\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

i don't want to start a new thread for this simple question but i just found this car and was wondering if it was a good deal....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...8705&tracktype=usedcc&pageNumber=&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=national

sorry for the big link
Not bad. The miles are not bad either. They drove if roughly 14k miles per year. I would take a look at it. What type of mileage do you plan on putting on it per year? I would drive that thing until the wheels fell off. You probably could talk them down a litte as well.

i don't want to start a new thread for this simple question but i just found this car and was wondering if it was a good deal....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...8705&tracktype=usedcc&pageNumber=&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=national

sorry for the big link
Not bad. The miles are not bad either. They drove if roughly 14k miles per year. I would take a look at it. What type of mileage do you plan on putting on it per year? I would drive that thing until the wheels fell off. You probably could talk them down a litte as well.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

than why would you buy a muscle car?
people like the look of the cars. Also the new v6's of those 3 are pushing 300+ HP which is NOT to shabby at all. Plus getting almost 30MPG and paying 5-6k less is a good reason to get one, i say.
Some V6's now are putting out the same power V8 muscle cars put out back in the day (ive read.)
And basically, some people like the look. Personally, if I were to get a Camaro or Mustang, you damn right id get a V8. I could more than understand why someone would wanna get a V6 instead though.

Fact.
One big reason is ECU managed fuel injection rather than carbureted[font=arial, sans-serif] engines. A lot of power that the engines could turn was lost to misfiring and timing that was based on a system of pulleys rather than a computer.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]For instance, the new V6 Mustangs can push nearly 300HP, while my 2009 Mustang GT (standard transmission, obviously) pushes the same horsepower, albeit with more torque.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]That, and the V8 sounds so much sexier.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I love driving this car every single day.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
NKwv9.jpg
[/font]

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

than why would you buy a muscle car?
people like the look of the cars. Also the new v6's of those 3 are pushing 300+ HP which is NOT to shabby at all. Plus getting almost 30MPG and paying 5-6k less is a good reason to get one, i say.
Some V6's now are putting out the same power V8 muscle cars put out back in the day (ive read.)
And basically, some people like the look. Personally, if I were to get a Camaro or Mustang, you damn right id get a V8. I could more than understand why someone would wanna get a V6 instead though.

Fact.
One big reason is ECU managed fuel injection rather than carbureted[font=arial, sans-serif] engines. A lot of power that the engines could turn was lost to misfiring and timing that was based on a system of pulleys rather than a computer.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]For instance, the new V6 Mustangs can push nearly 300HP, while my 2009 Mustang GT (standard transmission, obviously) pushes the same horsepower, albeit with more torque.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]That, and the V8 sounds so much sexier.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I love driving this car every single day.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
NKwv9.jpg
[/font]

Originally Posted by csrcarbajal

heres mine picked it up about a month ago
hx9aau.jpg

sorry for the huge pics

Nice chally Nice mustang too I suppose. (camaro vs mustang. You know how it goes)I'm just glad muscle cars are back in a big way. Get them while you can.

hx9aau.jpg

sorry for the huge pics

Nice chally Nice mustang too I suppose. (camaro vs mustang. You know how it goes)I'm just glad muscle cars are back in a big way. Get them while you can.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

sorry for the big link

well based on my past driving habits i know for sure i wont be putting 14k a year on it... im thinking somewhere around 7-8k a year is how i would drive...

sorry for the big link

well based on my past driving habits i know for sure i wont be putting 14k a year on it... im thinking somewhere around 7-8k a year is how i would drive...

sorry for the big link

Wow @ the DeLorean a few pages back. Why are you selling it? Car is too sick!

And as far as the V6/V8 debate, I agree with those of you that said there's no point in having a V6 muscle car. Yea...Some of the new V6 cars push almost 300HP, but the car is HEAVY as hell, plain and simple.

I just think it's a waste of money, but everyone has their own opinions.

And as far as the V6/V8 debate, I agree with those of you that said there's no point in having a V6 muscle car. Yea...Some of the new V6 cars push almost 300HP, but the car is HEAVY as hell, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Nice chally Nice mustang too I suppose. (camaro vs mustang. You know how it goes)     I'm just glad muscle cars are back in a big way.  Get them while you can.

QFT.
In all honesty, I have nothing against the Challenger or the Camaro.

As far as I'm concerned, the Mustang, Challenger, and Camaro are the only REAL current muscle cars.

The Charger doesn't count. It's an ugly 4-door sedan that does NO justice to the original that no one would buy if they named it the Dodge Quad despite the HEMI.

That'd be like saying that a Saturn is a bad@ss automobile if it had a Chevy 427. It's just stupid.

Why I chose the Mustang v. the Challenger and Camaro?

This article kinda spells it all out. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...enger_rt_vs_2010_ford_mustang_gt/viewall.html

While I personally thing the Challenger is the most honest rebirth as far as being pure American pride, power, weight, and classic body styling, it's also at the bottom of the list there.

For what you're buying, you're just not getting that performance. It's heavy, hard to maneuver, and the Mopar Big Block eats premium fuel for less than stellar results.

Don't get me wrong— it hauls %@%, but is should beat the hell out of my GT and it won't. It's sad, but true.

I think Dodge needs one more go at this car in the next generation and they'll get it perfect. I have no doubts.

The Camaro is the clear choice for having the authority on the road, but:

1) I don't dig the body styling— I wish it'd been a more classic representation.

2) Premium fuel- I drive 60 miles a day. Regular Unleaded is doing me a favor.

3) I won't deny that it will whoop the Mustang GT in pretty much everything, but its specs say it should be beating the GTs times by about 33%, and they're not. The throttle response isn't there (comparatively) and the steering isn't as snappy as I like.

4) I have an hour drive to work everyday— I have to be in love with the car, and I'm not in love with the Camaro. Like I said for the Challenger, it's about one generation away from perfection.

5) This review right here sums it up pretty well:

Ed Loh: Touchy clutch on the Camaro means it's the only one I stalled. Engine note and response not as thrilling as the Mustang's -- surprising given the 111-hp advantage -- but the Camaro is much quieter inside. Steering is a touch vague on-center in comparison with Mustang. Just off-center it picks up nicely, though still not as sharp as the Ford's. Again, I wonder how much of that is the Mustang's Track Pack. Far less body motion on the road than in the Challenger, but the front end seems to sashay side to side more than the Ford's when I make mid-corner corrections. Otherwise, once set in a corner, the Camaro feels exceptionally planted. Power out of turn and you're rewarded with nothing but forward thrust. Would love to see how this thing moves around a track like the Streets of Willow Springs.

[font=Verdana, Arial]
[/font]

Last but not least, I got a great deal on the Mustang, which was not to be found on the other two.

Nice chally Nice mustang too I suppose. (camaro vs mustang. You know how it goes)     I'm just glad muscle cars are back in a big way.  Get them while you can.

QFT.

As far as I'm concerned, the Mustang, Challenger, and Camaro are the only REAL current muscle cars.

The Charger doesn't count. It's an ugly 4-door sedan that does NO justice to the original that no one would buy if they named it the Dodge Quad despite the HEMI.

That'd be like saying that a Saturn is a bad@ss automobile if it had a Chevy 427. It's just stupid.

This article kinda spells it all out. http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...enger_rt_vs_2010_ford_mustang_gt/viewall.html

While I personally thing the Challenger is the most honest rebirth as far as being pure American pride, power, weight, and classic body styling, it's also at the bottom of the list there.

For what you're buying, you're just not getting that performance. It's heavy, hard to maneuver, and the Mopar Big Block eats premium fuel for less than stellar results.

Don't get me wrong— it hauls %@%, but is should beat the hell out of my GT and it won't. It's sad, but true.

I think Dodge needs one more go at this car in the next generation and they'll get it perfect. I have no doubts.

1) I don't dig the body styling— I wish it'd been a more classic representation.

3) I won't deny that it will whoop the Mustang GT in pretty much everything, but its specs say it should be beating the GTs times by about 33%, and they're not. The throttle response isn't there (comparatively) and the steering isn't as snappy as I like.

4) I have an hour drive to work everyday— I have to be in love with the car, and I'm not in love with the Camaro. Like I said for the Challenger, it's about one generation away from perfection.

Ed Loh: Touchy clutch on the Camaro means it's the only one I stalled. Engine note and response not as thrilling as the Mustang's -- surprising given the 111-hp advantage -- but the Camaro is much quieter inside. Steering is a touch vague on-center in comparison with Mustang. Just off-center it picks up nicely, though still not as sharp as the Ford's. Again, I wonder how much of that is the Mustang's Track Pack. Far less body motion on the road than in the Challenger, but the front end seems to sashay side to side more than the Ford's when I make mid-corner corrections. Otherwise, once set in a corner, the Camaro feels exceptionally planted. Power out of turn and you're rewarded with nothing but forward thrust. Would love to see how this thing moves around a track like the Streets of Willow Springs.

[font=Verdana, Arial]
[/font]

Last but not least, I got a great deal on the Mustang, which was not to be found on the other two.

QFT.

[font=Verdana, Arial]
[/font]

Originally Posted by Aair16

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

that SL is ******ed... only 20k on an 05...
sick.gif

good find, i wouldnt customize it too much, although i personally think the styling is muy bueno never know esp when ur tryna flip it....

but im sure u alrdy knew that if u had the $ on hand to cop
I got it with only 18.5k miles. Some young real estate mogul from Chi-Town had it at his Miami vacation home in a custom built climate controlled single stall garage. Dude picked up a 2011 DBS on the fly and it ended up shipping to him a month early. Basically dude had 5 days to sell the SL and get it shipped to make room for the DBS. His pal messed up and listed it on ebay as a SL55. I was looking at 55's and came across it...made dude a low ball offer not thinking he'd bite. But since it was mis-listed and got no action and the garage situation meant more to dude than the money...I got a steal.

Yeah I wont mod a damn thing on it until I know I'm going to keep it.

The only thing is if I decide to keep it I'll have to pay for tags (msrp is $190k) and a warranty come spring. I'd almost rather have had my fun and still make a little cash then drop another $8k. It'll be a tough call because the thing is too damn fun!
that story is incredible. 
your seller's story reads like the craigslist auto sale scams that i see all the time except that it was real.

that's dope

Back
Top Bottom