\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

idk just being around so much people with 500+ whp cars in my area, I’m getting really impatient pretty much lol. I’ve been looking at those q60 redsports lol, and 2020 Supra, two cars that can get 500whp for cheap. Love my Z but even if I get a turbo or supercharger, I’ll be paying 15k after parts and installation just to reach power, regular turbo cars from factory can reach with a down pipe and a tune:smh:
500rwhp is lightweight for ls 😉.
Yeah 15k for a turbo setup is crazy talk :lol: .
If you love the car just want more powe, go get you a nitrous kit and get it tuned for a 175 shot. That should put you were you wanna be for cheap.

500rwhp is lightweight for ls 😉.
Yeah 15k for a turbo setup is crazy talk :lol: .
If you love the car just want more powe, go get you a nitrous kit and get it tuned for a 175 shot. That should put you were you wanna be for cheap.

I been looking into going nitrous too lol, think on this platform that can get me to the 440wheel range but I’ll have to learn more about it

I traded in some junk before man and slid it right by them. My frontier had FOUR clogged cats. Shut off the CEL in the lot and they didn’t even drive it.

also needed a new ac, leaking valve covers, slipping transmission and they game me the 5k I wanted.

1A026DE2-7F5A-4D50-A3DD-E6D3990300E9.jpeg

Why exactly is it different now?

Just the overall business model personally. Franchised dealers (Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc) are told to sell as many new cars as humanly possible no matter the way. So it's a race to the bottom. Great for the consumer, bad for the employee. It's no longer invoice, it's how much under.

And that right there, all the time to sell a new car (and its many hours which include several going over all the tech nowadays), which makes basically every normal new car sale (not including limited release stuff like C8, GT500, etc) are all "mini deals". And that, at a majority of stores is $100 a car BEFORE taxes. Now some are $150 a car or even $200, but I heard some are $75 a car. To make anything reasonable for income, you have to sell a crap ton of new cars. And that means working way more than a 40-42 hr week.

The business model in regards to pay scale is so antiquated, and archaic, it's sad. Dealers can't hire young people to do it under the 100% commission way. Most young people want to know what they will make, not "you can make $40k to $140k". That right there is such BS!

The first dealer group (the parent company like Sonic, or Autonation, etc) to erase commission and make pay salary with monthly bonuses (on whatever, units, old inventory sold, warranty, aftermarket, who knows) will change the business for the better. They will erase the stigma that salespeople don't care about the people they are selling to and only how much they make (I was NOT one of those. I sold routinely 200+ cars a year the last 4 years and got paid peanuts, but I made sure my clients were happy). That company will also be able to attract new people.

But they are sticking to their old ways and it's sad. I loved what I did but eventually, got sick of being made to stay later and later all the time. I did my time working 60+ hours a week for many years, and only Sundays off. I thought I was done with that once we got bought out by a different company, but it was worse. Could never leave when you tried to. Not worth the impact on my health it had. I had to get out and I'm glad I did.

Last edited:
Just the overall business model personally. Franchised dealers (Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc) are told to sell as many new cars as humanly possible no matter the way. So it's a race to the bottom. Great for the consumer, bad for the employee. It's no longer invoice, it's how much under.

And that right there, all the time to sell a new car (and its many hours which include several going over all the tech nowadays), which makes basically every normal new car sale (not including limited release stuff like C8, GT500, etc) are all "mini deals". And that, at a majority of stores is $100 a car BEFORE taxes. Now some are $150 a car or even $200, but I heard some are $75 a car. To make anything reasonable for income, you have to sell a crap ton of new cars. And that means working way more than a 40-42 hr week.

The business model in regards to pay scale is so antiquated, and archaic, it's sad. Dealers can't hire young people to do it under the 100% commission way. Most young people want to know what they will make, not "you can make $40k to $140k". That right there is such BS!

The first dealer group (the parent company like Sonic, or Autonation, etc) to erase commission and make pay salary with monthly bonuses (on whatever, units, old inventory sold, warranty, aftermarket, who knows) will change the business for the better. They will erase the stigma that salespeople don't care about the people they are selling to and only how much they make (I was NOT one of those. I sold routinely 200+ cars a year the last 4 years and got paid peanuts, but I made sure my clients were happy). That company will also be able to attract new people.

But they are sticking to their old ways and it's sad. I loved what I did but eventually, got sick of being made to stay later and later all the time. I did my time working 60+ hours a week for many years, and only Sundays off. I thought I was done with that once we got bought out by a different company, but it was worse. Could never leave when you tried to. Not worth the impact on my health it had. I had to get out and I'm glad I did.
yeah personally hate dealing with dealers, rather deal with the weirdos on craigslist :lol:

meet some interesting people over the years.

Friday me and a buddy drove out to Arizona to pickup a dirtbike from a dude and he lived "off the grid" and was a conspiracy theorist telling us that covid is fake blah blah blah :lol:

I also dont like dealers because of the random fees and taxes they add on.

I went a couple years ago with my pops to buy him a daily, Honda Pilot SUV. and they added a 600 dollar "dealer fee" that he didnt notice until we got home and he tried to get it refunded but they just gave him some floormats instead :lol:

yeah personally hate dealing with dealers, rather deal with the weirdos on craigslist :lol:

meet some interesting people over the years.

Friday me and a buddy drove out to Arizona to pickup a dirtbike from a dude and he lived "off the grid" and was a conspiracy theorist telling us that covid is fake blah blah blah :lol:

I also dont like dealers because of the random fees and taxes they add on.

I went a couple years ago with my pops to buy him a daily, Honda Pilot SUV. and they added a 600 dollar "dealer fee" that he didnt notice until we got home and he tried to get it refunded but they just gave him some floormats instead :lol:

The "dealer fee" or "doc fee" that dealers add is frankly a joke today. Yes, many many years ago, it was useful to actually help pay to send the paperwork directly to the state via a courier service. That's how it was handled. Now with online registration, it's a BS fee to pad the bottom line. Our state fee used to be $143 or something like that until Jan 2020 then the state allowed the fee to increase dramatically, to $389!!! What the hell?!!!

So each transaction, the dealer gets almost $400 pure profit, yet mini deals for cars were $150 for salespeople BEFORE tax! And we did all the work. They make over double on a doc fee vs what they pay their own salespeople per new car! And they couldn't raise the mini deal to $200 or $250 a car?!! Please give me a break! Plus when someone asked the tag fees, I was so uncomfortable telling people new tags, title, reg & doc was over $600. Much more for a truck (class II regular truck or Class III F250). Had to explain that multiple times. But yeah, doc fees are garbage!

Last edited:
Any Buick grand national owners here?

Just want to ping your brains about upgrades, what direction you went in, what you started with and where you got it done etc.

The "dealer fee" or "doc fee" that dealers add is frankly a joke today. Yes, many many years ago, it was useful to actually send the paperwork directly to the state via a courier service. That's how it was handled. Not with online registration, it's a BS fee to pad the bottom line. Our state fee used to be $143 or something like that until Jan 2020 then the state allowed the fee to increase dramatically, to $389!!! What the hell?!!!

So each transaction, the dealer gets almost $400 pure profit, yet mini deals for cars were $150 for salespeople BEFORE tax! And we did all the work. They make over double on a doc fee vs what they pay their own salespeople per new car! And they couldn't raise the mini deal to $200 or $250 a car?!! Please give me a break! Plus when someone asked the tag fees, I was so uncomfortable telling people new tags, title, reg & doc was over $600. Much more for a truck (class II regular truck or Class III F250). Had to explain that multiple times. But yeah, doc fees are garbage!
I bought a car in 2019 from a dealer. They threw in so much BS fees. Luckily I caught them and negotiated. These idiots wanted to charge me for VIN etching on the windows and I declined :lol:

what's the most you've guys paid for car registration?
just paid my STI in CA, $445. :sick:
I live in GA and our registration isn't high...but insurance is ridiculous. I'm originally from California and insurance is much much cheaper than here in GA, but registration fees are higher. I don't know about you, but I'd rather pay more once a year, than every month. Imo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom