\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Saw this club banger in Long Island earlier today :lol:
IMG-20220515-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220515-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20220515-WA0003.jpg
Lowkey looking like a car in need for speed underground

Screenshot_20220515-150827_Spark.jpg

So looking to get a car soon. Dealership sent me this.

Of course I'm going to negotiate the price (tryna get it down to 30k)

But is there anything else on here thats a bogus fee?

I have a black check from my bank so I won't be financing through the dealership

Also how should.i respond to the dealership when trying to get it down to 30k? Lol. Any tips?
post the dealership info in here, we will all text them asking for 27k out the door to make ur 30k look like a win

Actually annoys me when they ask about monthly payments off top.

The thing with that question, is it's a two way street. I hear what your saying. But honestly, when I worked (way before pandemic pricing), you'd be shocked at how many people would come in to see a car and not know how much it would actually be a month! It would truly blow your mind.

Here's an example. Someone would come in to see a new F150 crew (and an XLT trim, which is around $51k sticker on average at the time, not even a Lariat) and want a payment in the $500-$550 a month range. I'd ask them how much down. They say something like $5K max! SERIOUSLY?!! I mean, it's not rocket science to figure out payments. This truck, with a $51K listx had about $3k in it (give or take) and less a few grand rebates. So let's say $46k. Plus tax ($2,800) and truck tags, licensing & the stupid doc $600. We're back to over $49K less the $5k. Financing $44K. For 72 months at 3% (rough average) that's almost $670 a month.

That's why we ask that question about payments. But you ask it after they first come in and you do it casually when your showing the vehicle and going over the features. This way, you learn right away if they are looking at something that is out of their budget and your not wasting their time and your time. But that is also paramount to the buyer being honest about what they can afford.

You asked it back when I worked when sitting down as the prices were usually invoice on trucks less rebates, so the prices were already out in the open (back well before the pandemic, everyone was blowing new cars out at invoice or below). So everything was pretty transparent. Not today.

"Low" Monthly payments is how they rob a lot of people. They stretch out the payments to make it seem like you're getting a deal.

Always ask for the total out the door price and never use their in house financing unless it's 0% or something lower than a traditional bank

Thanks. Read somewhere else and they said the same thing.

I'm already approved by my bank and they gave me a blank check to use so I'm good on financing through the dealer unless they give me a better rate.

Bank gave me a 3.5% apr

Lowkey looking like a car in need for speed underground
Lol so true. Reminded me of the Need For Speed: Midnight Club game instantly. Some people just don't know when to stop modding man. If he rips off that wing & ugly widebody it's still a decent ride imo.

They want you to finance through them for extra money to them.

Same with extended warranty and pre paid service etc. it’s to rope you in and make them more.
All facts! Ain't going to pretend & lie but I got got with that "extended warranty". In hindsight it was worthless because my car has very low miles & I modded the engine before the extended warranty period ends next year anyway :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. But in the moment I was far too excited about the purchase & protecting it was my thinking.

The one that's tested is the optioned out sport packages that push the tag over 50k. Easy pass imo especially knowing there's gonna be mark ups first couple years.
Sadly that’s true to, car might be 70k after mark up and extremely not worth it, at that price. I let the hype get to me and forgot about that factor lol.

C731592B-69AB-44C3-BAF8-8A9C666B8DBC.jpeg

With non sticky tires 🤔… think I should sell my Z now so I can speed up the saving

Just seen Doug’s review on YT. Car looks alot better with the revised grill and the back end is as good as advertised. Interior is a bit disappointing though, materials look cheap. Steering wheel and seats look nice but everything else, while looks nice just looks cheap. Also a lot of carry over parts (door latch, window buttons, stalks etc) which isnt a huge huge deal and nitpicking.

Overall its great, much more attractive as a whole than the Supra even with an upcoming stick. 4 second 0-60 is pretty good too.

Back
Top Bottom