\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thank you for the well wishes :smile: . Ahh man, that sucks, bet they had some gems. Wonder how that Camino is doing nowadays. Ohh that Lightning is :pimp:. Paul Walker had that in the first F&F. Looks great in red or blue. Yeah his fox is dope. Never knew that's what the rims were called- I like em a lot. I always thought they were Cragar

Thanks homie
HIs El Camino ended up at my neighbors house actually a street over - guy shoved a 454 in it and races it. It was a v6 before. 8) Went to a good home, his daily is a Trail Blazer SS.

Dope. I want that gray splatter M hoodie. 3am est will def miss. Hopefully resale isn’t too bad. :lol:

True def comes down to what someone wants to pay to bring it back. Anything to increase them hourly rates lol. Tolls are expensive. I've read the Verrazano's bridge here in NY is the most expensive bridge crossing in all of U.S.- $19. If you're a resident of Staten Island you get a discount. Goddamn $34.50? :wow: but for 10 miles I guess it kind of makes sense. I've also read FL has the most tolled roads. My neighbor has a lot of family in FL & he said you can't drive more than 5 mins on FL highways without hitting a toll. They're much cheaper tolls like 10cents here another 5cents there but he's got family spread-out from North to South of FL & he says his pockets bleed on tolls alone when he's down there.
Florida really gets you to, because they have something called the SunPass that car rentals suggest you get when renting a car. The SunPass allows you to basically keep driving in the middle 3 lanes, as opposed to diverting off and paying the toll each time. Unless you been to Florida you kind of think they are trying to get more money from you, but it is worth it in the long run. I have a SunPass now for when we make trips down to Florida. Tolls are not really expensive in Florida just numerous of them.

NP.

I'm not going to pretend to know when exactly we'll see pricing come down or even correct, because no one really can. Not even the industry experts who get paid a lot of money to be even remotely correct can tell you for sure.

The best thing you can do is assess what the pricing trends look like quarter over quarter and then do a comp of 1 YTD analysis to understand if something new has normalized, or if we're getting close to a correction.

That's really the best we can do right now.

So many factors causing this inflated market. I think another thing to consider is the market's accelerated transition to EV as well as the lack of excitement with news cars on the horizon. A lot of us petrol heads know full gasoline cars are going to go away forever. In addition, a lot of brand's upcoming line up doesn't have that same type of excitement as years past. I've heard a lot of people say "I better try and scoop up blah blah blah before it's gone forever". I think a lot of car enthusiasts are realizing full ICE are at the end of their life and those true collectible cars will be difficult to find. I'm sure the m

Last edited:
So many factors causing this inflated market. I think another thing to consider is the market's accelerated transition to EV as well as the lack of excitement with news cars on the horizon. A lot of us petrol heads know full gasoline cars are going to go away forever. In addition, a lot of brand's upcoming line up doesn't have that same type of excitement as years past. I've heard a lot of people say "I better try and scoop up blah blah blah before it's gone forever". I think a lot of car enthusiasts are realizing full ICE are at the end of their life and those true collectible cars will be difficult to find.

This is a valid point, but unfortunately, the total volume of participants in this group segmentation is a fraction of the total volume.

It's not nearly enough to sway or effect inflationary pricing events. The urgency to scoop up an ICE vehicle won't really begin to take off until at least 2028 when most places are trying to be carbon neutral by 2030.

Actually, now would probably be an excellent time to buy an ICE high performance car. Value could skyrocket soon.

how many dudes driving kias gon buy these

or dudes driving leased 3 series. FOH

car "gear" has always been super corny

I see nothing wrong with car gear except the idea of the first notion you have. I liked the Kith BMW stuff that came out last year but I dont drive a Bimmer so no go for me. Whats wrong with leasing a 3 series? Are you supposed to be in a paid off M4 or a pristine e46 to be allowed to get gear like this? :lol:

Porsche Design by Carrera Sunglasses always confused me & I wondered if I shouldn't wear them cause I drive a Honda Accord. then there is other Porsche Design sportswear/apparel such as sneakers...

I'm guilty of wearing car gear :lol:
Got a couple LSX sweaters or SS hats ect
Even got some key chains and posters :ohwell:

Gotta rock the goatee and sunglasses with that outfit YEEHAW :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 10.16.08 AM.png

Porsche Design by Carrera Sunglasses always confused me & I wondered if I shouldn't wear them cause I drive a Honda Accord. then there is other Porsche Design sportswear/apparel such as sneakers...

Doesn't matter at all. Wear what you are a fan of. People wear jerseys of their favorite player/team and they don't play or work for them. I always wear automotive clothing. Blipshift shirts are a SERIOUS addiction for me. Plenty of t's of certain cars I am a fan of and I don't own any of them. When I was selling Fords I always wore a hat every day and it was usually a Ford GT hat. It's my dream car, so I wear one.

With the weather changing, I've been wearing my Automobili Lamborghini zipup sweatshirt. It's blue (my favorite color) and it's warm. And if anyone asks if I own one, I tell them no, then they ask why I'm wearing it, I say my wife owns one. Most don't believe me when I say that & I don't care. I know what's in the garage.

Heck my wife got asked at the first Cars & Coffee this past April when she brought it out the first time and "unveiled it" to others. Place was packed and this goofball looked at her, saw her jacket (Squadra Corsa Lamborghini team jacket) and said with an attitude "You have a Lamborghini?" with the tone being condescending like why are you wearing that, you don't own one. WTH? Didn't know the fashion police was out! The look on his face when she said, "Yes, the yellow Gallardo LP out front" was priceless! Like deer in headlights stunned! LOVE IT!!

Moral of the story? Wear what you want! Forget whatever anyone says.

I had a vintage shelby cobra jacket

never had a ford

have a vintage mobile 1 racing hat,wouldn’t mind having that vintage malboro racing snapback or a bmw racing winbreaker

was so close to buying a porsche/martini & rossi bubble coat .

cook n let cook fellas

I had a vintage shelby cobra jacket

never had a ford

have a vintage mobile 1 racing hat,wouldn’t mind having that vintage malboro racing snapback or a bmw racing winbreaker

was so close to buying a porsche/martini & rossi bubble coat .

cook n let cook fellas

Ooh, you still have that Cobra jacket? Any chance of seeing a pic of it? 🙏🙏

You should have grabbed that Martini jacket. Totally vintage stuff and everyone would be asking you about it at local car meets!

Ooh, you still have that Cobra jacket? Any chance of seeing a pic of it? 🙏🙏

You should have grabbed that Martini jacket. Totally vintage stuff and everyone would be asking you about it at local car meets!
sadly i dont,my pops moved my stuff from a storage unit and threw it out .

And they wanted 390$ for the porsche one. For the price it wasnt worth it if you wanted to be warm :lol:

^
They're targeting lower income households, but then there's this part:

The BAAQMD said the average Clean Cars for All vehicle costs $28,000, and the average incentive the group hands out is $8500.

So someone that's already struggling to get by is supposed to take on 20K in unnecessary debt? Makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom