\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The technology they implemented with hybrid battery feeding the turbo is brilliant.

Porsche is killing it right now

They are. The purist etc will hate on the design and engineering initially but come around eventually.

I see Porsche broke tradition with the Targa off the rip. This new 992.2 is hard all around :pimp:.

They are. The purist etc will hate on the design and engineering initially but come around eventually.

I see Porsche broke tradition with the Targa off the rip. This new 992.2 is hard all around :pimp:.

Honestly, it's meh to me. Yeah, performance is crazy for the GTS vs the outgoing model and I'm sure it's a great car, but they do all look the same (excluding GT models) and to me, it's not special enough.

Last edited:
Was browsing cargurus. Didn't know the AMG GTs depreciate like regular benzes.

i had the WORST time selling my GTC recently. still prefer them over the 911, but wish I would have just gotten a GTR instead of settling for the C. Had two GTS's before that that I had no issue selling at all so I think it was just the market coming down in general for all cars.

I've been kind of getting tired of cars I think. No matter what I get, there's always something better out there so I never feel satisfied. That being said, I am considering trading in my g squared for this huracan evo. it's rwd though and I was trying to find an awd one. if I don't feel satisfied after this, then i'll probably just stop buying cars and stick to a 5 series or something as a daily forever.

1717034607319.png

1717034632612.png

i definitely share the sentiment about losing interest in cars. i don't think i'm quite at the level of disinterest as you, but i agree that the desire to always want something better/newer is ruining the experience. i think that having the means to obtain what you want also makes it boring(?), bc there is no chase.

that said, i actually just sold my F82 M4 to Carvana. hardly drove it (10k miles in 2 years), and Carvana is giving me $5k more than KBB. i drop it off this afternoon. a G80 M3 is pretty much a lock to be the next move, but i'm in no rush.

When you say "something better", what do you mean? Do you want the fastest car? The nicest looking car? The best driving experience.

When you say "something better", what do you mean? Do you want the fastest car? The nicest looking car? The best driving experience.

all of the above, i suppose. it changes. you drive a SUV for a while, you may want something smaller and faster. you drive that for a while, but then you want the ground clearance of a SUV. you see the new Porsche reveal, and now you want an allocation for a 911. you do all the mods you want on your car, and now you want another build, etc.

Just got a job at a GMC/Chevy dealership! If we sell 15 cars a month we get to demo a car for a month, so I look forward to posting plenty of new cars I dont actuallt own. :wink:

Good luck buddy. And God bless you as well. There is absolutely ZERO chance I would do that job again unless I absolutely positively had no other alternative. It wrecked my life in more ways than one. And at the end of the day, while they may say otherwise, dealership salespeople are just a number.

But if you want to be successful in that business, DO NOT do ANYTHING some of the older guys are doing. And learn your product from front to back. If that means sitting in a car for 20 minutes just absorbing how things works, so be it. Product knowledge is one of the best ways to differentiate yourself from a salesperson down the street. Trust me on that. And definitely don't fall into the "coffee machine crew". I always found that follow up was the key to A LOT of success.

If someone comes in but doesn't buy that day, send them an actual card in the mail thanking them for stopping in. Why a card? An email can go to spam and is simply not personable. But a card that says "thanks for stopping in" with your card inside and a little 2 sentence thank you note? That takes time and shows the customer you care enough to take the time to write out a little note. Those cards are available anywhere online. If you need any questions answered, let me know. I'm more than welcome to help in any way. 👍👍

i had the WORST time selling my GTC recently. still prefer them over the 911, but wish I would have just gotten a GTR instead of settling for the C. Had two GTS's before that that I had no issue selling at all so I think it was just the market coming down in general for all cars.

I've been kind of getting tired of cars I think. No matter what I get, there's always something better out there so I never feel satisfied. That being said, I am considering trading in my g squared for this huracan evo. it's rwd though and I was trying to find an awd one. if I don't feel satisfied after this, then i'll probably just stop buying cars and stick to a 5 series or something as a daily forever.

1717034607319.png

1717034632612.png

This Huracan Evo is straight fire :wow: . If in the back of your mind you already know the excitement factor is going to wear off real quick then itll happen with this too :lol:. Theres always going to be something nicer, faster and better out there for you. I mean what if you cop this then someone else pulls up in a SF90 etc your going to want that too :lol: .

Yeah literally every couple months there’s going to be something better than what you bought :lol: . Don’t worry about it and just make sure whatever you buy/lease puts a smile on your face when you hop in it or look at it. That’s what matters the most.

1717034607319.png

1717034632612.png
GT3RS
literally nothing better
not even a keonisegg or pagani

GT3RS that is the endgame

GT3RS
literally nothing better

Id rather a GT3 than an RS. Stick gang.

Plus, you can daily a GT3 (if youre young and dont have back pain :lol:) idk if you could say the same about an RS. Thats just a street legal track car. Also I think this gen RS is just way overstyled (though obviously functional).

Also typing all this as I sit in my Accord. :pimp:

Thanks for the heads up... I have almost 15 years of sales experience, so Im not worried in the least.

Auto experience? I ask as I've worked with people who sold other products before and didn't make the transition because they rested on their "sales" laurels and half-assed it. Product knowledge and empathy in auto sales is KEY! Act like how people perceive salespeople are and it's an uphill battle. Show empathy and a willingness to go the extra mile to help clients and you will go far. Good luck buddy.

Id rather a GT3 than an RS. Stick gang.

Plus, you can daily a GT3 (if youre young and dont have back pain :lol:) idk if you could say the same about an RS. Thats just a street legal track car. Also I think this gen RS is just way overstyled (though obviously functional).

Also typing all this as I sit in my Accord. :pimp:
I mean we were talking about best car on the market

but to ur point gt3 without the carbon buckets is easy BUTTTTT
that aero is not overstyling
as someone who has driven both i can say they are very different cars

This Huracan Evo is straight fire :wow: . If in the back of your mind you already know the excitement factor is going to wear off real quick then itll happen with this too :lol:. Theres always going to be something nicer, faster and better out there for you. I mean what if you cop this then someone else pulls up in a SF90 etc your going to want that too :lol: .

This is where I shake my head. Cars and driving in general is not all about the fastest thing out there. Being honest, there are so many cars that are literally too fast for the streets and one cannot experience the car at its 10/10th because it has 750, 800 or 1,000 hp. I have found that it's more fun to drive a car with less power that allows you to use most of, if not all the power vs a super high-hp car that you can't even use 70% because it will either put you in jail or kill you.

That's why these 2,000 hp hypercars are great to see, from an engineering side but i would NOT want one if I had millions upon millions. I'd rather have an eclectic collection of unique cars that are just fun to drive and are far more useable on the roads. 👍

GT3RS
literally nothing better

Not for me. I'll take a 2006 Ford GT in Heritage Blue/Epic Orange. That is my endgame. But with how much they are worth today, and the fact parts are becoming a PITA to get, I would rather make up a cool Lotus & TVR collection that would consist of about 6 or 7 cars for the price of one Ford GT (and have a nicen6-figure chunk of change left over to build a killer garage to put them in). Variety is the spice of life. 👍

I've been kind of getting tired of cars I think. No matter what I get, there's always something better out there so I never feel satisfied.
I got the remedy fam.

CLASSICS >>>>>

If you're into newer cars you're constantly playing catchup with the refreshes and redesigns and yes can leave you feeling never satisfied since the latest and greatest is around the corner. Its a retail cycle.

Choose the right classic and it will appreciate for you.

Never goes out of style, and just get better year after year like a fine wine.

1717034607319.png

1717034632612.png
You ever consider getting a Batmobile? Preferably the 1989 Michael Keaton one. In my opinion, that is THE CAR of ALL CARS! I don't think you'll ever get bored of it. You can be w.e. it is You are in the day & by night be a chill vigilante crimefighter. Dress up as a bat & rule the streets. This can be you
ekn20g9ol6081.jpg
d438a22fb0888204419010138d4ae729.jpg
0x1wf16rfew61.jpg

This is where I shake my head. Cars and driving in general is not all about the fastest thing out there. Being honest, there are so many cars that are literally too fast for the streets and one cannot experience the car at its 10/10th because it has 750, 800 or 1,000 hp. I have found that it's more fun to drive a car with less power that allows you to use most of, if not all the power vs a super high-hp car that you can't even use 70% because it will either put you in jail or kill you.

That's why these 2,000 hp hypercars are great to see, from an engineering side but i would NOT want one if I had millions upon millions. I'd rather have an eclectic collection of unique cars that are just fun to drive and are far more useable on the roads. 👍

Agree but what I was referring to was just all around everything about a car. The next car is going to always have something you might be more excited about then your current. I’m all the way straight on having the fastest car. Rather have a good fun driving experience plus I’m more of how the car handles then just pure raw power.

You ever consider getting a Batmobile? Preferably the 1989 Michael Keaton one. In my opinion, that is THE CAR of ALL CARS! I don't think you'll ever get bored of it. You can be w.e. it is You are in the day & by night be a chill vigilante crimefighter. Dress up as a bat & rule the streets. This can be you
ekn20g9ol6081.jpg
d438a22fb0888204419010138d4ae729.jpg
0x1wf16rfew61.jpg

Person who designed this deserve a lifetime design achievement award for this. Classic

Person who designed this deserve a lifetime design achievement award for this. Classic
1,000 %. When I say this IS THE CAR OF ALL CARS! I literally mean it. I do not care if there's a Reventon/La Ferrari/Duesenberg/Veyron or Cheyron/KITT/KARR/Chrysler Turbine Car/Detomaso Pantera/DeLorean time machine etc parked next to it 100 out of 10 times I will go nutsssss over this Batmobile. Nothing comes close to presence, aggressiveness, design or the look-at-me factor. It is my GOAT 🐐 car.

The things I would do to attain this car someday, man oh man I can't put it into words.

Honestly, it's meh to me. Yeah, performance is crazy for the GTS vs the outgoing model and I'm sure it's a great car, but they do all look the same (excluding GT models) and to me, it's not special enough.

The standard 911s (Base, S, GTS) aren't meant to be very "Special". It's an under the radar, more conservative styled sports car that can be driven as a daily and still provide really good performance. If you want that special car, you get the GT3, GT3RS or if god is willing, a 918 type Supercar. You make it seem like the announced GTS is suppose to directly compete against the top Ferrari/Lambos of the world which is it isn't intended to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom