\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Me and my boy discussed this a month ago and again recently.. The 90's aren't ever coming back/going to be recreated to the T.. with fashion, with music, with media, and especially not with the automotive... Stopped looking at the car side of the internet for a min because it seemed like fools was holding group think about this thing and wanted them to bring back a 26 yr old engine design. Only thing i wasnt F'ing with was the Bimmer mill/drivetrain. And wanted it to look more like the FT-1. But i grown to like it tbh. It is what it is. Stopped thinking of it as runner up and started seeing it as its own car... .

Almost everyone in 2019, G.

That’s why I will never touch this new stuff the tech is there for me to be faster and have more liability with race proven engines and manual transmissions

I could lease one for 500 a month. 3500 down.

Dodge incentives are brazy. Coulda got a scat pack charger for 0 down 419 a month.
Do I even want to open Pandora's box on why people lease versus buy?

My guy. Please buy a house first.
He knows that he will do right, but just the temptation is so strong.
But I haven't experienced the no car note life in 10 years and I need to see what's that's like with a non beater :lol:
I have 3/4 more payments left on my Tundra the finish line is right there and it will feel so good.

Real good watch

I will take your word, I see the new Supra and I am instantly tuning out. Car is such a disappointment.
Cali gas prices are disgusting...

I'm in South Florida for my wife's bday/mother's day. Stopped to gas up the in laws Denali cuz they let us use it for a few days.... 2.53 a gallon

I cant recall ever seeing even 4 dollar gas on the east coast.

Brother in law has a 36 foot offshore boat w/ 3 300s on it, if gas was 5 bucks a gallon we woulda spent about 250 bucks jus takin it to dinner last night and for a quick spin in the Gulf.
Yeah gas isn't nowhere near that high on the east. I think we are 2.69 for supreme.

i kinda wanna wrap the chally cement/nardo grey

what yall think of that color?

and keep the hood black and maybe the roof not sure.
Personally I liked the color a few months ago but seeing way to many cars in it. I remember when it was only a Ferrari color, then Audi/Porsche. The color is no longer exclusive so it lost it's appeal.
My Civic Hatchback is a sorta Nardo Gray. I love it. :lol:
My point exactly a Civic has the color.

The 90's era of cars will always exist in my garage, I am scooping them up like Pokémon. RX7 FD and FC are next on the list. I think that is the last "sports car" from the 90's left. I like the MK4 Supra but prices are just to overpriced. I need to get them sooner than later.

Personally I liked the color a few months ago but seeing way to many cars in it. I remember when it was only a Ferrari color, then Audi/Porsche. The color is no longer exclusive so it lost it's appeal.

My point exactly a Civic has the color.

The 90's era of cars will always exist in my garage, I am scooping them up like Pokémon. RX7 FD and FC are next on the list. I think that is the last "sports car" from the 90's left. I like the MK4 Supra but prices are just to overpriced. I need to get them sooner than later.

Was it you who has a Conquest?

Fav Benz as a youngin
5a4c25d5bdf5b58ddb3582b01bba27b7ad1bb57a.jpg

Fav Benz now
2015-mercedes-benz-s-class-coupe-rear-side-view-and-house.jpg

With a lil 190 mixed in there too.

Nardo Grey is still a pretty dope color tho. I don't see too much of it around my way except for an Audi here & there. I dropped off the Chally today for the mouldings to get painted. My guys said she'll be ready Sat. I can't wait

A couple thoughts on the Supra. I'll preface this by saying I'm not a Toyota guy, never owned one, and probably never will.

- It sounds like the only way Toyota could afford to build this car was to develop it with BMW. I know that's not ideal, but let's give them a little credit for at least bringing another sports car to the market, which is a segment that is definitely not as popular as it once was. At least Toyota is trying, look at what Nissan is doing, just pumping out the same 2 cars every year with minimal changes (GTR and 370z).
- Most of the people ripping the new Supra and comparing it to the old one have never owned one, nor have they driven one. Times change. The new car needs to be looked at as a separate car, it is so separated by the old one time wise.
- People are saying its underpowered. It does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. Stock. That's nothing to sneeze at.

I will say the concept definitely looked better. And the car doesn't really appeal to me. But I think it's cool that they made a new sports car, because nowadays all that seems to come out is blah crossovers. So I for one will welcome seeing something different on the road. The new Supra was never going to live up to the legend of the old one. And that's fine, because most people havent experienced the legend of the old one anyways. They've just read about it.

All the youtube reviews I've seen are positive.

While I prefer the concept aesthetics, I still think it looks good.

I'm happy they made it.

Back
Top Bottom