\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Picked this guy up in Nov - just hit 3500 miles. Truck purchase was inevitable after moving back to WI - gotta fit in with the locals.

Thanks bro, I was thinking of upgrading the mirrors to carbon fiber mirrors but i'm waiting to see how my tax money is looking.  The vinyl wrap is like 450-500 bucks, it isn't a killer.  The Capri blue metallic is a smooth color, but man i just LOVE red.  It just sticks out and grabs attention anywhere.  I promise you'll like the car when i'm done. :smile:
Nice... That's a pretty good price for the wrap.

Nice Colorado :smokin . I really like what GM did with the new Colorado and Canyon, finally a truck that can push Toyota to improve upon their Tacoma.

Lol I did a quick pull to pass a Camry after an ez pass toll, and then he went around me at something like 90 mph

I didn't follow suit

Dude got pulled over :rofl:
Son, same thing happened to me yesterday. I was on the highway and quick passed like 3 cars. 1 of the 3 was an EVO. As soon as i passed him he got on the right lane and just flew by everyone. No more than 10 seconds later nassau county police was right on his tail. :rofl:

Picked this guy up in Nov - just hit 3500 miles. Truck purchase was inevitable after moving back to WI - gotta fit in with the locals.

Nice.

i wish i could drive one but it would be near impossible to park in ny. Lol they seem so convenient to just throw your stuff in the back

That list sucks. You'd have to hold on to all of these cars for at LEAST 15-20 years before they MIGHT be worth close to what they sell for new, if you don't drive them and just stare at them in your garage. They basically just picked the top model trim of a bunch of popular cars. For example, look at 15 year old Corvette Z06's, which is a car they list in that article. Even 10-15 year old examples with under 15,000 miles on them are on eBay for around 25-35 grand. It's going to take a LONG time before you're making money. Take a look at Terminator Cobra's. Pretty rare, only made em for a couple years. They are also around 25-30 grand with extremely low miles, and are over 10 years old. Cars like I just listed are basically what that article is suggesting.

When I think future collectible cars that would be worth buying and holding onto, I'm thinking cars where in 10-15 years you're making a decent profit, like the Ford GT, that 10 years later is hitting for almost twice what they sold for.

I will admit that there really aren't any BETTER alternatives out there right now that I can think of that may make you some money. So I guess what I'm really saying, is buying a new, limited production car, with the idea that you're going to make money on it, so you're just gonna look at it in your garage for 10-15 years, is not a great idea, and your money could be better invested/enjoyed.

Last edited:
2016 Mercedes AMG GT S vs. 2016 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe

2 of my favorite cars right now with a great track side by side analysis at the end.  I was in love with the F-Type when it first came out and the exhaust note is incredible, but the GT S is just the perfect balance of grand tourer and sports car.  At 125-150K I would take the AMG GT S over the F Type, 911 turbo, GT-R Nismo, or 2nd gen NSX.

That list sucks. You'd have to hold on to all of these cars for at LEAST 15-20 years before they MIGHT be worth close to what they sell for new, if you don't drive them and just stare at them in your garage. They basically just picked the top model trim of a bunch of popular cars. For example, look at 15 year old Corvette Z06's, which is a car they list in that article. Even 10-15 year old examples with under 15,000 miles on them are on eBay for around 25-35 grand. It's going to take a LONG time before you're making money. Take a look at Terminator Cobra's. Pretty rare, only made em for a couple years. They are also around 25-30 grand with extremely low miles, and are over 10 years old. Cars like I just listed are basically what that article is suggesting.

When I think future collectible cars that would be worth buying and holding onto, I'm thinking cars where in 10-15 years you're making a decent profit, like the Ford GT, that 10 years later is hitting for almost twice what they sold for.

I will admit that there really aren't any BETTER alternatives out there right now that I can think of that may make you some money. So I guess what I'm really saying, is buying a new, limited production car, with the idea that you're going to make money on it, so you're just gonna look at it in your garage for 10-15 years, is not a great idea, and your money could be better invested/enjoyed.
^ Agree with everything you just said 250caddy.  I'll also add that if you are going to keep said car for 15-20 years it most likely will need to be unmodified from stock with less than 20K miles to achieve collector money.  I monitor the MKIV Supra and NSX markets regularly and the difference between the ultra low mileage  < 20K vs the 75K+ mile cars is staggering.    

Nice.

i wish i could drive one but it would be near impossible to park in ny. Lol they seem so convenient to just throw your stuff in the back

Exactly why I never had something bigger when I lived in MPLS - no way I wanted to street park something like this every day. And it's not even that big. No idea how dudes with full size trucks drive them in the city.

FIRST POST HERE! Been a lurker for a longggggggggggggggggg time. But i'm glad i waited so i can share this purchase with the NT fam!

Took a long time, but the dream has finally come true! Took a hell of a lot hard work, but it sure paid off! Hope you guys like as much as i love it.

2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack
(With the Shaker Hood of course!)

Officially #TEAMMOPAR

Last edited:
FIRST POST HERE! Been a lurker for a longggggggggggggggggg time. But i'm glad i waited so i can share this purchase with the NT fam!

Took a long time, but the dream has finally come true! Took a hell of a lot hard work, but it sure paid off! Hope you guys like as much as i love it.

Officially #TEAMMOPAR

Congrats.

^ Agree with everything you just said 250caddy.  I'll also add that if you are going to keep said car for 15-20 years it most likely will need to be unmodified from stock with less than 20K miles to achieve collector money.  I monitor the MKIV Supra and NSX markets regularly and the difference between the ultra low mileage  

Last edited:

Officially #TEAMMOPAR

Yass
The shaker hood :pimp:
Any other lurkers :nerd:

Officially #TEAMMOPAR

Congrats!....that is one tight spot!

Back
Top Bottom