\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I made an appointment to go get a bolt euv for my parents on that Friday morning for Saturday. Later Friday the recall and stop sale came out. :lol: scumbag dealers still tried to sell me one even though I told them that they can’t, eventually they agreed with me. :lol: it’s a shame too because I think they were decent (fires aside) EVs for the price. They ended up ordering an Id.4 instead.
Eventually they agreed? TF? That is very ballsy of them to try and push a car onto you that's in recall, wow just wow. Report their ***** asses

Eventually they agreed? TF? That is very ballsy of them to try and push a car onto you that's in recall, wow just wow. Report their ***** asses
Eh I don’t care that much tbh. It’s about what I expect from a Chevy salesman/dealer. I just assume anytime a car salesman’s mouth is moving they are lying.

Eh I don’t care that much tbh. It’s about what I expect from a Chevy salesman/dealer. I just assume anytime a car salesman’s mouth is moving they are lying.
Yeah most def agree. They're mostly liars tryna make a sale but knowingly & willingly selling a product that's being recalled to a potential customer is bad business man. They can endanger & involuntarily kill someone selling a car with the Bolts issues. Don't give them a penny of your hardearned $

Yeah most def agree. They're mostly liars tryna make a sale but knowingly & willingly selling a product that's being recalled to a potential customer is bad business man. They can endanger & involuntarily kill someone selling a car with the Bolts issues. Don't give them a penny of your hardearned $
I actually did make a comment on the bolt subreddit *****ing about the dealer at the time. I got a message from someone who claimed they worked for gm corporate and asked for dealer and salesman names. Idk if it was legit or not, but wouldn’t be surprised if they had people monitoring that kind of stuff when the recalls came down? Idk why someone would lie about that but who knows. :lol:

I actually did make a comment on the bolt subreddit *****ing about the dealer at the time. I got a message from someone who claimed they worked for gm corporate and asked for dealer and salesman names. Idk if it was legit or not, but wouldn’t be surprised if they had people monitoring that kind of stuff when the recalls came down? Idk why someone would lie about that but who knows. :lol:
Good you did that. It'll only help people in choosing a good honest dealer. I'm sure they're being monitored & I hope they are & get fined big time for their nonsense. Hope that GM corporate person airs em out. They're straight up scums for doing business like this. It's all about the Benjamins...peoples lives, well-being & safety don't mean **** :smh: as long as their pockets get filled with the green that's all that matters.

Good you did that. It'll only help people in choosing a good honest dealer. I'm sure they're being monitored & I hope they are & get fined big time for their nonsense. Hope that GM corporate person airs em out. They're straight up scums for doing business like this. It's all about the Benjamins...peoples lives, well-being & safety don't mean **** :smh: as long as their pockets get filled with the green that's all that matters.
Yeah it is ****ed up. If I wasn’t involved and it was my parents then they coulda def taken advantage of them. But I think ultimately no matter what they said, even if they tried to sell me one and I agreed it probably would have been blocked at some point during the transaction.

Yeah it is ****ed up. If I wasn’t involved and it was my parents then they coulda def taken advantage of them. But I think ultimately no matter what they said, even if they tried to sell me one and I agreed it probably would have been blocked at some point during the transaction.
That's what I was going to say, good you're street smart & can't be taken for a sucker. Idk what I would do if someone took advantage of my parents period but it would be pretty painful for the moron who tried. Through their deceitful ways & coniving talk they can convince an innocent person to get that car, which is scary. Plenty of gullible & innocent easy natured folks out there. I hope it's true that it would get blocked at some point given it's a recalled automobile but you just never know the extent dealerships are willing to go, what rules they'll break & how much power they have on the inside & with the higher-ups

I can 99% guarantee that the person on that Reddit board was legit from GM corporate! All the manufacturers have employees who's sole job is to browse and stroll around different auto forum and discussion boards, looking for anything out of the ordinary. From posts about upcoming unreleased products that somehow info got leaked (and find out who did it) to service issues that shouldn't be, they look for EVERYTHING.

Being I was in auto sales for over 23 years, I know what goes on. I was one of the small few who actually cared for my customers and made sure they got what they wanted. I've actually told people who come in looking for a car, and they show me their trade (it's a paid off nice reliable car) but want to get the most expensive new thing, I honestly tell them to hold off (done it a few times with some younger buyers). I had a conscious.

While I don't miss the BS behind the scenes, and the hours, I do miss my good customers who I sold several times over the years. Some of my customers saw me as a 20 year old kid and eventually coming back when I was in the early 40s. I had lots of customers who would check in on me and see how my health was doing. I miss that. Good people.

I would send that person who contacted you the info they need. Only so they will get reprimanded so they can't do it again (because if they tried once they will try again and the next person won't know about the recall and get stuck). Dealership deserves it.

I can 99% guarantee that the person on that Reddit board was legit from GM corporate! All the manufacturers have employees who's sole job is to browse and stroll around different auto forum and discussion boards, looking for anything out of the ordinary. From posts about upcoming unreleased products that somehow info got leaked (and find out who did it) to service issues that shouldn't be, they look for EVERYTHING.

Being I was in auto sales for over 23 years, I know what goes on. I was one of the small few who actually cared for my customers and made sure they got what they wanted. I've actually told people who come in looking for a car, and they show me their trade (it's a paid off nice reliable car) but want to get the most expensive new thing, I honestly tell them to hold off (done it a few times with some younger buyers). I had a conscious.

While I don't miss the BS behind the scenes, and the hours, I do miss my good customers who I sold several times over the years. Some of my customers saw me as a 20 year old kid and eventually coming back when I was in the early 40s. I had lots of customers who would check in on me and see how my health was doing. I miss that. Good people.

I would send that person who contacted you the info they need. Only so they will get reprimanded so they can't do it again (because if they tried once they will try again and the next person won't know about the recall and get stuck). Dealership deserves it.
This was a few months ago now, and I did send him all the info.

yeah I’ve had some good salesman that I think generally cared about clients, but they are definitely the exception.

This was a few months ago now, and I did send him all the info.

yeah I’ve had some good salesman that I think generally cared about clients, but they are definitely the exception.

Great that you filled them in.

And yeah, good salespeople, we are a dying breed and very few and far between. It's why I loathe it when someone lumps their bad salesperson in and say all salespeople in the auto business are worthless. I read any comments like that and say in my head, "don't lump me in with those bad ones.

michael ballack michael ballack Here's that maroon older BMW i mentioned few days ago, caught it parked up earlier today. What do you think?
20211112_114602.jpg
20211112_114543.jpg
20211112_114527.jpg

michael ballack michael ballack Here's that maroon older BMW i mentioned few days ago, caught it parked up earlier today. What do you think?
20211112_114602.jpg
20211112_114543.jpg
20211112_114527.jpg

Love it. That's the Royal Red metallic. Car is of course an E39 5 series, facelift model and no sports package. Not sure if it's a straight six or V8 though since he debadged it. Super nice color that you hardly see. What's cool is that it was offered on some of the regular 5 series, but was also an M5 color as well.

Love it. That's the Royal Red metallic. Car is of course an E39 5 series, facelift model and no sports package. Not sure if it's a straight six or V8 though since he debadged it. Super nice color that you hardly see. What's cool is that it was offered on some of the regular 5 series, but was also an M5 color as well.
That's interesting because there's nothing red about the color lol, if not maroon than burgundy crimson-ish I'd say. Ahh 5 series is what it is, thanks I was wondering what it was. I believe the owner once told me it was a V6 if I'm not mistaken. Agreed it is def a super cool color & hardly seen. Did you see the pics of the abandoned Z4 I posted few pages back? Is that a rare Beemer?

That's interesting because there's nothing red about the color lol, if not maroon than burgundy crimson-ish I'd say. Ahh 5 series is what it is, thanks I was wondering what it was. I believe the owner once told me it was a V6 if I'm not mistaken. Agreed it is def a super cool color & hardly seen. Did you see the pics of the abandoned Z4 I posted few pages back? Is that a rare Beemer?

Loll agreed, some of the color names are a little odd. Mine is Orient blue metallic. Not sure what a dark blue color has to do with the Orient lol.

Straight six not V6 :tongue: BMW Straight six is probably my favorite engine...They are reliable, easy to work on, and are a lot of fun. I honestly would trade my V8 for one...The V8 is great, but it's definitely a much more complicated engine than any of the straight 6s. If you can find a straight six 5 series with sports package, low miles, and a manual transmission that is a gem of a car. They have been going for a lot of money these days.

Oh yeah I forgot to respond about the Z4. That's not too rare or in demand at the moment. The Z4 like the Z3 didn't get too much love, it was kind of all seen as a "girly" car, like the Miata. But as I'm sure you know the Miata is a blast to drive...If anyone tells me Miatas are crap I usually can't take their opinion too seriously. The Z4 had a straight six as well and if specced right they were a lot of fun. The Z4 M Roadster and M Coupes are starting to become appreciated now though.

Straight 6, has the base front clip 🤙

Has anybody actually sold their car recently?

I’m trying to figure out if these KBB values are accurate. I just looked up my 2015 300 and according to KBB it’s worth MORE than what I paid 4.5 years ago, which obviously is mind boggling :lol:

Has anybody actually sold their car recently?

I’m trying to figure out if these KBB values are accurate. I just looked up my 2015 300 and according to KBB it’s worth MORE than what I paid 4.5 years ago, which obviously is mind boggling :lol:
That's accurate given the chip shortage. Used cars are in big demand right now. I forgot the username but someone here had a Rav4 & they got more money reselling it than they initially bought it for. They posted about it few pages back. You selling the 300? Is it the one with the 5.7?

That's accurate given the chip shortage. Used cars are in big demand right now. I forgot the username but someone here had a Rav4 & they got more money reselling it than they initially bought it for. They posted about it few pages back. You selling the 300? Is it the one with the 5.7?

Interesting…

Nah, it ain’t the 5.7 :lol: I was a broke boi back when I bought it in 2017 so I just got the V6. It’s a former dealer loaner car, so I got it for a steal (21k, and only 6500 miles). I wasn’t even considering selling it untilI saw how inflated the KBB value was.

Interesting…

Nah, it ain’t the 5.7 :lol: I was a broke boi back when I bought it in 2017 so I just got the V6. It’s a former dealer loaner car, so I got it for a steal (21k, and only 6500 miles). I wasn’t even considering selling it untilI saw how inflated the KBB value was.
It's all good man. The V6 are no slouch either. How much is KBB listing it for & how many miles do you have on it now? You can flip it & get something nicer if you want...now is the time to do that while it's still a sellers market

Loll agreed, some of the color names are a little odd. Mine is Orient blue metallic. Not sure what a dark blue color has to do with the Orient lol.

Straight six not V6 :tongue: BMW Straight six is probably my favorite engine...They are reliable, easy to work on, and are a lot of fun. I honestly would trade my V8 for one...The V8 is great, but it's definitely a much more complicated engine than any of the straight 6s. If you can find a straight six 5 series with sports package, low miles, and a manual transmission that is a gem of a car. They have been going for a lot of money these days.

Oh yeah I forgot to respond about the Z4. That's not too rare or in demand at the moment. The Z4 like the Z3 didn't get too much love, it was kind of all seen as a "girly" car, like the Miata. But as I'm sure you know the Miata is a blast to drive...If anyone tells me Miatas are crap I usually can't take their opinion too seriously. The Z4 had a straight six as well and if specced right they were a lot of fun. The Z4 M Roadster and M Coupes are starting to become appreciated now though.
Orient is more on the darker subtle side of blue. What's the difference between a straight 6 & V6? Engines in general now are way more complicated than the past...a product of engineering evolution I'd say. What does a 5 series go for now with the specs you mentioned?

I can see why the Z3 & Z4 were looked as a girly car but they look so fun to drive. Super light on their feet & nimble as hell. That's a big stigma with the Miata too. Miata just may be the most recognized tuner car the world over. A lot of people like you said say it's a crappy car & underpowered. But anyone who thinks you need a lot of hp to have fun behind the wheel doesn't know what they're talking about. A Miata on a canyon drive top down- sounds like a awesome time to me. I love driving my Maxima which has only like 130whp on the Taconic State Parkway. It's been rated NY states most dangerous road but I have a blast on it. It has constant elevation changes from high to low back to high & hairpin turns throughout. At one point it narrows into 2 really narrow lanes with no shoulder so the margin-of-error is slim to none. And since it cuts through the country you gotta keep your eyes peeled for deer & racoons. One time while I was driving on it traffic came to a stand still because a flock of big *** vultures were crossing :lol: I be whipping my Maxima on it lol because the deeper you drive on it the more rural it gets with little to no traffic around you.

It's all good man. The V6 are no slouch either. How much is KBB listing it for & how many miles do you have on it now? You can flip it & get something nicer if you want...now is the time to do that while it's still a sellers market

KBB is $21.5-$24K. Only has 42K miles so that’s probably why.

Trying to figure out what I would actually want though. Thought about a Hemi Grand Cherokee but gas prices have killed that idea :lol:

KBB is $21.5-$24K. Only has 42K miles so that’s probably why.

Trying to figure out what I would actually want though. Thought about a Hemi Grand Cherokee but gas prices have killed that idea :lol:
Lol yeah don't daily a V8 right now- them gas prices aren't coming down anytime soon. What about the non-hemi Grand Cherokee?

Back
Top Bottom