\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Those both look good. I don't really see a problem with it. I'm not worried about what the next man does. I would just rather be on the safe side but if I see enough good reviews I'm copping the reps. I wouldn't pretend like they're work or ssr's though

What gave reps a bad name was quality, this was early to mid 2000's. You'd see pics of Rotas cracked. I don't think it really matters though. Get the style you like.

So how do y'all feel about rep wheels? I just did some research on varrstoen and found out they're just copies of other wheels. I had no idea lol I've never really payed much attention to "tuner" style wheels to really noticed that they're knockoff work wheels and other brands
Wouldn't have a problem with these budget wheel companies if they made their own designs. But rocking a cheap ripoff of another wheel on your car is wack.

Might as well cop one of them fieros with the ferrari body if you trying to fake the funk

So how do y'all feel about rep wheels? I just did some research on varrstoen and found out they're just copies of other wheels. I had no idea lol I've never really payed much attention to "tuner" style wheels to really noticed that they're knockoff work wheels and other brands

Wouldn't have a problem with these budget wheel companies if they made their own designs. But rocking a cheap ripoff of another wheel on your car is wack.

Might as well cop one of them fieros with the ferrari body if you trying to fake the funk
Not even remotely in the same realm.
Fake Car vs rep wheels

#fakingthefunk :lol:
But in all serious I think reps are a great alternative for people who arent willing to pay that much for wheels but still want that look.
I personally like to switch it up every so often and im not dropping more for wheels than the car worth but i do enjoy seeing some nice setups. I seen a blue m4 with te37s a couple weeks ago in the 707 :nerd:
8)

Here's a question that I honestly do not know the answer or the history between the 2.  Who copied who?

Work Meister or SSR SP1?  There are slight difference but boy they are close...

Just buy what you like. Replica wheels will not randomly just crack while driving :lol:

I would reccomend just looking around online and locally for used wheels though. If you find a good deal, you'll be able to sell them for the same price or more when you want to get rid of them :pimp:. Those new rep wheels will lose you money when you want to sell them, but the same can be said about new quality wheels. Although I will say properly maintained quality wheels won't go for much less used, from what I saw when I was in the market. Here and there you'll find steals though

Last edited:
I'm more than likely gonna get the legit ones. It's like years ago when fake Jordan's were in abundance... I didn't joke on anybody that had fakes (unless they deserved it lol) but I couldn't bring myself to cop fakes. It's a good discussion topic though lol

Here's a question that I honestly do not know the answer or the history between the 2.  Who copied who?

Work Meister or SSR SP1?  There are slight difference but boy they are close...
Both companies started in the early '70s, and the spokes and hardware are both slightly different. 

BBS LMs are the most copied design ever probably, but the mesh look is damn sexy so its not a surprise.

I don't really care if someone rocks reps, just don't put real center caps on them.

Hell Ive got real Works but just bought a cheap eBay front lip lol

There's only so many wheel designs you can make until they start looking like each other though. So I understand similar designs. But sometimes it's just obvious

There's only so many wheel designs you can make until they start looking like each other though. So I understand similar designs. But sometimes it's just obvious
Nah companies like rota are straight blatant ripoffs not just a similar style

Grand sport (only five made and a few raced in the ssca built to compete against the Shelby cobra)

Z06 c2 is the black one . Mickey Thompson owned one also.

Both companies started in the early '70s, and the spokes and hardware are both slightly different. 

BBS LMs are the most copied design ever probably, but the mesh look is damn sexy so its not a surprise.

I don't really care if someone rocks reps, just don't put real center caps on them.

Hell Ive got real Works but just bought a cheap eBay front lip lol

Yeah but they are pretty close... Was just thinking which wheel came out first as both are 1 of the classics for both brands...

As for reps, I agree. Just dont try to let it pass as the real deal. I started with rotas when I was in a strict budget but eventually did Gramlights, Enkei and Works... TEs and CE28s are my dream wheels but I cant get myself to spend that kind of money on wheels.

Sold my red E30 for $4500 after the clutch went out. And I picked up another one for $800.

28276801695_bcc6b34489_c.jpg

I've put in a little over 2k in this one. Coil-overs, tires, engine work, exhaust, sound. Getting 15" BBS wheels tomorrow and a re-spray pretty soon.

Also, I'm organizing a small car meet/cruise this Sunday in Northern California. More details at whipsnrips.com.

Last edited:
Sold my red E30 for $4500 after the clutch went out. And I picked up another one for $800.

28276801695_bcc6b34489_c.jpg

I've put in a little over 2k in this one. Coil-overs, tires, engine work, exhaust, sound. Getting 15" BBS wheels tomorrow and a re-spray pretty soon.

Also, I'm organizing a small car meet/cruise this Sunday in Northern California. More details at whipsnrips.com.
Damn . :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom