\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

With third row?

cant give in and get a kia :frown: was looking at the new pallisade but started reading on some really bad transmission/lemon concerns.

now I'm back to square one in my search.

might settle on a jeep also. My current jeep is on its last leg.
no Defender? I don't see that many of them here in Upstate NY about 7-19 minutes outside of Buffalo, I thought they would be very popular. Broncos appear to be a hit, in the suburbs at least (Both the Big + Smaller version)

no Defender? I don't see that many of them here in Upstate NY about 7-19 minutes outside of Buffalo, I thought they would be very popular. Broncos appear to be a hit, in the suburbs at least (Both the Big + Smaller version)
i think the reasons u don't see many defenders is cuz they are pricey

maybe, Discoveries were kinda expensive for the time & they were popular here many years ago. plenty of Escalades & X5's around here so I think ppl have the $$$$.

I dont see much Escalades but plenty of X5's. Discoverys ive never seen an abundance of, just here and there. Range Rovers I see a lot in NYC but outside of the city not too many. Defenders I see a few, I think its def price + worried about reliability.

I dont see much Escalades but plenty of X5's. Discoverys ive never seen an abundance of, just here and there. Range Rovers I see a lot in NYC but outside of the city not too many. Defenders I see a few, I think its def price + worried about reliability.
yeah LR3 & LR4 weren't as popular, the Discovery that was popular was the Discovery II which was like 2000-2005, roughly. late model Range has always been kinda next level expensive they're not really all that common in these parts, do tend to see a few G-Wagens on the reg

i think the reasons u don't see many defenders is cuz they are pricey
Concerned about the reliability of the ranges. I did really want one. But between my last post and now going to go with the X5. Just gotta find a cpo for the right money. I haven’t had a car note in 8 years. So this will suck

Concerned about the reliability of the ranges. I did really want one. But between my last post and now going to go with the X5. Just gotta find a cpo for the right money. I haven’t had a car note in 8 years. So this will suck
Doug DeMuro a famous auto journalist had a range rover he purchased from carmax with their maxcare warranty program carmax basically covered all issues the car had.

if i ever decide to get a used range it would be through carmax just for the benefit of that warranty

Speaking of BMW design…
6C354364-C1CF-4674-AD93-59AC8D25B520.jpeg

0BE23B25-ACB1-4E50-8470-44F7332C314F.jpeg
DC65E654-EF3F-47F4-8F30-F15A8E9408A0.jpeg

FE316111-78D4-4F63-8B7B-D105259BCA71.jpeg

The XM's powertrain consists of a twin-turbo 4.4-liter V-8 combined with an electric motor integrated into the eight-speed automatic transmission. There's also a 25.7-kWh battery pack that enables an estimated electric driving range of 30 miles. Total output sits at 644 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque, and there will be an even more powerful Label Red version coming later on with a claimed 735 hp and 735 pound-feet. This makes the XM the most powerful current production BMW

6062 curb weight.

Last edited:
Speaking of BMW design…
View attachment 3029907
View attachment 3029909
View attachment 3029914
FE316111-78D4-4F63-8B7B-D105259BCA71.jpeg

The XM's powertrain consists of a twin-turbo 4.4-liter V-8 combined with an electric motor integrated into the eight-speed automatic transmission. There's also a 25.7-kWh battery pack that enables an estimated electric driving range of 30 miles. Total output sits at 644 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque, and there will be an even more powerful Label Red version coming later on with a claimed 735 hp and 735 pound-feet. This makes the XM the most powerful current production BMW

6062 curb weight.

Someone please fire the entire BMW design staff and also consider jail time. Dubbing this the pig nose, the horn should go oink oink when its pressed.

Doug DeMuro a famous auto journalist had a range rover he purchased from carmax with their maxcare warranty program carmax basically covered all issues the car had.

if i ever decide to get a used range it would be through carmax just for the benefit of that warranty
Is max care better then a certified pre owned warranty?

And I believe from his one video on it, that CarMax no longer allows Land Rover/Range Rover to be covered by the warranty they sell.

Is max care better then a certified pre owned warranty?

Short answer: No.

Long(er) answer: It’s the next best warranty (after CPO). In my experience, my Service Agent at BMW never had an issue getting stuff approved under MaxCare, but I did have to pay a deductible every time something went wrong. It’s worth noting that the MaxCare warranty *might* be cheaper when you consider that you’ll need to buy an extended warranty if you plan on keeping the car once the CPO warranty runs out (1-2 years).

This is the picture that's making the rounds on social media right now.

I know cars can be replaced, but this one hurts A LOT as I LOVE the P1!! If I had to choose one of the "Holy Trinity" hypercars, it's the P1.

Only saving grace, is that when the insurance company totals it out, and gives the guy the $$$ for it (P1s are over $2M now easily if not more based on spec), he COULD, in theory, buy it back from the insurance company, and IF he contacts McLaren, they may be able to rebuild it to new again with all new parts and batteries (hybrid system). Hope it gets a 2nd chance. 🙏🙏

If you go into the owner's Instagram page, I don't really think it's insurance fraud. Why would he? P1s are super desirable and when the do pop up for sale they don't last long. His home, his other car, are both pricey. Moving your cars to a safer location is easier said than done. My area got flooded from Hurricane Ida REALLY badly. Some apartment complex has underground parking yet no one thought to move their cars to the local Hospital .3 miles up the road for a few days.

My wife's good friends are in St Augustine. They moved their cars across the street to a higher up driveway of a home unoccupied (for sale). Not everyone has the ability to ship cars off, no matter how much $$$ they have.

Back
Top Bottom