\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Google how the precious metals are mined.

Another thing is electric battery fires. As in what is needed to put one out and how long after the battery must be monitored because of its ability to reignite itself.

Electric vs gas is an endless debate that’s not as easy as just “there are more pros than cons” with X.

Today's scenario isn't the end-all-be-all of EV production, we are still in the alpha phase of how this technology will pan out for years to come.

Advancements will be made, and problems will be solved. The most important thing is the first step.

Everyone knows about mining and the issues they present, those problems prevail with or without EV production.

drove a car with "self drive" last night from OC to LA and man its very convenient in terms of the braking and cruise control but the steering no me gusta :lol:

got me kinda shook a couple times
and my biggest fear was on an on ramp it doesn't really brake like a human does so it causes a lil worry but i can see how its useful

The first time I used it I was pretty nervous also. Over time you kind of learn the deficiencies with it and intervene when you see a potential misstep.

I use it every time I drive my Tesla though, it's a gamechanger. If it wasn't for that feature, i'd sell my MYP and drive my EQS full time.

Today's scenario isn't the end-all-be-all of EV production, we are still in the alpha phase of how this technology will pan out for years to come.

Advancements will be made, and problems will be solved. The most important thing is the first step.

Everyone knows about mining and the issues they present, those problems prevail with or without EV production.
Gas has been used for 150+ years and we still have issues. Some will never be solved and that is why something like electric power is here. It seems like a temporary solution.

At least if the grid goes down you can line up at a diesel powered generator to charge up in the meantime.

How are the chargers fueled is the only question anyone needs to ask to know this is just another scam.

Yet people keep overpaying to buy the same crap everyone else has
Is an effort by a political group to push electric. Like some states including NY is banning gas stove for christ sakes. Wtf ..

Gas has been used for 150+ years and we still have issues. Some will never be solved and that is why something like electric power is here. It seems like a temporary solution.

At least if the grid goes down you can line up at a diesel powered generator to charge up in the meantime.

Lol never had an issue with the grid, wake up with a full charge every morning and plug in every night. I did have one instance where I forgot to plug it in and decided to take my gas car instead., even though I probably would've had enough juice anyways. That's pretty much the only time i've had an issue in terms of charging. Never even used a supercharger except to try it out.

So if youve owned 7 in 4 years what was wrong with the previous 6?

Buying cars gives me a dopamine rush.

ALL HAIL LORD ELON

IMG_6137.jpeg

Lol never had an issue with the grid, wake up with a full charge every morning and plug in every night. I did have one instance where I forgot to plug it in and decided to take my gas car instead., even though I probably would've had enough juice anyways. That's pretty much the only time i've had an issue in terms of charging. Never even used a supercharger except to try it out.

Buying cars gives me a dopamine rush.
You don’t have an issue until you have an issue. Then …you have an issue.

Power grids have failed in the past and it’ll happen again. If you avoid them then good for you.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/23/californias-lofty-climate-goals-clash-with-reality-00058466

You don’t have an issue until you have an issue. Then …you have an issue.

Power grids have failed in the past and it’ll happen again. If you avoid them then good for you.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/23/californias-lofty-climate-goals-clash-with-reality-00058466

Its kind of funny, I remember when this made it's rounds on mainstream media, but I really never even heard of it until then as a Californian. I think that bozo Newsom said we should conserve energy and monitor when we charge our cars or something of that nature, and the news ran with it as if EV's are straining the grid. I still kept my AC units at 72 and lived life as normal and nothing changed or happened, other than facebook was filled with crazies talking **** about CA again.

Its kind of funny, I remember when this made it's rounds on mainstream media, but I really never even heard of it until then as a Californian. I think that bozo Newsom said we should conserve energy and monitor when we charge our cars or something of that nature, and the news ran with it as if EV's are straining the grid. I still kept my AC units at 72 and lived life as normal and nothing changed or happened, other than facebook was filled with crazies talking **** about CA again.
We’ve had grid issues in Texas too so it’s not just a California thing. It happened here last two winters ago with people trying to heat their homes when the temps dropped and we got some snow. Some people lost power for over two weeks. It didn’t affect me since I didn’t live here yet but like I said …it can happen and does happen.

We’ve had grid issues in Texas too so it’s not just a California thing. It happened here last two winters ago with people trying to heat their homes when the temps dropped and we got some snow. Some people lost power for over two weeks. It didn’t affect me since I didn’t live here yet but like I said …it can happen and does happen.

yeah that was pretty crazy, I remember seeing peoples pipes burst on IG.

one of the reasons i don't plan to go electric
imagine dealing with these weird bozos when u want to charge ur car :lol:

I’m putting Ol boy to sleep with his energy idc about anything else tbh. Miss me with them comments disrespect is disrespect no matter age culture or ethnicity. I’ve put the beat downs on bigger for much less.

I understand why people prefer engines vs electric.

But I also love being able to just floor an EV anytime and not having to worry about wear and tear. Just start it right up and hit the gas, zip around town without dealing with the effects of “driven hard” motors.

I’ll always own one, they have more pros than cons.
I won’t buy another vehicle until that ELECTRIC TAHOE drops. Was waiting for the Silverado RS but, that’s just not it. Saw that Ram and completely moved on. It will be an EV that’s for sure. Will be the very last brand new vehicle that I ever buy God Willing

I’ve probably said it before in this thread, but the most annoying thing about driving an EV is that nearly everyone thinks it’s some kind of statement. People love to tell you how it “actually isn’t that much better for the environment even…” and stuff like that. It’s like being a vegan or doing crossfit, except the opposite. Instead of you telling everyone, everyone has to say something to you. Even worse is when people feel like they need to justify their excessive cars with practical utilitarian explanations when the truth is most of us are just driving the coolest thing we can afford or what brings us the most joy. Let people live.

Last edited:
Idc how many milliseconds that Model S MIGHT beat a Turbo S that’s an easy decision and you take the S always. That steak analogy was perfect by SonofSal SonofSal on the comparison :lol:
To each their own, i just couldnt let that false statement live lol. It’s funny you make one factual statement and a band of weirdos come out to hate EVs lol (not necessarily you, this goes for any public discussion). Reminds me of when the iphone came out and i was hating saying it was trash and i want to stick with my physical keyboard

Personally im taking the plaid. Faster and way more versatile

Id probably take a Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo over the 911 as well.

Last edited:
I’ve probably said it before in this thread, but the most annoying thing about driving an EV is that nearly everyone thinks it’s some kind of statement. People love to tell you how it “actually isn’t that much better for the environment even…” and stuff like that. It’s like being a vegan or doing crossfit, except the opposite. Instead of you telling everyone, everyone has to say something to you. Even worse is when people feel like they need to justify their excessive cars with practical utilitarian explanations when the truth is most of us are just driving the coolest thing we can afford or what brings us the most joy. Let people live.
well its because there is a cult of tesla owners :lol:

in my own family i got ppl who think elon ish don't stink and its annoying and also a reason im not a fan of a tesla
along with the cheap materials the car uses and the shiddy ride quality
yeah cool i save a couple bucks on gas and it has nice torque to but doesn't make me hard tbh

Would it be worth trading my 911 for a 600LT?

I feel like 911 prices are still overly inflated due to price increases, and I have an opportunity to get into a Mclaren on the cheap.

Ideally I would like another 911, but the prices are pretty outrageous. A similar 992 Targa GTS would be like 80k more than the value of my 991.2, and I doubt it would make me feel any different.

I feel like 911 prices are still overly inflated due to price increases, and I have an opportunity to get into a Mclaren on the cheap.

Ideally I would like another 911, but the prices are pretty outrageous. A similar 992 Targa GTS would be like 80k more than the value of my 991.2, and I doubt it would make me feel any different.

IMO, I would keep the 911 you have but that's just me. Although, they are two different style of cars so if you want that more "exotic" experience, then I can see the appeal of moving over. There are so many Mclaren models now that they're staring to blur the lines a bit car to car. When you say cheap, how cheap?

Also between 991 and 992, it's not worth it IMO to jump up for $80k. You get all the new tech but if you're after performance, you can easily tune the 991.2 to bump up the numbers.

Last edited:

If it were me, I wouldn't do it for multiple reasons. First, have you driven a 600LT? If not, you won't like the ride. Coming from friends who have McLarens (12C, 650S, McLaren GT) they say the ride is so harsh, it feels like the car has no suspension. If you are used to that ride in the 911, it's gonna jar you big time (unless you like that kind of ride).

2nd, the quality of McLarens are well documented. They are not good in reliability (this is not me saying, but friends who own them and people in the car business who see it daily). 5-figure service bills are not irregular on their cars. At least with your 911, they are pretty solid. And also, certain McLarens just drop in value. How much is the LT you are looking at? I'm no Porschephile by any means (though a bunch of my friends are HUGE Porsche geeks) so if I would rather have one vs a McLaren, that's saying something, lol

Last edited:
The Only Tesla that interests me is the Plaid and the track pack or whatever they call it. Since the price dropped its a cool and useful 5 door. I’m still scared of quality issues and Elon doesn’t like people like me lol. As a daily would be nice except the size would make parking tougher downtown.

Been driving this for 4 months now with about 1,200 miles on it and as a daily it’s perfect. Quicker than most, same Lexus quality, rides higher than a car but not high as a crossover. Tons of utility and I like the features. The range is on the low end but I only drive 10-20 miles most days and even when I drive 100 miles or so i’m fine. If it’s an only car it would be a worry.

To be able to just go home and plug it in the wall is awesome. The electric bill hasn’t moved. I get Teslas popularity now especially with their supercharger network for those that use it as an only car.

Thinking going white or black and modding it.
IMG_9364.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom