\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The Emira is beautiful but I always loved the tiny Elise/Exige
EB5520BC-FE40-465B-A29A-49C708CD4543.jpeg

Everyones seen a Huracan and Gallardo, some people dont even know what a Lotus is. Its just not a common car at all. May not even be “damn this looks good what is it” it might literally just be “what is it”. :lol:

SVR is an exotic? I mean I guess it should be the same way an R8 or the new NSX is. It doesnt “look” exotic though if you get what I mean so maybe thats why im questioning it a bit.

Totally get want you mean. But I didn't say the SVR is exotic. That was just one of his rationals they don't allow the car there that time. I'm sorry I also failed to mention (it was late when I posted and I had to drive to the airport and back yesterday) that he also said she couldn't bring it in the main lot because he said "they wanted to keep the lot for cars they sell systems for". I forgot to mention that.

I questioned it as our friends in another F Type was waiting there for us (I could see him from where we were on the road) and another friend in an Elise was next to him. Plus plenty of GT350s were there as well. Lots of cars in that lot they don't make systems for. Her & I said that the dude (mid 20s) saw a woman driving a nice car when we got close to him (windshield is tinted) and he wanted to control the situation & try to use what little authority he had, I'm not kidding (I've seen it PLENTY as some guys, I said some, are misogynist and don't think women can have really nice cars).
And I don't like it when someone makes a negative comment about my wife and her love for cars (some men are insecure, I've seen it). I'll defend her every time.

I know this was his issue as I asked someone else to bring it in (lot had plenty of room left) and once he saw it he thanked us for bringing it and he loved the car and color combo (blue with red). He said his co worker, when I told him what he did, was an wrong. And I'm not the only one who doesn't like them & their attitude. Just wanted to explain that situation better.

The Emira is beautiful but I always loved the tiny Elise/Exige
EB5520BC-FE40-465B-A29A-49C708CD4543.jpeg

Early S1 Elise models are now past 25 years old and can be imported. And surprisingly, they are rather cheap over in the UK. It doesn't have the bulletproof Toyota engine (it's a Rover engine) but there's basically nothing to it, and being about 1500 lbs, it would be a fun car to have. 😊

And I LOVE the Emira!!! 🔥🔥

I was waiting for & knew you were going to hit me with a nice & informative response as always especially BMW related 👍. The twin turbos were reliable on these? Up to the older 6 series I can corrrectly recognize the model but then when it gets to i4 this ixdrive that mcomp this than I get lost, lol.

My cousin used to own a manual m3 droptop 2003 in red...made for a fun drive & that thing pulled hard! He also said after 08' he wouldn't mess with the 3 series. If I were to get a BMW of any kind it'd have to be the X6M. Thing is just gorgeous & screams performance.

I'm slowly starting to gravitate more & more towards SUVs & trucks, ngl. Driving my dads CR-V made me realize why so many people say they can't do cars anymore after getting into an SUV.
Screenshot_20220705-224359_Chrome.jpg

Earlier N54 models suffered from issues such as wastegate rattle, high pressure - fuel pump issues, water pump, etc. The N54 is a solid motor but the supporting pieces were no good. The B58 that they are currently using in the M40i's and Supra is no joke.

In terms of the interior on the E90/E92/E93 I feel its one of the better interiors in terms of quality and they dont seem outdated for being 15+ years old. Def better than the interiors on the E46/F30 3 series

Earlier N54 models suffered from issues such as wastegate rattle, high pressure - fuel pump issues, water pump, etc. The N54 is a solid motor but the supporting pieces were no good. The B58 that they are currently using in the M40i's and Supra is no joke.

In terms of the interior on the E90/E92/E93 I feel its one of the better interiors in terms of quality and they dont seem outdated for being 15+ years old. Def better than the interiors on the E46/F30 3 series

Water pump and the whole cooling system is a weak point on almost any older BMW. One of the best advice is a preemptive change of the whole cooling system.

Pretty easy jobs though.

I am all for simple interiors. The funny thing is the more simple interiors go for more money in those cars too. A few were specced without the nav screen and they are always more desired by enthusiasts.

its not a great picture…but the vehicle is a subaru baja…

its a four door, 5 speed, 4 cylinder…great on gas and super convenient/zippy…but unless your dirtbike is a 50cc, i cant imagine anything else fitting in the bed…actually my mountain bike is an XL and it fits with the front wheel hanging out and over the bed
my buddy fits two dirt bikes and a camping setup in his maverick :lol:

forsure could fit one bike in the baja
I think the smallest truck a dirt bike fits in is the maverick.

I just ride to the track in a race suit like a power ranger. F it. :lol: I need a trailer.
trailer r kinda cumbersome
Well the time I never thought would come is here( damn I’m old lol), my son turns 16 in Jan so the search for his first car has begun. Any suggestions?
i feel like a truck would be best, would want dude to be in something safe and compacts are too small

also a truck is expensive to fill up and he won't be driving around pointlessly wasting gas
30D6CA37-E577-42FB-9BC4-4D7D6717EFB8.jpeg

Still on the fence
not gunna lie, im a believer now the new front end is pretty sick

I really want one of these, my old neighbor used to drive one
1FEE3A44-6F55-4999-9269-A69E7A3A5769.jpeg

Now THAT is the car I loved growing up. My very first plastic model kit I did so well I put it in a clear case (the Tamiya kit). I would LOVE a manual one in either the green or the blue in a manual. That would be a FUN car to play with.

Getting my Model Y tinted today.

I wanted 70% windshield but the shop really talked me into getting 55%. I agreed to do it in the end, but I hope I don't have trouble driving at night. Slightly nervous about it.

Doing XPEL XR+ and from my experience it's been pretty solid in terms of clarity, but the lowest i've had is 70 up front ever on a car.

New M4 is so sick.

Would love a kith M4 just for the roof, I don't care about the seats or emblems..

BMW%20M4%20Competition%20x%20Kith-16.jpg

McLaren Philadelphia had one for sale a few months ago. Saw it at their monthly Supercars on Saturday show. Really cool car but I just hate matte colored cars.

I wanted 70% windshield but the shop really talked me into getting 55%. I agreed to do it in the end, but I hope I don't have trouble driving at night. Slightly nervous about it.

Doing XPEL XR+ and from my experience it's been pretty solid in terms of clarity, but the lowest i've had is 70 up front ever on a car.

Im washed af, as soon as dawn hits and the suns down I can't see ****. I couldn't imagine driving at night with tints.

McLaren Philadelphia had one for sale a few months ago. Saw it at their monthly Supercars on Saturday show. Really cool car but I just hate matte colored cars.

I love wrapping cars in a satin finish because I can take them through the machine wash and don't get any swirls lol. I pay a monthly 59.99 for unlimited car washes at my local place for my DD. When my Model X was satin black it came out perfect every time and I didn't worry too much about the paint underneath. I plan on wrapping my Y next week and it will likely be a matte color.

Im washed af, as soon as dawn hits and the suns down I can't see ****. I couldn't imagine driving at night with tints.

Same here, but in the end I took their word for it.

I’m looking for a spot around here to tint my truck with xpel and was thinking about doing 70% on the front too. Is xpel dumb expensive compared to regular tint?

Where do you live fam? In Colorado folks roll around with 5% tint but then again Colorado has very lenient tinting laws.

I’m looking for a spot around here to tint my truck with xpel and was thinking about doing 70% on the front too. Is xpel dumb expensive compared to regular tint?

I think tint pricing in general is a far cry from where it was 20 years ago. That being said, materials have gotten WAY better but also more expensive. 3M Crystalline was the best for many years, excluding Huper Optik which was just too expensive for anyone to actually install regularly (or for installers to carry stock for that matter).

Currently the best models of tint are XPEL Prime XR+ and Spectra Photosync.

Spectra is better than XPEL by maybe 1% but has limited shades, and even more limited availability. It's also a chinese company.

XPEL is more accessible and has installers in most states, is basically as good as Spectra and costs on average 400-500 bucks less.

XPEL XR+ is fairly close in pricing to 3M Crystalline but outperforms it in every test. I personally am just a buy once cry once type of guy. And to be honest, you probably wouldn't notice a difference between Llumar, Suntek, 3M or any other competing ceramic tint brand in day to day use.

But it's just nice to know you have the best stuff. Especially when i'll be parking this car outside 24/7.

For the record I am paying $750 for my Model Y for 360 degree tint excluding sunroof which is a GOOD deal. For reference, my model 3 was 900, X was 1000, and 911 was 475.

I think tint pricing in general is a far cry from where it was 20 years ago. That being said, materials have gotten WAY better but also more expensive. 3M Crystalline was the best for many years, excluding Huper Optik which was just too expensive for anyone to actually install regularly (or for installers to carry stock for that matter).

Currently the best models of tint are XPEL Prime XR+ and Spectra Photosync.

Spectra is better than XPEL by maybe 1% but has limited shades, and even more limited availability. It's also a chinese company.

XPEL is more accessible and has installers in most states, is basically as good as Spectra and costs on average 400-500 bucks less.

XPEL XR+ is fairly close in pricing to 3M Crystalline but outperforms it in every test. I personally am just a buy once cry once type of guy. And to be honest, you probably wouldn't notice a difference between Llumar, Suntek, 3M or any other competing ceramic tint brand in day to day use.

But it's just nice to know you have the best stuff. Especially when i'll be parking this car outside 24/7.

For the record I am paying $750 for my Model Y for 360 degree tint excluding sunroof which is a GOOD deal. For reference, my model 3 was 900, X was 1000, and 911 was 475.
I have regular ceramic tint on my Tesla and the back half is dark af so it stays pretty cool especially with white seats. The raptor is a pretty big green house and it takes the AC some time to do it’s thing so I’m thinking spending a little more for the XR+ is a good idea.

Where do you live fam? In Colorado folks roll around with 5% tint but then again Colorado has very lenient tinting laws.
SoCal. I have only ever gotten a tint ticket once. It’s an unspoken thing that cops don’t enforce tint laws. Especially on more premium vehicles.

Now if you get pulled over in a loud *** G37 with limo tint you’re done for.

I have regular ceramic tint on my Tesla and the back half is dark af so it stays pretty cool especially with white seats. The raptor is a pretty big green house and it takes the AC some time to do it’s thing so I’m thinking spending a little more for the XR+ is a good idea.

I think there’s really no substitute for remote start. The tint will help but if you are parked outside long enough it will get hot in there.

What % on your Tesla??

I just be getting the $150-$200 tint from these Bronx shops. :lol:

Ngl, dont even get tints for any other reason than a little more privacy and it looks good. So as long as its a good tint job, that's it for me. Dont need the fancy stuff, though I do understand why some people want it.

Back
Top Bottom