\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yeah XR+ is the best film on the market, except maybe Spectra but no one really carries that in the states.

It’s hard to justify spending the extra money if you don’t care about heat or IR rejection. Most people just want the looks for tint and then yeah, 200 dollar tint is fine.

I have ****ty carbon tint on my bolt and it sucks. I have 3M crystalline tint on my targa that the previous owner installed and it also blows.

I have standard Xpel XR on my Model X and the clarity/heat rejection are amazing. The XR+ on my 3 is even better

The reason why the model 3 is 900 though is because the rear windshield goes to the front seats.

But again, if you just get tint for privacy, none of this applies to you.

Yeah XR+ is the best film on the market, except maybe Spectra but no one really carries that in the states.

It’s hard to justify spending the extra money if you don’t care about heat or IR rejection. Most people just want the looks for tint and then yeah, 200 dollar tint is fine.

I have ****ty carbon tint on my bolt and it sucks. I have 3M crystalline tint on my targa that the previous owner installed and it also blows.

I have standard Xpel XR on my Model X and the clarity/heat rejection are amazing. The XR+ on my 3 is even better

The reason why the model 3 is 900 though is because the rear windshield goes to the front seats.

I get it but is heat that much of an issue? Turn the AC up, lower the windows blah blah you know. I just dont see how heat and IR rays justify THAT much of a price difference when the problems they solve are…that. Youre in LA no?

I get it but is heat that much of an issue? Turn the AC up, lower the windows blah blah you know. I just dont see how heat and IR rays justify THAT much of a price difference when the problems they solve are…that. Youre in LA no?

Yeah I’m in LA, and this car will be outside forever.

the cheapest price I got was 500 from one of those car audio / window tint shops who’s main business is Installing subwoofers and remote start kits :lol: That price was for solargard (junk) carbon tint and llumar ceramic windshield.
Compared to other model 3 owners I paid less than most for the same brand of tint, some people dropped like 1200 for XR+.

So yeah, I mean I guess there is a point of diminishing returns, especially something like tint that you can’t take off and resell.

If I didn’t have such a bad experience with my bolt tint I probably never would’ve paid up for what I have. On my bolt the drivers side is brown hue and the passenger is blueish.

The XPEL product is so good that you don’t really even need to wait for the adhesive to cure. The shop owner told me I can use my windows pretty much immediately.

Yeah I’m in LA, and this car will be outside forever.

the cheapest price I got was 500 from one of those car audio / window tint shops who’s main business is Installing subwoofers and remote start kits :lol: That price was for solargard (junk) carbon tint and llumar ceramic windshield.
Compared to other model 3 owners I paid less than most for the same brand of tint, some people dropped like 1200 for XR+.

So yeah, I mean I guess there is a point of diminishing returns, especially something like tint that you can’t take off and resell.

If I didn’t have such a bad experience with my bolt tint I probably never would’ve paid up for what I have. On my bolt the drivers side is brown hue and the passenger is blueish.

The XPEL product is so good that you don’t really even need to wait for the adhesive to cure. The shop owner told me I can use my windows pretty much immediately.

Maybe its just wild to me cause ive never had bad heat issues here in NYC. Even in the summer leaving your car out, id just crack the windows open after turning the car on and id be straight after a bit. How good actually is heat rejection in a scenario like that? Is the car relatively cool after baking all afternoon in the sun on a hot day? The heat doesnt bother me so much, mostly the leather or when I had my old Si I had a metal type shift knob that I could NOT touch cause it was so hot being in the sun. Would have to shift with something over it. :lol:

guys urgent advice

i found a 2017 raptor with 45k miles the dude only asking 55k

i'm very skeptical of the deal dude seems legit tho
Good deal, and the only thing to look out for is the cam phaser issue. It’s more common on 2017-2018 than on the 2019+. I believe there is a service bulletin for them but I’m not sure. I’d look into it if it’s out of warranty. Fully loaded supercrew?

Has heated cooled seats steering wheel and double moonroof im guessing thats fully loaded?

I like the blue cuz I think with some bronze/gold wheels it will be beautiful

Got my wheels and H&R springs installed. My friend scooped me a beat up set of performance 20s from OfferUp in San Diego for 720 bucks. Had them refinished and powdercoated satin gray with some fresh Michelins.

XPEL XR+ 15% tint on all windows 70% windshield.
Most expensive tint job ever, cost me 900. More than my damn rims man, I can’t believe it. I shopped around for a week looking for the best price.

Chrome delete on Monday. Going step by step, fun process.

37A8217E-7210-4F14-B389-98AB284294C9.jpeg
hate the model 3 but glad u upgraded the rims, those weird monoblock or whatever weheels on teslas look like salad tossers

I gotta ask. Whats the purpose of the Bolt now that you have a model 3?

Maybe its just wild to me cause ive never had bad heat issues here in NYC. Even in the summer leaving your car out, id just crack the windows open after turning the car on and id be straight after a bit. How good actually is heat rejection in a scenario like that? Is the car relatively cool after baking all afternoon in the sun on a hot day? The heat doesnt bother me so much, mostly the leather or when I had my old Si I had a metal type shift knob that I could NOT touch cause it was so hot being in the sun. Would have to shift with something over it. :lol:

I am pretty sure the car will still get hot inside if you leave it long enough. It slows the penetration time (pause).

XPEL has a demonstrator with a heat light that shows the difference at their authorized shops. It’s pretty nuts.

I gotta ask. Whats the purpose of the Bolt now that you have a model 3?

That car is a gold mine. Chevrolet is replacing it with a Silverado 1500 LTD Custom, because they have a similar MSRP and my bolts a lemon.

However I got my Bolt for 22k off or something, so once I get the Silverado I can flip for a 15k+ profit.

I am hiding the bolt now, I don’t want anything happening to it until the swap is complete.

Has heated cooled seats steering wheel and double moonroof im guessing thats fully loaded?

I like the blue cuz I think with some bronze/gold wheels it will be beautiful
That truck has
$1000 Inter cooler upgrade
$2000 worth of Baja design Lights
$3000ish bumpers
$1000 tuner/tune
Extended warranty
Plus the wheels, tires, leveling kit
And all the stock parts.

Idk seems almost too good to be true. Dude could sell off the parts in less than a week and still get $55k for a stock 2017

Them $900 tints aint $700 better than your standard $200 tints. :sick:
Yeah $900 is crazy but I have a family member who own a Tesla and the taxing they do for Tesla owners on anything is crazy. My brother in law need to replace his windshield and they want 1k for that job :sick:, without glass coverage. They catching a come up on these Tesla owners sadly.

That truck has
$1000 Inter cooler upgrade
$2000 worth of Baja design Lights
$3000ish bumpers
$1000 tuner/tune
Extended warranty
Plus the wheels, tires, leveling kit
And all the stock parts.

Idk seems almost too good to be true. Dude could sell off the parts in less than a week and still get $55k for a stock 2017

Lmao dude that’s exactly what I’m thinking!!

Yeah the baja designs stuff is pricy I bought one headlight for my moto at like $450 (xl80)
929288FF-14DA-4060-AFB3-6AEBBBB07AA4.jpeg

Got my wheels and H&R springs installed. My friend scooped me a beat up set of performance 20s from OfferUp in San Diego for 720 bucks. Had them refinished and powdercoated satin gray with some fresh Michelins.

XPEL XR+ 15% tint on all windows 70% windshield.
Most expensive tint job ever, cost me 900. More than my damn rims man, I can’t believe it. I shopped around for a week looking for the best price.

Chrome delete on Monday. Going step by step, fun process.

37A8217E-7210-4F14-B389-98AB284294C9.jpeg
Is this type of garage door see through from the inside?

Back
Top Bottom