\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I just love every that Lotus stands for. They are a much more affordable Pcar alternative. Not in terms of power but just being a drivers car

Well, this has 400 hp from the V6 (the prior Evora GT had 416, so it's basically a tune difference). Basically the same as the GTS 4.0 Cayman (which has 394) and just below the GT4 at 414. Plus the Emira looks better (way more exotic looking). Plus Toyota engine & transmission which are basically bulletproof.

The I4 will eventually have more power than the V6 (which won't be around the entire lifecycle of the Emira). Rumor is they will really get power out of that mill. But it's only going to be a DCT, no manual available in that engine (so I'm not interested in that motor)

But yes, Lotus are a different breed of cars. This new car still has the hydraulic steering which is amazing.

I want one SO FREAKING BADLY! But the colors are limited to 6 for the 1st edition, and the additional 7 for the base models are ho hum at best. No Skittles colors. But Lotus opened up LAP (Lotus Advanced Performance) for their high priced one offs and such. But also for bespoke stuff.

The thought is they will allow their version of PTS like Porsche as they offered a bunch of colors from other makes of cars. They did this for the 2-year run of the Evora GT. Colors from Porsche, Alfa Romeo, Audi, Aston Martin & Lamborghini. They had some really crazy colors available to order. This is what makes the car so unique and the possibility of many different 1 of 1 specs. It's what I am waiting for. I got a few ideas for a few different bespoke colors that are just AWESOME and no one would have an idea to use them. Hopefully that should be a few years out until it's an option to order. Gives me time to get back to work (hopefully soon as I'm feeling so so from Crohn's). I'll need to put EVERYTHING I can away for one. 🙏🙏

Last edited:
Got caught about to hit the Michelins with some tire shine… lol
023A2848-1FC8-4498-B784-B76B24A9B385.jpeg

Just thinking out loud, I think I **** up buying a civic sport…. I’ve seen a couple Kia EV6s on the road now and they seem to be a Mach E equivalent but without the markup

Just thinking out loud, I think I **** up buying a civic sport…. I’ve seen a couple Kia EV6s on the road now and they seem to be a Mach E equivalent but without the markup
I feel like u could probably get close to what u paid for on the civic if u wanna sell

Like? Its always been the M3/M4 and C63 crowd thats the majority of high performance compact sedans. The Guilia Quadrifoglio im a big fan of, easily the best looking.
Like you mentioned the Gulilia Quad was a fun drive imo, also Lexus is back in the segment with the IS500 along with the RS5 being in the mix.

For me it just comes down to personal preference, I wouldn’t have minded so much if they would’ve used the E53 Inline 6 but the 2.0 4cyl is my line in the sand. Imo that motor needed to stay in the CLA segment. To go from a 6.2L NA V8 in 2014 all the way down to a 2.0 4cyl 10 years later….. nah I just can’t rock with it.

I see so many of these and all the new gen Kia’s and they look good can’t lie

Like you mentioned the Gulilia Quad was a fun drive imo, also Lexus is back in the segment with the IS500 along with the RS5 being in the mix.

For me it just comes down to personal preference, I wouldn’t have minded so much if they would’ve used the E53 Inline 6 but the 2.0 4cyl is my line in the sand. Imo that motor needed to stay in the CLA segment. To go from a 6.2L NA V8 in 2014 all the way down to a 2.0 4cyl 10 years later….. nah I just can’t rock

Last time Lexus was in the mix was the IS-F. This 500 doesnt hold a candle to the big boys. RS5 is LOVELY, specially the Sportback but I think they always still been a TINY tick behind the M4/C63. And engine aside if it still delivers the performance whats really the matter? 4 bangers have been producing more power than V6’s for years and years now for example, would you rather have a V6 for the sake of a V6 even though a 4 is more powerful?

yall funny

California is literally the mecca of car culture IMO

prove me wrong :smile:

Yeah, and basically any slight modification to your car's engine or exhaust is frowned upon and written up by the cops who catch you. I know for a fact my car won't pass inspection in that state! Both for noise and emissions! Forget that state. I'll stay where I'm at, cold winter and all.

Last edited:
The salt on the ground and cold weather makes me sad.

I just want to do Hellcat things with my Hellcat. :frown:

Man stop it, what salt? :lol:

You have the kitty garaged for the winter? You can easily drive it still man, NYC has maybe 3 days a year lately where you truelly cant drive it cause of snow. Last year we had like 1 day where the snow was bad I believe in late January. The salt just wash that off. Cold means nothing.

Yeah, and basically any slight modification to your car is frowned upon and written up by the cops who catch you. I know for a fact my car won't pass inspection in that state! Both for noise and emissions! Forget that state. I'll stay where I'm at, cold winter and all.
there are no inspections :lol:
just smog
very rarely do u get stopped for noise and that jazz unless ur driving like a real hooligan which is applicable to law enforcement in any state

there are no inspections :lol:
just smog
very rarely do u get stopped for noise and that jazz unless ur driving like a real hooligan which is applicable to law enforcement in any state

I meant State Ref for emissions, my bad.

In regards to getting pulled over for noise? I get what your saying. Drive like those DDE dopes, sure. Those idiots bring it on themselves when they get pulled over. In my state, Pa... NOPE. Never got pulled over once in 16 years with my car. Longtubes, hi-flow cats & Borla. It's loud and never got stopped. My wife with her Gallardo with an Armytrix system. NOPE! Even the Jag with the crazy loud crackles from a stock exhaust, NOTHING!

Even the Lotus, with the 3rd cat deleted (a cat ONLY for California, to pass noise & smog, not for any monitoring as there isn't an O2 sensor attached). That thing screams when it's at 6K driving down the main strip near our house. Exhaust bouncing off the buildings (all while going like 35mph in 1st 😂😂 because it's geared the way it is. Still nothing. Cops don't care about noise here. Same with my friends cars. In Pa, your not getting pulled over for noise. Never seen it, and I'm being honest.

So Tesla already given some of their Semi trucks to some big name companies, they are unmarked due to the companies having to sign non disclosure agreement.

My brother in law told me to come check it out but because I’m a bitter old man I told him **** off I ordered my cybertruck in 2019 and still haven’t even got told when I can complete my build sheet lol
Order banks for Cybertruck reserve opened this past July.

Back
Top Bottom