\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

If you go into the owner's Instagram page, I don't really think it's insurance fraud. Why would he? P1s are super desirable and when the do pop up for sale they don't last long. His home, his other car, are both pricey. Moving your cars to a safer location is easier said than done. My area got flooded from Hurricane Ida REALLY badly. Some apartment complex has underground parking yet no one thought to move their cars to the local Hospital .3 miles up the road for a few days.

My wife's good friends are in St Augustine. They moved their cars across the street to a higher up driveway of a home unoccupied (for sale). Not everyone has the ability to ship cars off, no matter how much $$$ they have.
My NFT comment was a joke, but it happens. But I do know that on the fringe areas of the ultra high end car market-as well as other capital generating entities-things are softening/cratering.

If an airbag is deployed in a low impact collision, does the insurance company automatically total the car? My son’s Accord got hit and the driver side airbag deployed, but only the passenger headlight broke and some bumper damage. The car still drives, turns, etc….

If an airbag is deployed in a low impact collision, does the insurance company automatically total the car? My son’s Accord got hit and the driver side airbag deployed, but only the passenger headlight broke and some bumper damage. The car still drives, turns, etc….

Its been a while since I did auto insurance BUT, it depends on a few things. First is the amount of repairs needed vs the value of the car will determine if it gets totaled. Frame damage will usually total a car, but an airbag deploying with minimal damage shouldnt total it. I dont want to speak in absolutes because I dont know what the damages look like and wouldnt be able to actually look at it. I hope it works out.

If you go into the owner's Instagram page, I don't really think it's insurance fraud. Why would he? P1s are super desirable and when the do pop up for sale they don't last long. His home, his other car, are both pricey. Moving your cars to a safer location is easier said than done. My area got flooded from Hurricane Ida REALLY badly. Some apartment complex has underground parking yet no one thought to move their cars to the local Hospital .3 miles up the road for a few days.

My wife's good friends are in St Augustine. They moved their cars across the street to a higher up driveway of a home unoccupied (for sale). Not everyone has the ability to ship cars off, no matter how much $$$ they have.

Its a 2 milli car not a Corolla. Youre listing the reasons WHY this smells like a scam. Its a P1. A car like that, you MOVE IT. And its not like this hurricane came out the blue, ample time to do something about it.

If I had my dream car or a car idc if gramma is stuck in the attic, im moving the whip to high ground first and coming back for her with a boat.

Think it most likely will. My mom's accord also got hit recently and her airbag deployed. Other than a bent rim and some damage on the rear driver side, it didn't look too bad but they still totaled it :ohwell:

Can it really be called a scam if your garage takes on 4 feet of water? :lol:

Hurricane was projected farther north all week. Dude probably thought he was in the clear

Still dumb to risk it imo but I guess that's what insurance is for

My NFT comment was a joke, but it happens. But I do know that on the fringe areas of the ultra high end car market-as well as other capital generating entities-things are softening/cratering.

No worries bud, I gotcha. And I totally agree for some cars have softened. But the hypercar market is and always will be strong. The P1/918/LaFerrari will always keep going up. Not sure how long he's had the P1 (have to go back and check his page). But if he's had it for anything more than a year, he'll get a huge return. These shot up last year as did the 918. LaFerrari will always go up because of what it is.

because its free money from insurance for a car that he will probably have a hard time liquidating pun intended due to the impending US Recession

Decision time looming -
1664560819777.png

because its free money from insurance for a car that he will probably have a hard time liquidating pun intended due to the impending US Recession

I can assure you, if one has a McLaren P1, or any of the other very limited hypercar models (918, LaFerrari, any Koenigsegg, any Pagani, etc), one won't have a "hard time" selling it off, trust me. They made 375 P1s for the world, and when one comes up for sale, it doesn't last long.

It's the less expensive cars that become harder to sell (run of the mill exotics). The elite cars are in a different level of wealth, and with watching all the auctions during Car Week, these upper echelon cars had no trouble finding new owners. Had this guy needed money, he could make a few phone calls and had that P1 sold within a day.

I can assure you, if one has a McLaren P1, or any of the other very limited hypercar models (918, LaFerrari, any Koenigsegg, any Pagani, etc), one won't have a "hard time" selling it off, trust me. They made 375 P1s for the world, and when one comes up for sale, it doesn't last long.

It's the less expensive cars that become harder to sell (run of the mill exotics). The elite cars are in a different level of wealth, and with watching all the auctions during Car Week, these upper echelon cars had no trouble finding new owners. Had this guy needed money, he could make a few phone calls and had that P1 sold within a day.

My question is how much the potential buying public will take the flood into consideration. Sure, it's a super limited edition Mclaren. But once the car is submerged in flood, will the car ever be the same again? Is it really possible for Mclaren to bring that car back to original operating order and even then, can they guarantee it will operate as a P1 over the long term? Things like electronics, etc. I'm no engineer so that would be my biggest question.

I'm sure it would sell if its back on the open market again, its just a matter of how much it can fetch knowing that it went through a horrendous natural disaster.

My question is how much the potential buying public will take the flood into consideration. Sure, it's a super limited edition Mclaren. But once the car is submerged in flood, will the car ever be the same again? Is it really possible for Mclaren to bring that car back to original operating order and even then, can they guarantee it will operate as a P1 over the long term? Things like electronics, etc. I'm no engineer so that would be my biggest question.

I'm sure it would sell if its back on the open market again, its just a matter of how much it can fetch knowing that it went through a horrendous natural disaster.

When I said he wouldn't have a problem selling it, I was meaning selling it pre-flood condition, as the other person mentioned he may have issues liquidating it quickly had the need arose, hence the possibility of insurance fraud. I just stated that a P1 in top condition (his pics he took in IG before Ian) he could sell it in a day.

To answer your question? Yes, it could come back good as new if it were sent back to McLaren in Woking. They would completely disassemble the car down to the Monocage 1 carbon fiber tub. See what could be reused, and fit new things. Cost would be up there, but probably not what the car is actually worth retail.

Plus, McLaren is known to keep their super limited cars on the road. Look at what they did to Mr Bean's F1. Fixed it twice, once with the engine actually getting thrown out of the car. He resold it no problem for like £15M. The thing that some forgot with this car, is it's a hybrid with a full electric drive system. Yeah, it's only for a few miles, but still has hybrid batteries. That could be a positive if rebuilt as they would use the latest battery tech vs when the car came out the end of 2013.

I really don't see one of the YouTubers getting this to rebuild. I remember how hard of a time Tavarish had rebuilding his 675LT. Parts were basically unobtainium. Figure this x10. But someone will buy it once it hits Copart (unless the owner buys it back). Just watch for AZ Cycle Parts on IG/YouTube. They buy all the wrecked exotics, strip them down and sell whatever they can. 👍

When I said he wouldn't have a problem selling it, I was meaning selling it pre-flood condition, as the other person mentioned he may have issues liquidating it quickly had the need arose, hence the possibility of insurance fraud. I just stated that a P1 in top condition (his pics he took in IG before Ian) he could sell it in a day.

To answer your question? Yes, it could come back good as new if it were sent back to McLaren in Woking. They would completely disassemble the car down to the Monocage 1 carbon fiber tub. See what could be reused, and fit new things. Cost would be up there, but probably not what the car is actually worth retail.

Plus, McLaren is known to keep their super limited cars on the road. Look at what they did to Mr Bean's F1. Fixed it twice, once with the engine actually getting thrown out of the car. He resold it no problem for like £15M. The thing that some forgot with this car, is it's a hybrid with a full electric drive system. Yeah, it's only for a few miles, but still has hybrid batteries. That could be a positive if rebuilt as they would use the latest battery tech vs when the car came out the end of 2013.

I really don't see one of the YouTubers getting this to rebuild. I remember how hard of a time Tavarish had rebuilding his 675LT. Parts were basically unobtainium. Figure this x10. But someone will buy it once it hits Copart (unless the owner buys it back). Just watch for AZ Cycle Parts on IG/YouTube. They buy all the wrecked exotics, strip them down and sell whatever they can. 👍

Tavaris 675 came out beautiful. :pimp:

I like his builds, that and the white Supra were really good.

No worries bud, I gotcha. And I totally agree for some cars have softened. But the hypercar market is and always will be strong. The P1/918/LaFerrari will always keep going up. Not sure how long he's had the P1 (have to go back and check his page). But if he's had it for anything more than a year, he'll get a huge return. These shot up last year as did the 918. LaFerrari will always go up because of what it is.
Of course! Discussion is always appreciated! Question-as you will be more well educated in these events but from limited POV looking historically:

In 2008 (last global economic hiccup) Chinese buyers were responsible for a lot of inflows into those markets (auctions within the ultra rare spectrum).

With Everglade looking as its going to tank the economy in mainland China, along with the sinking Yuan (and a very frothy relationship between some Western countries where these things are produced and China-a not insignificant factor with the current regimen increased focus political programming/aggression towards former territories) , yes some might buy ultra rare vehicles but by far that run was strongest a year ago along with real estate purchases I believe.

If I was an investor in an uncertain economic environment, I wonder if a desirable/rare (but not on the level of say a Mercedes 300SL Gullwing) can beat the 4% return on bonds after maintenance and insurance on these things?

Now yes things can remain steady in that space but erosion is inevitable. This current near recession is very unique economically.-as was the wealth created from 2008 onwards. Perhaps that will effect certain usually steady sectors?

I actually agree with you-but it might be insightful to see how long P1s that are for sale stay on the market (I saw three from my 2 second google search-not exactly a deep dive) in this environment. (I’m more interested in the potential softening in the market vs. a hypothetical fraud situation for my own education)

Last edited:
Tavaris 675 came out beautiful. :pimp:

I like his builds, that and the white Supra were really good.

Oh, it definitely did! It's stunning and I love the color (I'm a blue fan), but it took him A LONG TIME getting it together, especially acquiring parts. That roof scoop he got was the last one. Plus I know he prints money from his channel, but the difference between a 675 & a P1 are incredible money wise.

I picked this up last weekend. Got rid of the scat pack.
3 different Challengers in the last 10 years.
V-6 5.7 and 6.4
I love this.

Attachments

• EA5A573A-0831-4BCD-9785-25702EFADE57.jpeg
    EA5A573A-0831-4BCD-9785-25702EFADE57.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 9D6AAA18-0D58-442D-A2CE-8A33A7D19095.jpeg
    9D6AAA18-0D58-442D-A2CE-8A33A7D19095.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 58
  • B725BE92-14B3-402D-AF6B-E1ADE5EB5460.jpeg
    B725BE92-14B3-402D-AF6B-E1ADE5EB5460.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 01D0828B-1D3F-40B6-BAD8-C3080943D279.jpeg
    01D0828B-1D3F-40B6-BAD8-C3080943D279.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Test drove a Gen 1 Raptor for the first time today.. that NA V8 is *chef's kiss*

but tbh it didn't put me in my seat like I thought it would when I gave it some gas. I think the weight keeps things somewhat tame.

Compared to my Tacoma though, I enjoyed the interior space. It'll be a game time decision when I decide whether I want a newer Tacoma or a Raptor for my long term truck.

Oh, it definitely did! It's stunning and I love the color (I'm a blue fan), but it took him A LONG TIME getting it together, especially acquiring parts. That roof scoop he got was the last one. Plus I know he prints money from his channel, but the difference between a 675 & a P1 are incredible money wise.

I like his videos with Hoovie and Vanwiki or whatever his name is, when they get 3 cars (least reliable or their first car ever etc) and drive em around and doing various tests in them. Entertaining though I hate how that Vanwiki dude talks. :lol: Like bro finish what youre saying already, feel like he talks hella slow.

Hol up, is this real? :lol:

edit: it is real. :wow: this is too much screen man, the hell you need all that for. :lol:
Bro ...

I still disagree with the Kia, but you're right ... this joint is big AF. Maybe it is the EV version or sonething? Why not just flip the current screen and give the passanger their own instead? I would find it very distracting having to look to the far right of the sreen on this joint.

Back
Top Bottom