\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

brahs i think ima cop a e30 this year when the funds get right.

what u guys think

I bought a E30 sedan for $800 a few years ago. Wasn't the prettiest but it had decent paint, the seats weren't torn, and it ran well so I jumped on it. Was a damn good car. I daily drove it for a year, no issues. The odometer was broken at 209,XXX miles when I got it. I have no idea how many miles were on it, but it never gave me any trouble, just oil changes. My experience is that they are great cars, no doubt.

I would take advantage of the internet in terms of learning how to work on them. If you are handy and don't mind some DIY work, it can be a very cheap car to own. Paying mechanics for everything can be a different story, though. As with older BMWs and Mercedes Benzes of this era, the mechanic's prices can easily outweigh the value of the car.

Last edited:
brahs i think ima cop a e30 this year when the funds get right.

what u guys think

I bought a E30 sedan for $800 a few years ago. Wasn't the prettiest but it had decent paint, the seats weren't torn, and it ran well so I jumped on it. Was a damn good car. I daily drove it for a year, no issues. The odometer was broken at 209,XXX miles when I got it. I have no idea how many miles were on it, but it never gave me any trouble, just oil changes. My experience is that they are great cars, no doubt.

I would take advantage of the internet in terms of learning how to work on them. If you are handy and don't mind some DIY work, it can be a very cheap car to own. Paying mechanics for everything can be a different story, though. As with older BMWs and Mercedes Benzes of this era, the mechanic's prices can easily outweigh the value of the car.
ima pretty handy guy. Im mainly looking to buy one for daily driving, canyons and track fun. And also to expand my mechanical skills. My end goal would be to do an ls swap.

But for now i wanna find a clean manual inline 6.looking to buy hopefully towards summer.

Not sure if I played already but here she is......

Wheels are nice man. A 2" drop would set it right

Yep, his last comment wasn't even worth a response. I figured he's 14 yrs old, hasn't even driven, let alone sat inside these cars that he is talking about.

I'm not even sure what the guy is talking about with this "impressive" stuff. They are putting HID's and LEDs on Ford, Chevy's and Kia's now. At night and even during the day, some of them look more "impressive" than some entry level luxury cars just on the size of the car, when I see a sedan the same size as a 5-series pull up and it turns out it's a Chevy Impala, Charger, Optima with HIDs and LEDs.
lol I posted my car on here already...

And no, a Ford, and Kia is never as impressive as a German foreign.  The only Chevy worth anything is the Corvette, other than that, no thanks.  HID's and LED lights don't make cars impressive. 

And I stand by my comment....the entry level foreigns are better than the cars you listed for the same reason that Jordans are better than other sneakers.

Subs under the seats, obviously leather seats, navigation, chipped engine, sport suspension...pretty much it is fully loaded. 

Last edited:
Got off work yesterday morning to find this waiting for me

Shattered window. My Navi head unit, amp and sub all gone. I havent even had this whip a month. They even took my set of wheel locks and a beat up pair of fly knits :smh: But thing that got me the angriest was I had a case of waters back there and they took every last one. :stoneface: the visual of them taking a break from buglarizing my **** to enjoy a refreshing beverage got me so mad I almost wanted to throw up. Whatever. :smh:

So you don't buy Jordans?  And they aren't a waste of money...the waste of money is the Hyundai's. 

last few jordans ive bought have been from 85 and 96 ive stopped buying recent release jordans bud.........i wouldnt say hyundai are a waste of money unless what i wanted is people to say im balling then i assume thats what you mean by waste of money....

i guess name bmw,benz>>>>>

when comes to entry level to entry level ill take mustangs because when you have an entry level bmw and an m3 m5 pulls up then that guy in the m3 m5 is looking at your entry level and laughing b

last few jordans ive bought have been from 85 and 96 ive stopped buying recent release jordans bud.........i wouldnt say hyundai are a waste of money unless what i wanted is people to say im balling then i assume thats what you mean by waste of money....

i guess name bmw,benz>>>>>

when comes to entry level to entry level ill take mustangs because when you have an entry level bmw and an m3 m5 pulls up then that guy in the m3 m5 is looking at your entry level and laughing b
And when the Mustang pulls up next to the entry level...guess who will be laughing...not to mention I've had M3 owners give me props on my 3 series. 

Last edited:
I've obviously got no problem with anyone buying an entry level luxury car or a v6 muscle car or anything else they like.

but when you're buying an entry level car and trying to put people down that don't have one, it's pretty tacky. not everyone has the same taste and just because you're in a Beemer doesn't make you better than someone in a Hyundai. I'm sure some of you guys will grow up eventually...otherwise you're no better than the females sleeping with the kid thinking his parents 7 series was his.

anyway, I saw a srt8 challenger today. it's almost laughable how big the car is and then seeing the skinny wheels it comes with. 245's all around.

hating on Hyundai or KIa without test driving them is ignorant. They have had major improvement in the past 5 years.

ive had a 3 series and just bought a hyundai sonata hybrid.

3 series looks nicer.
same crap material on both cars
Hyundai had way more options base
Hyudai has better warranty and cost half as much.

most young people who buys entry level european cars, are leasing it and buyiing it because of the brand name.

Been eyeing that 9th gen accord coupe. Looks like it'll be between that and the ilx

Been eyeing that 9th gen accord coupe. Looks like it'll be between that and the ilx
I wouldn't get the ILX. It's overpriced for what you get.

I'm happy with my accord but if I had to do it again I would have picked a Genesis coupe.

Last edited:

I think we get it, anything made by a luxury brand is "impressive" and your preference(whether it is a 128i or CLA with leatherette interior), while anything non-luxury is "lame and unimpressive".

Back
Top Bottom