\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Auto experience? I ask as I've worked with people who sold other products before and didn't make the transition because they rested on their "sales" laurels and half-assed it. Product knowledge and empathy in auto sales is KEY! Act like how people perceive salespeople are and it's an uphill battle. Show empathy and a willingness to go the extra mile to help clients and you will go far. Good luck buddy.

11.5 years in jewelry, the rest in phones and home theater... so yeah, I know something about empathy and follow up. My goal is to get one of those Chevy rings next year for selling 100 new cars.

Couple of CF bits for the Wagon, d*mn those Memorial Day Sales :smh: :lol:

IMG_5080.jpeg

IMG_5078.jpeg

GN got a full engine detail, exterior wash, wax, polish the works. Came out great for the paint being so sh*tty...but she ready for the annual Buicks @ Bates show in Escondido.
Finally got my sounds put in a couple weeks ago too...man it was painful to roll for 3 years with no music but my phone speakers :lol:

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.37.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.37.20 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.37.37 PM.png

Yeah cannot relate at all to “car fatigue”. Always had something I still enjoyed when it came time to sell. Sometimes many years later

The exception is probably my current beater :lol: Which is an objectively great car and has served its purpose many times over

Agree but what I was referring to was just all around everything about a car. The next car is going to always have something you might be more excited about then your current. I’m all the way straight on having the fastest car. Rather have a good fun driving experience plus I’m more of how the car handles then just pure raw power.

What you referred to is EXACTLY why I wouldn't buy a new Mustang GT. Sure it will be faster than my 2006, and have more stuff, but it's also a lot heavier, and after driving one recently, doesn't feel as fast as I would have thought. Plus for how much a loaded GT costs? Yeah heck no. For not much more $$$ I'll find my Lotus Evora GT and keep my Mustang. Perfect 2-car garage. 👍

that said, i actually just sold my F82 M4 to Carvana. hardly drove it (10k miles in 2 years), and Carvana is giving me $5k more than KBB. i drop it off this afternoon. a G80 M3 is pretty much a lock to be the next move, but i'm in no rush.

selling to Carvana was such a great experience. uploaded pictures of my DL and signed everything online. they have a drop off that's about 5 miles from my house. they plugged in an OBD scanner to look for any codes and completed a visual inspection in maybe 10 minutes. the associate handed me a check and that was it.

I know there's always better cars out there. huracan is probably the top end of my budget so that's as good as it's ever going to get. I did almost buy a stage 3 488 with full darwin pro aero a couple of months ago for a stupid low price, but someone snagged it right before I could.

i've had 24 cars over the years including multiple c63's, two amg gts's, an amg gtc, m3's, m5's, a gt-r, and currently have a c7z06 just for track use. I have never had a porsche (besides my wife's macan s) for whatever reason. I do think the 992 is one of the best looking cars ever made, but I definitely can't afford a gt3rs lol. gt3 is sick too, but I don't think it's so far and away better than my amg gtc was that i'd be content with it long term.

when I was younger, it was awesome and i'd be washing whatever I had every weekend. I bought my g squared in november and just washed it for the first time today actually.

IMG_0541.jpeg

I just think maybe the passion isn't there anymore and i'm just wasting money chasing and hoping i'll find it again.

11.5 years in jewelry, the rest in phones and home theater... so yeah, I know something about empathy and follow up. My goal is to get one of those Chevy rings next year for selling 100 new cars.
Chevy still does that? I'm surprised being they always cut back. Hell, Ford didn't do anything for the salespeople for the last, I dunno 10 years of me working there. And I easily sold over 125+ to 150+ new cars a year. They want you on give up everything for what? 😞

I know there's always better cars out there. huracan is probably the top end of my budget so that's as good as it's ever going to get. I did almost buy a stage 3 488 with full darwin pro aero a couple of months ago for a stupid low price, but someone snagged it right before I could.

i've had 24 cars over the years including multiple c63's, two amg gts's, an amg gtc, m3's, m5's, a gt-r, and currently have a c7z06 just for track use. I have never had a porsche (besides my wife's macan s) for whatever reason. I do think the 992 is one of the best looking cars ever made, but I definitely can't afford a gt3rs lol. gt3 is sick too, but I don't think it's so far and away better than my amg gtc was that i'd be content with it long term.

when I was younger, it was awesome and i'd be washing whatever I had every weekend. I bought my g squared in november and just washed it for the first time today actually.

IMG_0541.jpeg

I just think maybe the passion isn't there anymore and i'm just wasting money chasing and hoping i'll find it again.
as someone thats driven both the gtc and the gt3
i can tell you it is MILES better than ur gtc
idk what kinda guy you are but if you enjoy stick, drive the gt3 with carbon buckets and a manual and you will guarantee nut

im not a porsche fanboy by anymeans, but those nerds in germany really know how to build a car better than anyone else

Last edited:
Saw something that made me do a double take when I drove by it.

PXL_20240529_185953791.MP.jpg
PXL_20240529_190002890.MP.jpg
PXL_20240529_190119617.MP.jpg

1991 NSX Convertible! 🤔🤦🏻‍♂️ Checked the VIN and the 10th digit was an "M" which correlates 1991 model year. Why does one would do this to these cars is beyond me. Just made a car that had more value with a top, worth a lot less. Owner walked out as I was taking pics and was about to pull away. Told him it's a cool looking car and such. Didn't even say "thank you" when I gave his car some complements. Total Richard! 🤬 When you have a car like this, it's gonna become a conversation starter, so be prepared to chat with people when you have it out.

Im sure its been pointed out that chopping the top off was a terrible...TERRIBLE idea multiple times. He probably thought you were taking pictures of it so reddit can roast it. I hope they didn't JUST chop off the top.

Saw something that made me do a double take when I drove by it.

PXL_20240529_185953791.MP.jpg
PXL_20240529_190002890.MP.jpg
PXL_20240529_190119617.MP.jpg

1991 NSX Convertible! 🤔🤦🏻‍♂️ Checked the VIN and the 10th digit was an "M" which correlates 1991 model year. Why does one would do this to these cars is beyond me. Just made a car that had more value with a top, worth a lot less. Owner walked out as I was taking pics and was about to pull away. Told him it's a cool looking car and such. Didn't even say "thank you" when I gave his car some complements. Total Richard! 🤬 When you have a car like this, it's gonna become a conversation starter, so be prepared to chat with people when you have it out.
perhaps just perhaps someone else did the chopping and he was able to snag it for a deal, wouldn't blame him for that

The humbling part was that I realize how flashy materialistic things like a car aren’t really my style. The attention I was getting wasn’t comfortable, also. I understand it’s yellow, but the reaction/attention I was getting were a bit overwhelming.

As far as my review, that car is FAST! What’s crazy is, this is just the base engine with the Z51 package. It seems like you can get to 80 mph in no time lol. For it to be a low clearance height sports car, it takes bumps extremely well and it rides smoother than I thought. I think it maybe the adaptive suspension for that. I wouldn’t do it, but it could easily be an everyday driver. I like how you can raise the front end if the car when it is about to hit a massive pothole.

I’m 6’4” and surprisingly, I can fit lol. The only grip with that is, getting in and out can be a bit of a tough task lol. Of course, it’s not going to have much leg room, but it’s definitely doable for my height.

Lastly, my gripe is the quality of the interior. Although it looks nice from afar, but it’s a super cheap feeling as far as the quality. Lots of cheap plastics.

Overall, fun car to drive and the engine grawl is dope! Just don’t like the attention I was getting. Definitely not a car I would drive everyday. Definitely a gas guzzler too lol
Were you being challenged to street race a lot? Did you get more attention from women or men?-Yes, that's a serious question.

It is pretty low but nice that the suspension evens things out over bumps. Does it have that feature where you can drop a 📌 in the smart system for a certain address & when you come back to said address next time it knows to raise the front? Like a driveway or speedbump situation? I know some supermarket have that feature, which is kind of neat.

Yeah I was going to say we're the same height so getting in & out of these kinds of cars is a bit of a pain sometimes, lol. Enough room for you with the seat pushed all the way back? I'm surprised about the quality of the interior 🤔.

In pics & videos it looks pretty high quality & soft touch but obviously reality can be very different. I think American interiors have came a long way from 2010s. Still nowhere near the best but definitely not the worst plastic fantastic like it used to be either.

The attention you were getting...did you not like it in regards to the car getting stolen & you yourself becoming a target? If so, I totally get that stance. We live in a world where we just can't have anything nice anymore be it cars, houses, phones, jewelery, certain dog breeds the list goes on & on with that.

Yeah, definitely not a daily driver candidate, lol. What was your avg mpg? I'm going to guess between 9-15 on a good day. Thanks for your review 👍. My dad mentions he might look into a Corvette post retirement so all info helps.

Im sure its been pointed out that chopping the top off was a terrible...TERRIBLE idea multiple times. He probably thought you were taking pictures of it so reddit can roast it. I hope they didn't JUST chop off the top.

perhaps just perhaps someone else did the chopping and he was able to snag it for a deal, wouldn't blame him for that

He didn't see me taking pics. But he didn't even know the company's who did the conversion way back in the day. He had to check the license plate frame that had the name of it (which I found out later isn't who did the work). Would have thought you would know that tidbit being how rare it is.

For info, the conversion was done by Newport Convertible Engineering in California. Wings West sells all kinds of NSX parts. And I found more info on NCE vs Wings West when it came to the actual work. It seems that this company will turn basically any car into a convertible (they have a Urus convertible on their site 🤦🏻‍♂️). And I know not everyone is a car person. But it's frankly sad when someone tires to fake it.

Oh and like you said tr1ll tr1ll Yes chopping the roof off is a HORRENDOUSLY TERRIBLE idea.

Were you being challenged to street race a lot? Did you get more attention from women or men?-Yes, that's a serious question.

It is pretty low but nice that the suspension evens things out over bumps. Does it have that feature where you can drop a 📌 in the smart system for a certain address & when you come back to said address next time it knows to raise the front? Like a driveway or speedbump situation? I know some supermarket have that feature, which is kind of neat.

Yeah I was going to say we're the same height so getting in & out of these kinds of cars is a bit of a pain sometimes, lol. Enough room for you with the seat pushed all the way back? I'm surprised about the quality of the interior 🤔.

In pics & videos it looks pretty high quality & soft touch but obviously reality can be very different. I think American interiors have came a long way from 2010s. Still nowhere near the best but definitely not the worst plastic fantastic like it used to be either.

The attention you were getting...did you not like it in regards to the car getting stolen & you yourself becoming a target? If so, I totally get that stance. We live in a world where we just can't have anything nice anymore be it cars, houses, phones, jewelery, certain dog breeds the list goes on & on with that.

Yeah, definitely not a daily driver candidate, lol. What was your avg mpg? I'm going to guess between 9-15 on a good day. Thanks for your review 👍. My dad mentions he might look into a Corvette post retirement so all info helps.
As far as getting attention, it was more so people I don’t really mess with reaching out to me knowing I don’t speak to them at all.

Yeah, it has the GPS pinpoint where the pothole is located and it automatically rises up when it comes back to that location. All you have to do is, rise the car up by pressing the button and on the dash, it will say, “remember location”. You won’t have to press the button ever again.

As far as the interior room, yeah, you have a decent amount of space. I was more surprised by the headroom. It’s definitely tight as far as legroom, but you just have to raise the steering wheel at its highest and raise the seat at its lowest for us tall people to fit decent and to get in and out of the car. Yeah, the seat definitely has to be all the way back, also.

The interior is definitely on the cheap side. I was surprised because I thought the same as you, soft to the touch, NOPE! Lol. It’s hard plastic. The seats seem to be good quality. It was suede and leather(GT seats). Heated and cool seats too.

To go in more detail about the attention, it was definitely more of a target of getting carjacked, robbed, and etc. It’s yellow, so of course it’s going to stand out. You really feel people staring at you just driving by people. It’s cool at first, but it became uncomfortable because you don’t know what people are plotting when you ride pass people in a flashy car like that. If I were to get one to own, I’ll definitely get a more subtle color.

As far as MPG, I was getting like, 12 mpg lol. I never drove 100 mph on any car until I drive the vette LOL. That car is really fast and the 0-60 is very accurate too lol. 2.9 seconds on a base engine lol. Insane! Lol.

The owner of the car was really cool too. I took the car back this passed Monday. Definitely going to see if I can rent a Z06, but won’t be no time soon. I’ve always loved the Corvette since the C6(I like the older generations too. Preferably the C1 and C2)and always wanted to drive one, so bad lol. Dealers would not let me test drive them when I asked, so I used turo and the rest is history lol. It’s been on my bucket list for years lol. Next car I’m renting is a Cadillac Escalade lol. Always wanted to drive one.

You’re welcome, just wanted to help out anyone who cared lol.

Here are some bonus pics before I dropped it off.

IMG_6942.jpeg
IMG_6943.jpeg
IMG_6945.jpeg
IMG_6944.jpeg

As far as getting attention, it was more so people I don’t really mess with reaching out to me knowing I don’t speak to them at all.

Yeah, it has the GPS pinpoint where the pothole is located and it automatically rises up when it comes back to that location. All you have to do is, rise the car up by pressing the button and on the dash, it will say, “remember location”. You won’t have to press the button ever again.

As far as the interior room, yeah, you have a decent amount of space. I was more surprised by the headroom. It’s definitely tight as far as legroom, but you just have to raise the steering wheel at its highest and raise the seat at its lowest for us tall people to fit decent and to get in and out of the car. Yeah, the seat definitely has to be all the way back, also.

The interior is definitely on the cheap side. I was surprised because I thought the same as you, soft to the touch, NOPE! Lol. It’s hard plastic. The seats seem to be good quality. It was suede and leather(GT seats). Heated and cool seats too.

To go in more detail about the attention, it was definitely more of a target of getting carjacked, robbed, and etc. It’s yellow, so of course it’s going to stand out. You really feel people staring at you just driving by people. It’s cool at first, but it became uncomfortable because you don’t know what people are plotting when you ride pass people in a flashy car like that. If I were to get one to own, I’ll definitely get a more subtle color.

As far as MPG, I was getting like, 12 mpg lol. I never drove 100 mph on any car until I drive the vette LOL. That car is really fast and the 0-60 is very accurate too lol. 2.9 seconds on a base engine lol. Insane! Lol.

The owner of the car was really cool too. I took the car back this passed Monday. Definitely going to see if I can rent a Z06, but won’t be no time soon. I’ve always loved the Corvette since the C6(I like the older generations too. Preferably the C1 and C2)and always wanted to drive one, so bad lol. Dealers would not let me test drive them when I asked, so I used turo and the rest is history lol. It’s been on my bucket list for years lol. Next car I’m renting is a Cadillac Escalade lol. Always wanted to drive one.

You’re welcome, just wanted to help out anyone who cared lol.

Here are some bonus pics before I dropped it off.

IMG_6942.jpeg
IMG_6943.jpeg
IMG_6945.jpeg
IMG_6944.jpeg
i kinda like this color

Back
Top Bottom