\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

have a question for dudes that buy from the dealer, 05fordgt 05fordgt probably knows
Im helping someone who last night went to a nissan dealer and is paying 48k out the door for a pathfinder :lol:
i kinda dont mess with nissan and told them thats kinda pricey so they wanna know if they can get outta the deal

so far they have given the dealer a 12k check and were going to put another 12k on a credit card but the card didn't go through last night.
all paperwork is signed but they didn't receive keys to the car due to that failed payment.

I assume they can still get out of the deal correct?

Technically, it's tricky. If they signed everything in terms of paperwork including the MSO (if it's a new car) or the title (if it's a used car) most dealers that don't give a damn about customers will say, too late, everything is signed.

BUT, if they didn't send the contract in to the lender, and the customer didn't fund the rest of their down payment nor took the vehicle, they should be able to get out of it. I know I've had this happen very rarely, but the few times, if someone changes their mind just after signing everything, I think we unwound the deal. Really doesn't happen though.

The thing I'm shocked at, is the dealer willing to take a $12,000 down payment on a card! 😱 We would NEVER take that much on one. Out limit was $2,500 and for 2 reasons. Reason one, the fee to run thr card. And two, the customer can call the CC company and dispute the charge, and they would get it back. Yeah, they bought it on full volition, but we know some customers are just as shady as dealers.

I would tell your friend, if he doesn't want the truck, to call them ASAP, to tell them they had a change of heart, and would like their deposit back. Hope this helps. 👍

Got a message from a friend in our car circle that Lotus North Jersey was holding another Emira test drive. Thankfully it wasn't one day only but they had the car for a week. So a few buddies and I took the 2 hour trip up to drive it. Thankfully, unlike the time in early December around my area, it wasn't pouring rain and overall crappy conditions. Beautiful sunny day and could drive it on an on ramp. But it was in Summit NJ, so tue roads were residential and crappy.

But the car is NO JOKE! Freaking amazing car. Ride, handling, comfortable, it's very quick and light. it's everything one would want in a sports car. Once Lotus gets their production sorted, it's gonna be a hell of a car to buy. Did you all know, there are only 3 cars you can buy that are mid-engine and manual. Well, really 2 as the Cayman and Boxster are the same car technically speaking. But that's in, those two and the Emira. Crazy. Anyhoo, here are a few shots of Magma Red.😒 HATE this color!! Awful choice for one of the original 6 for the FE 1. 🤦🏻‍♂️
PXL_20230425_174535273.jpg
PXL_20230425_174542171.jpg

Sadly, Lotus UK said NO pics of the interior 🤷. So only a few from the outside. But it's as fun as the last one I drove. I definitely want one and right now, it's about an 18-24 month wait of one puts a deposit down now. That's fine as they are coming out with "tuned up" models. The S and the R. I want one of those in my favorite color scheme...Gulf Blue with orange accents. 😎

This was actually inside waiting to be picked up as it was being serviced.

PXL_20230425_185717561.jpg
PXL_20230425_185707882.jpg

My color!! 🤤🤤🤤 It's technically called Sky Blue, but it's the same shade as Gulf Racing Blue. Only issue with this....it's an automatic 😞😞🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. And not a dual clutch. But a good old fashioned torque converter auto that's somewhat clunky at low speeds.

But it was a fun day and I can't wait for the chance to put $$$ down on one (it isn't a lot to secure a spot). But that's fine if it's 2 years. More time to save up. And for my color to become available (it's not an option yet). Only thing that would stop me from ordering one, would be if I found an Evora GT in this color, like this car that was for sale about 2 months ago.
Used-2021-Lotus-Evora-GT (18).jpg

Used-2021-Lotus-Evora-GT (14).jpg

THIS!! This right here...🔥🔥🔥🤤🤤🤤 If I found one like this, I'd never need another sports car EVER!! I got my Mustang (muscle car) and a Lotus (sports car) and I'd be 1000% content!! One can hope I can find one when I'm ready. 🙏🙏

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain IT REALLY ALL DEPENDS. I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE SHADY DEALERSHIP PART.

BUT IN ALL THE CAR DEALS IVE HAD, NEVER ANY SHADY DEALS.

WITH MY TAHOE PURCHASE THIS YEAR(FLORIDA TO MEMPHIS), MY SALESMAN STAYED IN CONTACT WITH ME THE ENTIRE PROCESS TIL I ARRIVED IN FLORIDA. HE PULLED THE TAHOE OFF THE LOT THE VERY FIRST DAY I CONTACTED HIM, THERE WAS ZERO MARKUP, NO ADDED ON ACCESSORIES, NO EXTRA FEES. FLAWLESS TRANSACTION ON PURCHASE DAY.

THE ONLY HICCUP I HAD WAS GETTING MY TAGS SWITCHED OVER FROM MY TUNDRA TO TAHOE, THAT WAS ALMOST A 2 MONTH LONG PROCESS. SMH

effed up for who? i lowkey don't have any mercy for these salesppl nowadays they hella slimy
i get it, we all hate car salespeople. We always think they are out to get us, and for the most part they are. However, not all are like that ... either way, it makes me no difference just know that this is how they support theor families. They also don't have control on what upper management does ....

I agree thia aftermarket add-ons are all BS and just an excuses to grt money out your pocket but this started because of the low inventories and lack of use cars ... they had to figure out how to make extra money.

I wouldn't pay it myself, but I would let it be known upfront. I also would allow them to finance me in order for me to negotiate a better selling price and then pay it off.

i get it, we all hate car salespeople. We always think they are out to get us, and for the most part they are. However, not all are like that ... either way, it makes me no difference just know that this is how they support theor families. They also don't have control on what upper management does ....

I agree thia aftermarket add-ons are all BS and just an excuses to grt money out your pocket but this started because of the low inventories and lack of use cars ... they had to figure out how to make extra money.

I wouldn't pay it myself, but I would let it be known upfront. I also would allow them to finance me in order for me to negotiate a better selling price and then pay it off.

A lot of car salespeople are slimeballs. And very few actually like or enjoy cars. Most see it as a job to make $$$. I honestly never would engage in any banter or mingle with them at sales training sessions when I went for product introductions and such. I can overhear them before the sessions would start, comparing with each other now much gross they made on each customer and stuff. 😕 Stuff that was no one's business but their own. Honestly disgusting stuff about slamming them in cars they can't afford. Seriously no conscience ****.

And you always wonder why there is such turnover in normal brand dealerships. Because they try to get the quick hits and then move on. I NEVER did that crap. Hell, we had a Ford plant in our area so pretty much 80% of my new car sales when I first started (and for many years after) were A/Z Plan transactions. Fixed employee prices that I would make $75 a car (before taxes 😳). This was back when I started in '97 and went to about mid to late 2000s then it got bumped to $100 a car before taxes. Yeah, selling new cars back then was NOT a money making proposition. But I sold whatever I could with the hope that if I treated the customer great they would come back. Being there 23 years, I guess it worked. 👍

Technically, it's tricky. If they signed everything in terms of paperwork including the MSO (if it's a new car) or the title (if it's a used car) most dealers that don't give a damn about customers will say, too late, everything is signed.

BUT, if they didn't send the contract in to the lender, and the customer didn't fund the rest of their down payment nor took the vehicle, they should be able to get out of it. I know I've had this happen very rarely, but the few times, if someone changes their mind just after signing everything, I think we unwound the deal. Really doesn't happen though.

The thing I'm shocked at, is the dealer willing to take a $12,000 down payment on a card! 😱 We would NEVER take that much on one. Out limit was $2,500 and for 2 reasons. Reason one, the fee to run thr card. And two, the customer can call the CC company and dispute the charge, and they would get it back. Yeah, they bought it on full volition, but we know some customers are just as shady as dealers.

I would tell your friend, if he doesn't want the truck, to call them ASAP, to tell them they had a change of heart, and would like their deposit back. Hope this helps. 👍
yep thats exactly what i told them to do

Got a message from a friend in our car circle that Lotus North Jersey was holding another Emira test drive. Thankfully it wasn't one day only but they had the car for a week. So a few buddies and I took the 2 hour trip up to drive it. Thankfully, unlike the time in early December around my area, it wasn't pouring rain and overall crappy conditions. Beautiful sunny day and could drive it on an on ramp. But it was in Summit NJ, so tue roads were residential and crappy.

But the car is NO JOKE! Freaking amazing car. Ride, handling, comfortable, it's very quick and light. it's everything one would want in a sports car. Once Lotus gets their production sorted, it's gonna be a hell of a car to buy. Did you all know, there are only 3 cars you can buy that are mid-engine and manual. Well, really 2 as the Cayman and Boxster are the same car technically speaking. But that's in, those two and the Emira. Crazy. Anyhoo, here are a few shots of Magma Red.😒 HATE this color!! Awful choice for one of the original 6 for the FE 1. 🤦🏻‍♂️
PXL_20230425_174535273.jpg
PXL_20230425_174542171.jpg

Sadly, Lotus UK said NO pics of the interior 🤷. So only a few from the outside. But it's as fun as the last one I drove. I definitely want one and right now, it's about an 18-24 month wait of one puts a deposit down now. That's fine as they are coming out with "tuned up" models. The S and the R. I want one of those in my favorite color scheme...Gulf Blue with orange accents. 😎

This was actually inside waiting to be picked up as it was being serviced.

PXL_20230425_185717561.jpg
PXL_20230425_185707882.jpg

My color!! 🤤🤤🤤 It's technically called Sky Blue, but it's the same shade as Gulf Racing Blue. Only issue with this....it's an automatic 😞😞🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. And not a dual clutch. But a good old fashioned torque converter auto that's somewhat clunky at low speeds.

But it was a fun day and I can't wait for the chance to put $$$ down on one (it isn't a lot to secure a spot). But that's fine if it's 2 years. More time to save up. And for my color to become available (it's not an option yet). Only thing that would stop me from ordering one, would be if I found an Evora GT in this color, like this car that was for sale about 2 months ago.
Used-2021-Lotus-Evora-GT (18).jpg

Used-2021-Lotus-Evora-GT (14).jpg

THIS!! This right here...🔥🔥🔥🤤🤤🤤 If I found one like this, I'd never need another sports car EVER!! I got my Mustang (muscle car) and a Lotus (sports car) and I'd be 1000% content!! One can hope I can find one when I'm ready. 🙏🙏
im really curious to see how these sound with an exhaust :evil:

A lot of car salespeople are slimeballs. And very few actually like or enjoy cars. Most see it as a job to make $$$. I honestly never would engage in any banter or mingle with them at sales training sessions when I went for product introductions and such. I can overhear them before the sessions would start, comparing with each other now much gross they made on each customer and stuff. 😕 Stuff that was no one's business but their own. Honestly disgusting stuff about slamming them in cars they can't afford. Seriously no conscience ****.

And you always wonder why there is such turnover in normal brand dealerships. Because they try to get the quick hits and then move on. I NEVER did that crap. Hell, we had a Ford plant in our area so pretty much 80% of my new car sales when I first started (and for many years after) were A/Z Plan transactions. Fixed employee prices that I would make $75 a car (before taxes 😳). This was back when I started in '97 and went to about mid to late 2000s then it got bumped to $100 a car before taxes. Yeah, selling new cars back then was NOT a money making proposition. But I sold whatever I could with the hope that if I treated the customer great they would come back. Being there 23 years, I guess it worked. 👍
this is very true, especially recently. i've called about ten dealerships and they can't tell me the difference between the different trim levels in the vehicles im inquiring about :lol:
all of them say "come on in and check it out "

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain IT REALLY ALL DEPENDS. I AGREE WITH YOU ON THE SHADY DEALERSHIP PART.

BUT IN ALL THE CAR DEALS IVE HAD, NEVER ANY SHADY DEALS.

WITH MY TAHOE PURCHASE THIS YEAR(FLORIDA TO MEMPHIS), MY SALESMAN STAYED IN CONTACT WITH ME THE ENTIRE PROCESS TIL I ARRIVED IN FLORIDA. HE PULLED THE TAHOE OFF THE LOT THE VERY FIRST DAY I CONTACTED HIM, THERE WAS ZERO MARKUP, NO ADDED ON ACCESSORIES, NO EXTRA FEES. FLAWLESS TRANSACTION ON PURCHASE DAY.

THE ONLY HICCUP I HAD WAS GETTING MY TAGS SWITCHED OVER FROM MY TUNDRA TO TAHOE, THAT WAS ALMOST A 2 MONTH LONG PROCESS. SMH
thats amazing to hear, there are time we find good people like that. Im in socal so i believe people aren't that honest out here. the thing that makes me upset is dealers having one price online yet when u call them its 3k over what they listed it for :lol:

im really curious to see how these sound with an exhaust :evil:

I'll tell you, it should sound the same as the Evora GT. Here are a few clips that show what removing the 3rd cat does to it (stupid California regs). Fast forward to 3:13 to hear before/after clips.

Another clip in-car only but loud!

And a quick short of 14 seconds. Wish he gave it some more throttle (but you'll get the idea).

The car I drove didn't have the extra cat since it's a euro model. But taking that off, really makes it scream! Not bad for a $250 mod! 👏👏 Then if one wants to, get headers, hi-flow cats, and a titanium exhaust and then ITS INSANE!! 👍

Whenever I drive the purple car, I always try to wind it out to at least 5k, but if the road is open long enough ahead, I'm taking it to at least 6k (all while driving about 35-40 mph, lol). Insane a Toyota V6 sounds this damn good! 😎

this is very true, especially recently. i've called about ten dealerships and they can't tell me the difference between the different trim levels in the vehicles im inquiring about :lol:
all of them say "come on in and check it out "

😒 ugh, they are all lazy pieces of garbage! 🤬🤬 Believe me, nothing surprised me when I went to other dealers to swap a car. Overhearing salespeople talk to clients about a car in the showroom and hearing them give out blatantly wrong info 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Just freaking pathetic.

6 months later they are going to be looking like ford and can’t get anything done.

Why you would cut any skilled labor these days is beyond me. They’ll take the money and run and you won’t find new employees because they already have jobs.

907B9AA5-DE3A-4049-BEDE-FC5BC91438BF.jpeg

F20E19FA-11EC-42DF-B03B-162918B870D5.jpeg

EC793DF8-BB34-4357-85C9-B27FA4902680.jpeg

GOAT Turbo 911 generation. :pimp:

Someone say otherwise.

It's the GOAT due to how much fheseyare worth now, but after being around my buddy's '76 930 Turbo, THAT is the GOAT! There's a reason it was called "The Windowmaker".

PXL_20230413_180506217.jpg

It may be old, but once boost come on, I couldn't catch it on the back roads in a straight. Only weighs 2,4xx lbs and has 230 HP to the tires. It's QUICK!!

It's the GOAT due to how much fheseyare worth now, but after being around my buddy's '76 930 Turbo, THAT is the GOAT! There's a reason it was called "The Windowmaker".

PXL_20230413_180506217.jpg

It may be old, but once boost come on, I couldn't catch it on the back roads in a straight. Only weighs 2,4xx lbs and has 230 HP to the tires. It's QUICK!!

Its popular opinion its the best looking 911 gen. But yes, love that body style as well. The yellow one I posted pages back was gorgeous in person. RWB builds are also something else.

442A8C55-D953-4775-94B4-4BAA1CE0FC5D.jpeg
51E216CD-EEC1-425E-B2D6-90CD5D35C1CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom