\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Model S Plaid stock beating a Turbo S

NSX is my favorite car ever, not everybody is going to value aged goods the same

Forgot about that damn microwave. :lol:

Just watched carwow drag race between the two and an SF90 the Turbo S was last (Plaid 1st).

For being underpowered (by a lot) to those 2 the Porsche was right there. Id imagine what it could do with some more power.

I like the headlights but not the grill.

Umm, that isn't coming out. The Evos was a concept designed back from Frankfurt 2011, and the design language is what ultimately became the S550 Mustang. That video is such clickbait. I remember seeing the concept while working at my Ford dealer and learning it was solely a design exercise to show Ford's future design direction. The 2015 Mustang took cues from this to move away from retro styling. And with the exception of the Mustang, Ford is done making cars PERIOD! They are a truck & SUV company now. Unless things get really crazy, don't expect to see an actual Ford car (sedan or small hatch) again, which is rather sad.

Here's an article from Autoweek 2012! Like I said clickbait

Last edited:
Forgot about that damn microwave. :lol:

Just watched carwow drag race between the two and an SF90 the Turbo S was last (Plaid 1st).

For being underpowered (by a lot) to those 2 the Porsche was right there. Id imagine what it could do with some more power.
I was pretty sure but watched the same video before i posted to make sure lmao

I understand why people prefer engines vs electric.

But I also love being able to just floor an EV anytime and not having to worry about wear and tear. Just start it right up and hit the gas, zip around town without dealing with the effects of “driven hard” motors.

I’ll always own one, they have more pros than cons.

But I also love being able to just floor an EV anytime and not having to worry about wear and tear. Just start it right up and hit the gas, zip around town without dealing with the effects of “driven hard” motors.

Add that they ride super quiet and smooth as far as EV’s.. I’m still not to sold on getting one, tho

I get the appeal of electric, but as they say you cant replicate the feel of a manual its same with the sounds of a good car.

WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY SO SWAPPED ON THE TUBE DOORS AND TOOK THE ROOF OFF YESTERDAY FOR SOME CRUISING.

IMG_0442.jpeg
IMG_0441.jpeg

Im not that familiar with electric motors but from what I understand, its still a machine with moving parts. Would wear and tear be inevitable regardless?

That's why Im kinda skeptical about going to all electric car too soon. Its cost just as much to replace a battery as it does to buy a whole new car, which you know people are going to do. Then, what happens with the old car? I feel like we might create a whole new problem.

Im not that familiar with electric motors but from what I understand, its still a machine with moving parts. Would wear and tear be inevitable regardless?

That's why Im kinda skeptical about going to all electric car too soon. Its cost just as much to replace a battery as it does to buy a whole new car, which you know people are going to do. Then, what happens with the old car? I feel like we might create a whole new problem.

I don't know too much about battery technology but what happens when a battery has reached the end of its life? Can the unit or parts of it be recycled to be made into a new battery? Wonder if you can recoup some of the costs by turning in your old battery for a new one.

There are a number of cons with EVs and dare I say manufacturing them causes more damage to the environment than a gas powered vehicle. Most parts of a battery can’t be recycled so where so they end up? Landfill?

Since gas engines have been around for 150+ years the affects on the environment are more common knowledge.

It’s trendy to have an electric car right now especially a Tesla and for that reason alone many of the cons go ignored by consumers.

There are a number of cons with EVs and dare I say manufacturing them causes more damage to the environment than a gas powered vehicle. Most parts of a battery can’t be recycled so where so they end up? Landfill?

Since gas engines have been around for 150+ years the affects on the environment are more common knowledge.

It’s trendy to have an electric car right now especially a Tesla and for that reason alone many of the cons go ignored by consumers.
How are the chargers fueled is the only question anyone needs to ask to know this is just another scam.

Yet people keep overpaying to buy the same crap everyone else has

Both are bad, same way fuel has to get delivered to gas stations. The idea is what's important, and with time we can sort out the issues in terms of mining.

But again, that's just political arguments people think everyone cares about. I drive them because it's fun and the best useable power experience for a daily driver Just like i'd drive a duramax if I felt like it--and probably really enjoy it. You probably don't care much about the environment driving a raptor but love to bring it up when people mention EV's, lets be honest.

The wear and tear items are typically the suspension components, brakes and tires. Which I would consider regular maintenance items.

I can't floor my R8 or 911 all day, keep it in low gear constantly, then be surprised when the motor blows at 25k miles, that's what I mean.

That wouldn't even be a consideration in a Model S Plaid. Don't need to wait for an engine to warm up, reach proper temps etc. Just hop in and fly away.

Couldn't explain it properly through words, as everyone has their mind set on how they feel. But i've owned 7 electric cars in 4 years, have a proper understanding of them, and will continue to buy one as a daily alongside my sports cars.

Last edited:
drove a car with "self drive" last night from OC to LA and man its very convenient in terms of the braking and cruise control but the steering no me gusta :lol:

got me kinda shook a couple times
and my biggest fear was on an on ramp it doesn't really brake like a human does so it causes a lil worry but i can see how its useful

Both are bad, same way fuel has to get delivered to gas stations. The idea is what's important, and with time we can sort out the issues in terms of mining.

But again, that's just political arguments people think everyone cares about. I drive them because it's fun and the best useable power experience for a daily driver Just like i'd drive a duramax if I felt like it--and probably really enjoy it. You probably don't care much about the environment driving a raptor but love to bring it up when people mention EV's, lets be honest.

Google how the precious metals are mined.

Another thing is electric battery fires. As in what is needed to put one out and how long after the battery must be monitored because of its ability to reignite itself.

Electric vs gas is an endless debate that’s not as easy as just “there are more pros than cons” with X.

Back
Top Bottom