\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

well my absolute dream car would be a M5 but im saving for a 335i and that’s my goal, that’s what im working towards

A 335i? That last year for 335 was like idk 2013-14 before they switched over to the 340 nameplate. So unless you mean an m340i which are :pimp: dont get an older 335i.

A 335i? That last year for 335 was like idk 2013-14 before they switched over to the 340 nameplate. So unless you mean an m340i which are :pimp: dont get an older 335i.
yeah a 335i, cause 340’s are about $25k

i would be okay with getting a 2015 335 cause it’s only 9 years old. unless yall would suggest against that

How should one go about purchasing an Emira? Also any comment on why one might want auto vs manual?

I like them but I feel like you'd know more about them than my local lotus dealership (Galpin).
ADVERTISEMENT​
Dealers are starting to get their stock, possibly some unclaimed cars also if you don’t want to wait, just make sure you aren’t paying any dealer mark up.

I went with the V6 manual, but if I was going auto I’d wait for the AMG, it’s supposed to be the better performer of the three options…

I ended up swapping to the black badges to stand out as a lot of blue Emiras are starting to come stateside.
IMG_2647.jpeg

yeah a 335i, cause 340’s are about $25k

i would be okay with getting a 2015 335 cause it’s only 9 years old. unless yall would suggest against that

Eh, not a bad car and while the N55 engine is good it aint the b58 which is stellar. Id avoid it honestly. Little things here and there are gonna add up, plus remember now youre gonna be using premium fuel and insurance will be higher for you. A 2018 330i (obv m340i if you could swing it) would be better. Such a huge improvement over that gen.

How should one go about purchasing an Emira? Also any comment on why one might want auto vs manual?

I like them but I feel like you'd know more about them than my local lotus dealership (Galpin).

Hey buddy, thanks for the compliment. Yeah, most places don't know what they are selling. And that boggles my mind. Sadly, you can't order a First Edition manual, as they are sold out in terms of actually building one to spec (and spec it's not many options as it's mainly all inclusive, besides color and interior, upper black pack vs color roof and wheel/caliper color). There are cars sitting at dealer lots but most will either be First Edition 2.0s with the newer MSRP of around 109 plus a most likely ADM. If you find a 1.0 with the cheaper MSRP of 96, most dealers are marking them up to equal the 2.0 cars. You may find an actual good dealer who has an orphaned 1.0 for the actual original MSRP (it's happened on EmiraForum).

It's possible A dealer out there may have a single allocation for a manual build but from what I have seen, very unlikely. They are building the automatic cars now. And just be aware it's NOT a dual clutch for the V6. It's a normal torque converter auto. I drove an auto Evora GT and it was actually pretty fun. Now I would never buy an auto as long as I have no issues. But for some, they don't want to deal with a clutch.

Supposedly the base V6 manuals are going to be able to be ordered by fall *possibly*. This is a car with a bunch of stuff taken out so it's cheaper. Personally that's what I would order. Don't need power seats, or memory seats, or any excess tech. Will be interesting to see what they come with.

I would go with the manual 100%. It's the last gas powered Lotus manual as the AMG Turbo 4 is dual clutch. If you love driving there is nothing better than a manual Lotus. Especially the sound the V6 makes. Any more questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. 👍👍

Eh, not a bad car and while the N55 engine is good it aint the b58 which is stellar. Id avoid it honestly. Little things here and there are gonna add up, plus remember now youre gonna be using premium fuel and insurance will be higher for you. A 2018 330i (obv m340i if you could swing it) would be better. Such a huge improvement over that gen.
gotcha okay. someone from my work was telling me the other day that it would probably be a good idea to buy as new of a year as i can afford like a 2017-2019 but ill be looking at 330i’s. (definitely don’t think i could afford a m340 lol)

Need a more detailed review. What would you say was very humbling about it? Dope color.
The humbling part was that I realize how flashy materialistic things like a car aren’t really my style. The attention I was getting wasn’t comfortable, also. I understand it’s yellow, but the reaction/attention I was getting were a bit overwhelming.

As far as my review, that car is FAST! What’s crazy is, this is just the base engine with the Z51 package. It seems like you can get to 80 mph in no time lol. For it to be a low clearance height sports car, it takes bumps extremely well and it rides smoother than I thought. I think it maybe the adaptive suspension for that. I wouldn’t do it, but it could easily be an everyday driver. I like how you can raise the front end if the car when it is about to hit a massive pothole.

I’m 6’4” and surprisingly, I can fit lol. The only grip with that is, getting in and out can be a bit of a tough task lol. Of course, it’s not going to have much leg room, but it’s definitely doable for my height.

Lastly, my gripe is the quality of the interior. Although it looks nice from afar, but it’s a super cheap feeling as far as the quality. Lots of cheap plastics.

Overall, fun car to drive and the engine grawl is dope! Just don’t like the attention I was getting. Definitely not a car I would drive everyday. Definitely a gas guzzler too lol

Drove my Accord and LS back to back earlier today

Not a surprise but just a hilarious contrast in ride quality in two 20 yr old sedans :lol:

To the accord's credit it is on all original suspension components at 200k miles while the LS is on its second air suspension under 100k

any 4th gen 4Runner owners in here? i'm debating on picking one up and selling my F82 while i wait for a G80 allocation.

Drove my Accord and LS back to back earlier today

Not a surprise but just a hilarious contrast in ride quality in two 20 yr old sedans :lol:

To the accord's credit it is on all original suspension components at 200k miles while the LS is on its second air suspension under 100k
When I was a looking at the LS, I think folks had a budget path to swap out the air suspension after failure? Trying to remember.

When I was a looking at the LS, I think folks had a budget path to swap out the air suspension after failure? Trying to remember.

You can swap to a regular suspension setup fairly easily, which is my plan whenever the air suspension goes

Pretty sure it's as simple as swapping out the struts and unplugging the air compressor

A shockingly inexpensive conversion given the cost of oem parts for this car

Is it safe to say the 4Runner is the most reliable and durable SUV on the Toyota line up? Hence, the absolutely amazing resale value?

My boy's new whip :pimp:. Sheesh, this thing is insane. The ambient lighting 👌, soft close doors, peanut butter interior. He has it wrapped & will be painting the calipers soon & possibly the wheels too. I told him let the wheels rock for now. He had the Model X & hated it so traded it in for this beaut.
20240525_163342.jpg
20240525_163401.jpg
20240525_163444.jpg
20240525_163452.jpg
20240525_163458.jpg
20240525_163509.jpg

Back
Top Bottom