\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Show how trash the front is though.
I was trying not to but fine since you asked, here's the front
Screenshot_20211128-114334_Chrome.jpg

I’m debating epoxy vs. Swisstrax for my garage. Yours looks good

Really happy with the epoxy so far. Has only been about three weeks but stays pretty clean. Opted for that over Swisstrax because I was worried about dust and moisture. Can’t see in the picture but I also installed a commercial rubber baseboard around perimeter. Relatively cheap and gives it a clean, finished look.

I’m debating epoxy vs. Swisstrax for my garage. Yours looks good

I had this debate when my wife & I bought out townhouse. It was a home that once built was purchased but the owner never moved in. Just held onto it and it sat empty for 6 years. Basically a brand new home. It's a 3-floor slab (no basement). So the garage is a nice 2-car concrete floor. Thought of epoxy but the steps to do it right were not my idea of fun. Diamond grind, acid etch, runoff of the acid, with pets being walked along the shared alley, didn't make me positive. So I went this way:
IMG_20130810_182939.jpg
see
IMG_20130818_193320.jpg
IMG_20130818_193849.jpg

I went with Race Deck flooring. This is the diamond plate style solid tile. Did this back in August 2013 and it's been worry free and fantastic. One of the best things we did to the house once we bought it and started adding our touches to it.

Went with Race Deck vs others (and I was thinking about Swiss Trax as well) but ultimately went with RD for a few reasons.

1st was the discount they offer for being a forum member of Garagejournal.com. those boxes I got was under $900 shipped and my garage is 22L x 18.5W (almost 19) at the most narrow point. Two cars easily fit.

Their CS is superb. I messed a few tiles up when I cut then to finish the one side and they sent me what I needed for no charge.

And their tiles are 12"x12". The swiss Trax is 15.5x15.5. This throws off easy calculations and they are a lot more money per tile. Don't get me wrong, ST looks awesome, but I didn't want to spend a fortune for it. Just wanted to get rid of the concrete look, make the garage warmer (having tiles on top does make the garage much warmer in the winter since the bare concrete isn't exposed).

Overall, I've been thrilled with mine. When I first started looking, wasn't sure what design to do. Checkered flag look is played out & white tile gets filthy. After printing out the blank design sheets, and stumped what to do, my wife came up with the gulf Racing stripes. She knows it's my favorite livery, and once I got online and saw they offered both an royal blue AND orange, and I put it with a grey floor, I was sold. Love the look of it. Eventually will paint the stripes up the wall and add a Gulf logo. Still love how well it's held up.

Any questions on tile floors bud, feel free to ask. 👍

okay i think i'm in love :wow:

One of my favorites "affordable" Ferraris (and I mean that isn't a million dollar type). One of these showed up at the father's day cars & coffee at the local hotel and it was STUNNING (and for sale)!!!!
PXL_20210620_122427637.jpg

Such an amazing car. Stripped out interior (no carpet and you can see the seams where the carbon is bonded together). Amazing!!

So this is what adding extra oil to your car does lol. Thing sounds pist off 😤. Lately I've been craving to test drive an AMG any AMG. Feel & experience that German muscle firsthand with them gorgeous interiors :pimp:

ok NT for those of you that park outside, do you guys/gals use an outdoor car cover?

which brand/model do you use?
My brother got one from Walmart for $35 but I'll be honest it's pretty wack. He tugged on the sideview mirror pocket by mistake & it ripped. Happened the day he bought it lol. He also said carcovers.com have really good ones & they cost much more so check that out.

Back
Top Bottom