\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

..but you paid near twice as much for foundationally the same truck?
huh-what.gif

IF YOU SAY SO.

Never sold a car before but looking to sell my supra since I'm coming up on copping a home in the bay and every bit counts. Best route to go? Ideally some mix of best deal / minimal headache

anybody in here have an audi a5 or s5?

Looking to hear some thoughts/takes on them. And other cars in that class of vehicle

I like the wheels but adapters is something I don’t f with. It has to have the right bolt pattern, hub bore size and offset for me to even consider.
personally i wouldnt run adapters/spacers either i seen too many fail on track :lol: but if you dont do any performance driving you should be ok

First person ive heard call an NSX overrated. :lol:
Not the first time I’ve heard it, normally ppl who haven’t driven one and just look at the numbers feel that way. Everyone has there preferences, I’m the only person I know that thinks hellcats/demons etc are overpriced/overrated

Not the first time I’ve heard it, normally ppl who haven’t driven one and just look at the numbers feel that way. Everyone has there preferences, I’m the only person I know that thinks hellcats/demons etc are overpriced/overrated

What do you think Hellcats/Demons should be priced at MSRP wise?

There was a guy in my neighborhood who had one that was friends with my cousin. I think this was in the mid 2000s so i got a close look at it many times. No I’ve never driven one but I wouldn’t expect to be wow’d by its powertrain. The design was ahead of its time and that’s probably why it has such a following but overall it does nothing for me.
I also was in high school when Supras and NSX’s were being sold new so I remember passing by dealerships and seeing them on lots.
I can understand the attraction to a Supra more than a NSX.
Dodge changed the game with the introduction of the Hellcat and they’re the sole reason we’re seeing the some of the high horsepower numbers we’re seeing today throughout the model lines of all manufacturers. I prefer the Charger(even the 392 version) and wouldn’t mind buying one if they weren’t such a target for theft. They also seem to attract a douchy crowd.

My personal favorite of the 90s era is the 3000GT VR4. In particular the 1999 that had the “combat wing”. I remember pulling into a Mitsubishi lot and they had 4 of them sitting next to each other. My gf at the time had an SL 3000GT so it was not unusual of us to stop in to see what was on the lot.

So to respond to your statement.. you can be someone with car knowledge and not like the token “cool car” or “dream car”.

Last edited:
There was a guy in my neighborhood who had one that was friends with my cousin. I think this was in the mid 2000s so i got a close look at it many times. No I’ve never driven one but I wouldn’t expect to be wow’d by its powertrain. The design was ahead of its time and that’s probably why it has such a following but overall it does nothing for me.
I also was in high school when Supras and NSX’s were being sold new so I remember passing by dealerships and seeing them on lots.
Dodge changed the game with the introduction of the Hellcat and they’re the sole reason we’re seeing the some of the high horsepower numbers we’re seeing today throughout the model lines of all manufacturers. I prefer the Charger(even the 392 version) and wouldn’t mind buying one if they weren’t such a target for theft. They also seem to attract a douchy crowd.

My personal favorite of the 90s era is the 3000GT VR4. In particular the 1999 that had the “combat wing”. I remember pulling into a Mitsubishi lot and they had 4 of them sitting next to each other. My gf at the time had an SL 3000GT so it was not unusual of us to stop in to see what was on the lot.

So to respond to your statement.. you can be someone with car knowledge and not like the token “cool car” or “dream car”.

Fair, though the powertrain for the NSX was never its strong suit. It was the balanced nature of it. Ive never driven one, but thats what all the car reviewers say. A very balanced car with one of the best clutch and shifter actions ever.

3000GT's are very underrated. They do belong there with the upper echolon of 90's JDM cars. Not in the same tier as the 4 mentioned, but def up there.

So like my original post stated, “most ppl who make the statement you did has not driven one” and according to this post my statement was accurate. I wouldn’t expect anyone to be wowed by the power itself. It’s the balance of power, chassis , steering, manual transmission.

Ppl seem to rate vehicles on powertrain only ( like you with the hellcats) and it’s fools gold. The Gen 1 NSX is a textbook, definition of a driver’s car and that’s why it’s held in such high regard

Its not the car, its the owners. For what you're getting, its a steal. The Chargers would be the darlings of US cars if it weren't for "Put it in Sport Mode, bro!"

So like my original post stated, “most ppl who make the statement you did has not driven one” and according to this post my statement was accurate. I wouldn’t expect anyone to be wowed by the power itself. It’s the balance of power, chassis , steering, manual transmission.

Ppl seem to rate vehicles on powertrain only ( like you with the hellcats) and it’s fools gold. The Gen 1 NSX is a textbook, definition of a driver’s car and that’s why it’s held in such high regard
Senna was wrong

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom