\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Not sure how I feel about this Dodge EV. I think the current generation looks a million time better. Sounded kinda dope but don’t know if it’s fugazi.

I guess I have to shoot for the ZO6 in 7 years or so.

Not sure how I feel about this Dodge EV. I think the current generation looks a million time better. Sounded kinda dope but don’t know if it’s fugazi.

I guess I have to shoot for the ZO6 in 7 years or so.

It sounds like a dieing Megatron. Got the looks going for itself & nice to see the Charger returning to 2 door form. It'll sell as long as they keep it in between the 30-70k range & not some near 6 figures absurd amount. Hold onto your ICE Charger.

Idk much about hellcats but can’t you just run e85 on a tune? I would think the stock injectors are already enough
You need a sensor that can detect the amount of ethanol content in the blend of fuel and most manufacturers don't account for the 40% volume increase that is needed for e85.

F047B1A2-40D8-438C-9174-B4BF47BAA071.jpeg
0B30B8CC-C645-40CF-9A1B-3750B6BFBDB8.jpeg
C9B5BCF1-D438-44E1-AFB9-87E7285B6F41.jpeg
E40AA18C-E07D-4495-91A5-8D7733327DAA.jpeg
7A690B60-44FF-4A7E-A9D1-491498D65660.jpeg
621415AA-7B24-48B2-B3C3-4D64A6954AC8.jpeg
63BD8B78-5A3D-494C-8E24-D24FBD4B05AC.jpeg
F66F1CC9-9958-4031-9422-A12D9E71E861.jpeg
86FE3ED7-09C2-4364-AAF8-BCD93F06EE5E.jpeg

Dodge has not revealed the exact horsepower figures to expect from this system and has said that it does not want to be tied down to numbers yet. But don't be disappointed. The 800-volt Banshee propulsion system is the "new pinnacle of performance" and makes Dodge's first EV "faster than a Hellcat in all key performance measures." No other Charger will come close because standard all-wheel-drive helps the electric muscle car "push beyond Hellcat performance." With Dodge introducing electrification to a doggedly V8-obsessed fanbase, it has to cover all the, er, bases. Thus, multiple performance levels will be on offer.

Banshee is the range-topping configuration, but lesser models will run on 400V architecture. To begin with, three power levels will be available, but a total of nine will eventually be offered, with the extra six to come via Direct Connection.

All nine variants will also have PowerShot, a real exhaust system, and a real transmission.

I’ve been taught to always judge a design in person (natural sunlight, on the street) but the transmission, power/performance delta alone makes this a very interesting product.

AWD + 800hp + manual (not to mention, downloadable power upgrades) will make me forgive a lot. The Charger has always been ‘high hipped’ yet sheer surfacing-wise.

This continues that design tradition, at least in photos. The good news is the EV Camaro looks fantastic.

Yeah...That looks good and continues the tradition and it is very interesting. Shout out to Dodge for that and I got a feeling it will stay very close to that concept.

I can't wait to see this car in person on Friday.
pls take pics papi
I’ll be at their event Thursday night. Might come back over the next couple of days. Check ur DM
pls also take pics papi
F047B1A2-40D8-438C-9174-B4BF47BAA071.jpeg
0B30B8CC-C645-40CF-9A1B-3750B6BFBDB8.jpeg
C9B5BCF1-D438-44E1-AFB9-87E7285B6F41.jpeg
E40AA18C-E07D-4495-91A5-8D7733327DAA.jpeg
7A690B60-44FF-4A7E-A9D1-491498D65660.jpeg
621415AA-7B24-48B2-B3C3-4D64A6954AC8.jpeg
63BD8B78-5A3D-494C-8E24-D24FBD4B05AC.jpeg
F66F1CC9-9958-4031-9422-A12D9E71E861.jpeg
86FE3ED7-09C2-4364-AAF8-BCD93F06EE5E.jpeg

Dodge has not revealed the exact horsepower figures to expect from this system and has said that it does not want to be tied down to numbers yet. But don't be disappointed. The 800-volt Banshee propulsion system is the "new pinnacle of performance" and makes Dodge's first EV "faster than a Hellcat in all key performance measures." No other Charger will come close because standard all-wheel-drive helps the electric muscle car "push beyond Hellcat performance." With Dodge introducing electrification to a doggedly V8-obsessed fanbase, it has to cover all the, er, bases. Thus, multiple performance levels will be on offer.

Banshee is the range-topping configuration, but lesser models will run on 400V architecture. To begin with, three power levels will be available, but a total of nine will eventually be offered, with the extra six to come via Direct Connection.

All nine variants will also have PowerShot, a real exhaust system, and a real transmission.
sheesshhh im glad dodge is not bowing down and prolly gunna be the fastest bang for buck electric whip on the markey

This futuristic “sleek” design for maximum range is not it.
what u mean papi? why don't u *** wit da design?
I’ve been taught to always judge a design in person (natural sunlight, on the street) but the transmission, power/performance delta alone makes this a very interesting product.

AWD + 800hp + manual (not to mention, downloadable power upgrades) will make me forgive a lot. The Charger has always been ‘high hipped’ yet sheer surfacing-wise.

This continues that design tradition, at least in photos. The good news is the EV Camaro looks fantastic.
man that transmission is gunna be a game changer,, ppl think normal ev's are quick just wait until u can change the gear ratio haha

and i agree with u papi, that classic muscle car quarter panels are a part of american car culture fabric and it will in my opinion keeep dodge relevant in this segment.

Ouiweee a real performance car. I wonder if it has fancy schmancy motorized coilovers that change when you go from eco to sport. :pimp:

pls take pics papi

pls also take pics papi

sheesshhh im glad dodge is not bowing down and prolly gunna be the fastest bang for buck electric whip on the markey

what u mean papi? why don't u *** wit da design?

man that transmission is gunna be a game changer,, ppl think normal ev's are quick just wait until u can change the gear ratio haha

and i agree with u papi, that classic muscle car quarter panels are a part of american car culture fabric and it will in my opinion keeep dodge relevant in this segment.

I like and it does look like a “electrified muscle car”. But just think about that for a sec :lol:. A lot of these new electric cars have a certain roundness, teardrop shape or whatever to maximize air flow for maximum mileage etc, it makes sense. But that combined with just weird design cues that only EV’s are doing, I mean I could make a whole list, and its like..just make it look like a “normal” car. Would look tons better. The BMW i4 is a normal looking car, granted its a bad example cause its basically a 4 series EV but using it for the sake of an example.

85D14D07-4B32-4486-8092-6F059D10E08C.jpeg

Now look at the EQS.
EDBE569E-2D8A-403E-803E-847205314A44.jpeg

Tf is this.

But this is gonna be the “new normal” in the near future. Maybe itll grow on me more, maybe designs will get better (I am a fan of all the Tesla models, Taycan).

I like and it does look like a “electrified muscle car”. But just think about that for a sec :lol:. A lot of these new electric cars have a certain roundness, teardrop shape or whatever to maximize air flow for maximum mileage etc, it makes sense. But that combined with just weird design cues that only EV’s are doing, I mean I could make a whole list, and its like..just make it look like a “normal” car. Would look tons better. The BMW i4 is a normal looking car, granted its a bad example cause its basically a 4 series EV but using it for the sake of an example.

85D14D07-4B32-4486-8092-6F059D10E08C.jpeg

Now look at the EQS.
EDBE569E-2D8A-403E-803E-847205314A44.jpeg

Tf is this.

But this is gonna be the “new normal” in the near future. Maybe itll grow on me more, maybe designs will get better (I am a fan of all the Tesla models, Taycan).
The Mercedes however is a very strong departure from the long front, long dash to axle ratio for a few reasons:

As you observed, aero dynamic efficiency.

The ‘cab forward’ stance (ironically cribbed from the Chrysler designs of the 90s) maximizes interior space-a selling point vs its traditional showroom mate pricing structure wise, the S Class.

Also this design protects the S Class as saving 60-70% of the very expensive S Class operating costs for a similar ‘pampering’ driving experience would be a very compelling proposition to a potential customer. Mercedes, like other OEMs hedged on ICE products (Chrysler and others like Honda are just transitioning from a manufacturing and product planning POV, a huge undertaking as these companies are large/complex) so the product results will have some distinct design compromises.

Like the BMW posted, which has a traditional shape but is a bit thick sided as the batteries in the bottom of the chassis raises the floor plan height (and the roofline, etc.) as it’s based on an ICE chassis, which brings its own compromises from a packaging perspective.

Tesla was free to create a ‘elegant’ design language for its products as PP undoubtedly knew the Model S had to convince ICE drivers that EVs didn’t have to look like something out of a sci fi film as the only EVs/plug in/hybrids at the time (Volt, Leaf, Prius) were more utilitarian in design/profile-some of which due to the portfolio conflicts like the Mercedes products above.

Back
Top Bottom