\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So I saw a post from a friend of mine on Instagram a few days ago of a car and I HAD to shoot down to the dealer nearby to see.....THIS
PXL_20220303_202722899.jpg
PXL_20220303_202758470.jpg
PXL_20220303_202835600.MP.jpg
PXL_20220303_203036984.MP.jpg
PXL_20220303_203315131.jpg
PXL_20220303_203222040.jpg
PXL_20220303_203352758.MP.jpg

Euro-spec Ferrari F40!! INCREDIBLE!!! My favorite modern Ferrari that is anything past 1980. It's actually very small in person but extremely wide and low (and there is no front lift on these) It's not for sale, as I believe it was bought from Joe Macari in the UK and shipped to Ferrari Philadelphia (formerly Algar). Such an amazing car and worth the drive down to see it.

Oh, and they had this as well 😳
PXL_20220303_203544146.jpg
PXL_20220303_203904779.jpg
PXL_20220303_203954512.jpg

1967 Ferrari 275 GTS/4 NART Spyder! 1 of 10 made! 😳😳😳😳 One of the 10 was used in the original Thomas Crown Affair with Steve McQueen (which Steve eventually bought one back then). Absolutely stunning!!! 👍👍

We’re likely going to test drive the M but honestly for us, and specifically my wife, it’s probably too powerful for her as a daily and the range is more important. I heard the same as you, we have a couple things we may tweak or add but have some time.

Next question is do we lease or buy. We’ve never leased but it’s the first generation and electric so we’re slightly more open to a lease.
Your wife planning to do launches at the stop light? :lol: From what I understand you don’t get the full M experience/500+ hp unless you are in Sport Boost mode for 10 secs at a time. I’m not a speed freak, just wanted AWD for weather.

Depends on your driving habits but I got over the range anxiety after realizing 99% of my daily trips don’t come close to 100 miles. Even the occasional drive to and from the mountains should be doable on a single charge with plenty of charging stations on the route. Added bonus of BMW offering 2 years of free 30-min fast charging at Electrify America stations. And my electric company provides a $500 rebate on Level 2 charger home installations. Definitely look into that if you haven’t.

I think I’ll be buying this time around to have more flexibility if I did want to sell. Warranty terms should still be the same and lease quotes I got aren’t that much cheaper than financing. Also buying ensures I get the full Fed tax credit instead of relying on the dealer to work it into the lease terms. Looking at 10k in Fed and state tax credits that would cover quite a few payments.

So I saw a post from a friend of mine on Instagram a few days ago of a car and I HAD to shoot down to the dealer nearby to see.....THIS

Euro-spec Ferrari F40!! INCREDIBLE!!! My favorite modern Ferrari that is anything past 1980. It's actually very small in person but extremely wide and low (and there is no front lift on these) It's not for sale, as I believe it was bought from Joe Macari in the UK and shipped to Ferrari Philadelphia (formerly Algar). Such an amazing car and worth the drive down to see it.

1967 Ferrari 275 GTS/4 NART Spyder! 1 of 10 made! 😳😳😳😳 One of the 10 was used in the original Thomas Crown Affair with Steve McQueen (which Steve eventually bought one back then). Absolutely stunning!!! 👍👍
saw a dude and his daughter driving an f40 on sunset a while ago. its absolutely gorgeous in person

saw a dude and his daughter driving an f40 on sunset a while ago. its absolutely gorgeous in person

It's so surreal to see one in the metal. I pick this as my favorite modern Ferrari past 1980 as it was the very 1st 1:18 scale diecast I got as a kid. The red Bburago that opened up fully. I would polish it weekly when I was a kid. Loved that model. To see one up close like this hasn't happened in many years. The people there were VERY friendly and let photos be taken. It's under new ownership (it's RDS now, who own McLaren Philly, Lambo Philly, Greenwich & Newport Beach, among others super high end). They are all wonderful places to stop in.

Teslas in LA don't stand out at all. That's why there's so many wrapped ones in general I think. Also debated wrapping my 3 but felt that it just looked too clean in black.

IMG_6173.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg
Nice, was yours a LR/SR or performance? I settled on grey myself, and applied a ceramic coating myself. With the right suspension mods, the Model 3 is a killer. Props to anyone who has a black car.
IMG_4655.jpg
IMG_4656.jpg

It's so surreal to see one in the metal. I pick this as my favorite modern Ferrari past 1980 as it was the very 1st 1:18 scale diecast I got as a kid. The red Bburago that opened up fully. I would polish it weekly when I was a kid. Loved that model. To see one up close like this hasn't happened in many years. The people there were VERY friendly and let photos be taken. It's under new ownership (it's RDS now, who own McLaren Philly, Lambo Philly, Greenwich & Newport Beach, among others super high end). They are all wonderful places to stop in.

You gotta post up a pic of your models if you get a chance. I have a few 1:18, some from when I was a kid, some that I've bought recently. They are mostly the cheap Maisto ones and I have a couple Bburago, but I want to get some Autoart eventually. Overall I think the Maisto ones are the best bang for your buck since Costco sells them for like $10 or $15, can't really go wrong at that price point lol. I bought a Gulf Ford GT from there in 2020, but in 2021 I didn't get a chance to buy any. When I went to my Costco late 2021 almost all the model cars were gone.

My first model car was a Ford GT90 that my uncle bought me, then I got a Ferrari F50 Bburago from my other uncle. This was back in probably 96 or 97. I still have all of them, but my older ones aren't in the best shape since I never kept them in the box and through various moves, etc they got a bit dinged up.

One of my favorite models was my orange Murcielago that I bought in like 2001 or something. It was still in great condition, but last year one of the shelves on my bookshelf collapsed and the Murc fell to the wrong and is pretty messed up now lol.

Trying to think of some that I have...

Ferrari:
F50 (Red)
F50 (Yellow)
550 Maranello (Silver)

Lambos:
Black Diablo VT
Black Gallardo Superleggera
Grey Reventon
Grey Centenarrio
Yellow Huracan
Orange Murcielago (RIP)

Have a blue Datsun 240, an orange 911 GT3RS, Gulf livery GT, silver C5 Covette, blue/white stripe Viper GTS, black Hummer H1, white GT90...Might be some others I'm forgetting. Definitely need a lot more...German cars and Japanese cars are a little harder to find in the cheaper models otherwise I'd have a ton of the 90s Japanese cars and obviously some Bimmers.

I had the same model when I was a kid. The Bburago models of that era were amazing. My favorite 80s Ferrari was the 288 GTO, (Probably because the Group B era got me into sketching cars in general) but the F40 was a killer, especially in person.

288gto-3.jpg

Dope pics. Both cars are timeless pieces of art. Is the F40 or Enzo considered to be THE Ferrari of all Ferrari's or would that be the Ferrari La Ferrari?

Dope pics. Both cars are timeless pieces of art. Is the F40 or Enzo considered to be THE Ferrari of all Ferrari's or would that be the Ferrari La Ferrari?

250 GTO or F40 would probably get picked by most people if you took a poll. Personally my favorite Ferrari is the F50.

this-factory-black-f-6_1600x0w.jpeg

Ferrari doesn't make em like this anymore...Man what a car. Chris Harris has a great video where he drives F40 and F50 back to back on the track.

250 GTO or F40 would probably get picked by most people if you took a poll. Personally my favorite Ferrari is the F50.

this-factory-black-f-6_1600x0w.jpeg

Ferrari doesn't make em like this anymore...Man what a car. Chris Harris has a great video where he drives F40 and F50 back to back on the track.

Agreed most would pick the F40. The 250 GTO is the most expensive car that's ever sold right? Hammered at a cool $70 million in 2018 at a Sotheby's auction IIRC. F50 is sexy but to me not as sexy as the F40 given the F40 has a more slanted nose which looks killer. I'm sure in-person the difference isn't that noticeable. Thanks for sharing the video- will be watching later. I believe the Ferrari Enzo makes a serious case to be The Ferrari of all Ferrari's. You ever seen the LA based highend jewellery maker David Lee's Ferrari collection? It is worth any mans envy

Ferrari Collector David Lee's $35million car collection! (Part 1) / ProducerMichael

I remember in the late 80’s seeing a red testarossa on the Golden Gate Bridge. I remember it being hella wide, and something about that car made me feel some type of way. Almost like a goosebumps-butterflies-seeing-your-crush type feeling idk. Back then my dream car was the knight rider trans am lol... Until I saw a news clip about Jose Canseco spending $300k on an f40 and driving it into his gated mansion. I think that’s where it all started for me.

I remember in the late 80’s seeing a red testarossa on the Golden Gate Bridge. I remember it being hella wide, and something about that car made me feel some type of way. Almost like a goosebumps-butterflies-seeing-your-crush type feeling idk. Back then my dream car was the knight rider trans am lol... Until I saw a news clip about Jose Canseco spending $300k on an f40 and driving it into his gated mansion. I think that’s where it all started for me.

Just gonna leave this here.

Little bizarre, no? But baddie.

You gotta post up a pic of your models if you get a chance. I have a few 1:18, some from when I was a kid, some that I've bought recently. They are mostly the cheap Maisto ones and I have a couple Bburago, but I want to get some Autoart eventually. Overall I think the Maisto ones are the best bang for your buck since Costco sells them for like $10 or $15, can't really go wrong at that price point lol. I bought a Gulf Ford GT from there in 2020, but in 2021 I didn't get a chance to buy any. When I went to my Costco late 2021 almost all the model cars were gone.

My first model car was a Ford GT90 that my uncle bought me, then I got a Ferrari F50 Bburago from my other uncle. This was back in probably 96 or 97. I still have all of them, but my older ones aren't in the best shape since I never kept them in the box and through various moves, etc they got a bit dinged up.

One of my favorite models was my orange Murcielago that I bought in like 2001 or something. It was still in great condition, but last year one of the shelves on my bookshelf collapsed and the Murc fell to the wrong and is pretty messed up now lol.

Trying to think of some that I have...

Ferrari:
F50 (Red)
F50 (Yellow)
550 Maranello (Silver)

Lambos:
Black Diablo VT
Black Gallardo Superleggera
Grey Reventon
Grey Centenarrio
Yellow Huracan
Orange Murcielago (RIP)

Have a blue Datsun 240, an orange 911 GT3RS, Gulf livery GT, silver C5 Covette, blue/white stripe Viper GTS, black Hummer H1, white GT90...Might be some others I'm forgetting. Definitely need a lot more...German cars and Japanese cars are a little harder to find in the cheaper models otherwise I'd have a ton of the 90s Japanese cars and obviously some Bimmers.

Buddy, it would take me hours and hours to take photos of all the 1:18 scale models I have amassed over the years. I probably got close to 300 of them, all in their boxes and in perfect condition! And not the low end stuff either. Original UT, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Hot Wheels Elite Ferraris, some dealer edition BMWs and Porsches. Also lots of Lamborghini and Lotus & other Porsches. It's nuts. It was when Auto Art was inexpensive for what you got ($50 a model or about that). And then we're ALL METAL! Now AA makes composite models with mostly plastic.

I've been told that the stuff I have is worth some serious coin. For example, I have the 40th Anniversary Murcielago that came with it's own display case and a 1/64 keychain. That's been in the box every since I got it in 2003 from Exoticar. Another example, the AA MB 190E 2.5 Evo II. And another, a Kyosho 250 GTO Ferrari in Red. Look on eBay for the Lamborghini. There may be ONE 1:18 scale for sale and it's usually a crazy ask (like $1,200) but with like 15 watchers, AT THAT PRICE. I even have the SLR Sterling Moss Dealer edition. Stupid limited and stupid what it's worth now. Same with the MB Evo II. Funny, I want to sell every model but a few (I'll keep a Countach and a Miura and most likely that 40th Anniversary as it's my favorite color car ever). My thinking is I put them all on eBay and have a silly starting price of like $99.99 and see what happens, I should be able to sell most of them.

I'd love to sell them all to a dealer so they can make some $$ too (as I wouldn't want top $$ for them, just a fair number. Is there anything you may be looking for? Chances are I probably have it. I know if I can sell a bunch of them, I'll have my down payment lined up for my Evora, lol! 👍👍

But I'll post a few pics later of the few I have with me (the rest are at my folks place in my old room).

I would say the F40 as it was the LAST car that was overseen by Enzo before he passed away. The car was too he culmination of everything they had done to that point. The perfect bare bones racer for the street.

Nice, was yours a LR/SR or performance? I settled on grey myself, and applied a ceramic coating myself. With the right suspension mods, the Model 3 is a killer. Props to anyone who has a black car.
IMG_4655.jpg
IMG_4656.jpg

Mine is a poverty spec SR+. Not coated, not PPF’d. Lol. I just wash every week or two with a concourse quality detailer.

The dude literally brushes out the door hinges and Q Tips the drilled brakes on my Porsche.

Got Ceramic Pro Gold package on my 911 though, and frontal XPEL PPF. It was def hard for me to splurge on all of that but it’s worth it.

I’ll either wrap or PPF the S once it’s done getting the panels adjusted by tesla. :lol:

Agreed most would pick the F40. The 250 GTO is the most expensive car that's ever sold right? Hammered at a cool $70 million in 2018 at a Sotheby's auction IIRC. F50 is sexy but to me not as sexy as the F40 given the F40 has a more slanted nose which looks killer. I'm sure in-person the difference isn't that noticeable. Thanks for sharing the video- will be watching later. I believe the Ferrari Enzo makes a serious case to be The Ferrari of all Ferrari's. You ever seen the LA based highend jewellery maker David Lee's Ferrari collection? It is worth any mans envy

Ferrari Collector David Lee's $35million car collection! (Part 1) / ProducerMichael

Here video of that 250 GTO from the auction. It did $46M.

Your not wrong on the $70M figure. There was one sold a few years ago privately (i.e. non-auction) but word got out (it always does with cars like this) and it was bought by David MacNeil for a figure that was between $70-$80 (various reports differ).

Does the name might ring a bell? He's the creator of the Weathertech floor mats. He paid what he paid for one that has an amazing history. That's the thing that distinguishes these apart from one another. Who raced it and where. Incredible.

K.I.T.T. :pimp: :pimp: Love that thing. My inspiration for blacking out my Challenger

Got this in my email from HF today, so I wanted to share/pass the info along.

They have a sale on their Portland electric pressure washer. It's $69.99! That is dirt cheap for this little wonder. I've had mine for close to 2 years and it's performed flawlessly! I've used it, probably close to 50 times at least in the last 2 years washing our cars (and cleaning off the back deck and back garage door) For the money, it's a perfect start for those who don't want to buy a gas powered one.

It's not without it's faults, but they can be EASILY fixed. The hose sucks! It's hard plastic and isn't very flexible. And the connection for that hose is a screw on. And lastly, the actual gun is so so. But I upgraded the hose from MTM Hydro with their 25' rubber one (much more flexible and longer). I got a kit that included the hose, the MTM Hydro snubnose spray gun, the extension wand, and 5 sprayer bits. I then added the MTM Hydro PF22.2 Foam Cannon. Lastly I bought a few quick connections for each end of the machine. It's now the perfect setup that I can set up and clean up in no time.

I'm sure some would just say to buy a better one with the better hose, but a Kranzle is EXPENSIVE, so this works great. And you don't need a high PSI to wash a car. Just thought I'd share a good value for anyone who wants a PW without breaking the bank. 👍

Back
Top Bottom