join the hold gang bruh. in the same boat ppl want to sell used trucks same prices as new :lol:

I think 2023 will be the year it normalizes, hopefully summer 2022 if we get lucky.

Manufacturing on a global scale is still being hit hard due to covid, many of these 3rd world countries where our products come from do not have vaccine access unfortunately.

Join the hold gang bruh. in the same boat ppl want to sell used trucks same prices as new :lol:

I think 2023 will be the year it normalizes, hopefully summer 2022 if we get lucky.

Manufacturing on a global scale is still being hit hard due to covid, many of these 3rd world countries where our products come from do not have vaccine access unfortunately.

I have no issues with waiting for a new car. Absolutely none!

Makes no ******* sense to buy a 2 year old car for almost the same price as brand new.

Oh we talking Honda's / Acura's, thought it was to low budget in this thread. Back in April/May picked up an 01 Prelude as my daily driver. SC400 is still in the shop and that won't be my daily once it's done. MR2 is to small in my opinion for the backroads I sometimes take, deer jump out or play in the street.
230295817_10222996445073049_2561936982334596871_n.jpg

Loving this car, manual SH tons of fun.

My late pops had a brown Prelude as his first car when we came to the states. Was a toddler back then so I dont remember it at all but hes why im into cars now. Always have a soft spot for them.

Installed new Indy 500 on the rear on my Z... now car feel dangerous asf at high speed lol. Crazy it’s the same tires and spec I had on it before. My front tire still decent, have like a 6/32 tread left. Do anyone think a new alignment would fix this feeling or maybe because the rear still new, it’s causing this swaying left and right feeling and i should just wait it out?

Installed new Indy 500 on the rear on my Z... now car feel dangerous asf at high speed lol. Crazy it’s the same tires and spec I had on it before. My front tire still decent, have like a 6/32 tread left. Do anyone think a new alignment would fix this feeling or maybe because the rear still new, it’s causing this swaying left and right feeling and i should just wait it out?
Do you got camber wear? If all your bushings look good I'd get some front tires then get the alignment.

Do you got camber wear? If all your bushings look good I'd get some front tires then get the alignment.

the front Still had 6/32 so figure I could’ve got a few more miles in them before I buy new ones. My rear tires before I bought new ones, was completely bald in the inside and my most trusted shop told me that’s normal with the amount of spirit driving I do, so the alignment was fine at the time.

I set up an appointment for next week to get a new alignment so hopefully that helps. If not I maybe have to buy new front tires too smh

I remember reading that when the 350Z first came out or a few years after it's launch, the factory spec of the camber was causing people to blow through tires like crazy. Like inner tire wear to the wear bars in like 6K miles. I even believe they issued a TSB to correct it.

Last edited:
Since y’all talking about Hondas and Acuras

I hope they don’t mess up the new Integra.

Just take the CTR platform and engine, shorten it up a bit, make it a coupe. Maybe some SH-AWD.

I remember reading that when the 350Z first came out or a few years after it's launch, the factory spec of the camber was causing people to blow through tires like crazy. Like inner tire wear to the west bars in like 6K miles. I even believe they issued a TSB to correct it.

G35 too.

Camber kit was needed to correct it.

Refuse to buy a brand new car as well.

I'm motivated to buy used, with low miles, for a fair price. They can keep the prices raised up as long as they want, mamma aint raise no fool.
In some cases, you can actually come out ahead buying new vs used.

Last year during COVID, 0% APR was being given out like candy

And never buy a car in NYC. You can get better deals in NJ and PA

Last edited:
I'll add my .02

I love the sound my 911 makes in sport. Loud pops every time you let off the throttle,.

My girl on the other hand, asked if the car was broken.

When i'm driving and I hear some BMW with a burble tune that sounds like a gunshot I get really upset though. Scares the hell out of me. Unnecessary when your 0-60 is 7 seconds on a cold day.
Pops and bangs are the new rice mod. The equivalent of fart can exausts back in the day

In some cases, you can actually come out ahead buying new vs used.

Last year during COVID, 0% APR was being given out like candy

And never buy a car in NYC. You can get better deals in NJ and PA

Yeah, you have some excellent points. But in this case, it just doesn't make sense to spend ~$60k for a car with 10-12k miles for the same price as a brand new model with 0miles.

I started looking around nationwide. Willing to drive out to pick it up and drive it back to NYC. Or maybe even ship it back, if the economics make sense.

Hey guys I’m in the market for a street car that I plan to track and daily in nice weather. Maybe join a spec series race eventually or time attack if I get serious.
My budget is 15k.

So far I’m leaning towards a C5 corvette. Hopefully a z06 if I come across a high mileage one.
I also like the e46 330ci/m3 platform but I’m worried about maintenance cost plus the notorious subframe/rod bearing issue on top it.

I’m open to other cars except miata’s 😂.

btw I recently test drove a 06 350z manual with 60k miles on Craigslist . He was asking 12.5k but I felt it was too expensive for what is was. I test drove it bc I always wanted one when I was college.

so far I think the c5 is my best bet. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom