\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Wife quit her job due to too much stress causing health issues. Now she’s detailing exotics.
7486BBEE-739B-4DB5-827F-7297F32495A0.jpeg

Before you guys decided on which car you ultimately bought, how many cars did y’all consider or did you know right off the bat

MOST RECENTLY, I KNEW I WANTED A PICKUP. AND THE STRONGEST DETERMINING FACTOR FOR ME WAS WHICH OF THE FULL SIZE 1/2 TONS WOULD FIT IN MY GARAGE. AND OF THE CURRENT OPTIONS, IT WAS BETWEEN A RAM REBEL OR A TUNDRA.

ON PAPER THE EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS WERE REALLY CLOSE.

SO I WENT AND TEST DROVE THE REBEL 1ST, I KEPT IT REAL WITH THE SALESMAN OFF TOP. I TOLD HIM I NEED TO TEST DRIVE IT TO MY HOUSE(10MIN FROM DEALERSHIP)TO SEE IF IT FITS IN MY GARAGE, IF NOT WE ARENT GOING TO WASTE EACH OTHERS TIME. HE AGREED. 15MIN LATER, DROVE IT HOME, BACKED IT INTO MY GARAGE AND IT MISSED THE MARK BY ABOUT 3-4 INCHES IN LENGTH.

SO ON PAPER, THE TUNDRA WAS SHORTER IN LENGTH THAN THE REBEL SO I KNEW FOR SURE IT WOULD FIT, TEST DROVE IT ON A MONDAY LIKED IT, BROUGHT IT HOME ON TUESDAY. ITS A TIGHT SQUEEZE IN MY GARAGE FOR SURE BUT IT FITS. LOL :lol:

man whats a good used car for 20k? my little brother looking for one.. i told him he should put down 5 and finance a 30k car but he's not trying to hear that.... am I wrong for this? putting 20k down on a car just makes no sense to me

man whats a good used car for 20k? my little brother looking for one.. i told him he should put down 5 and finance a 30k car but he's not trying to hear that.... am I wrong for this? putting 20k down on a car just makes no sense to me

Got to be more specific, what type of car they want in that range? A family car, coupe, good gas mileage car etc etc ?

Got to be more specific, what type of car they want in that range? A family car, coupe, good gas mileage car etc etc ?

apologies... gas mileage doesn't matter... he wants a used sedan... he's looking at Lexus GS's... haha.. I know...but he want's something reliable... I don't know where the hell he think he will find a used Lexus GS for 20k... but he's looking.. he doesn't want anything unreliable...AKA German

apologies... gas mileage doesn't matter... he wants a used sedan... he's looking at Lexus GS's... haha.. I know...but he want's something reliable... I don't know where the hell he think he will find a used Lexus GS for 20k... but he's looking.. he doesn't want anything unreliable...AKA German
I would’ve said a older Audi s4 but you want reliable lol So scratch that off the list. If you don’t care for super quick car, the 2015 Infiniti Q50s with the 3.7 engine is as reliable as it get for under 20k with decent daily driving power. But I can see if they won’t want that since you’ll see one of those on every damn block lol.

Why're Audi's & German engineered brands considered unreliable? Their MSRP's are through the roof lol. Do they age bad or parts & maintenance costs a lot more on luxury brands?

Funny enough Demuro just put this out.

short of it is rates are low nowadays, and he put the funds in an index fund instead and made the interest back in 4 weeks.

If you're not disciplined though and know yourself then yeah maybe cash is the route.

I think I said it before in here I bought a car cash a while ago and looking back it was one of the worst financial decisions I ever made. Thankfully it didn’t really hurt me but that cash is much better served in an index fund or high yield savings. If you can borrow money for cheap I’m taking the loan all day and keeping my cash.

Why're Audi's & German engineered brands considered unreliable? Their MSRP's are through the roof lol. Do they age bad or parts & maintenance costs a lot more on luxury brands?

From what I observed, just seems that they cheap out on some parts that can lead to expensive repairs. Especially with BMW and Mercedes, their 90's build quality and reliability is long gone.

I think I said it before in here I bought a car cash a while ago and looking back it was one of the worst financial decisions I ever made. Thankfully it didn’t really hurt me but that cash is much better served in an index fund or high yield savings. If you can borrow money for cheap I’m taking the loan all day and keeping my cash.
I can agree with the funds being used for investing but I feel if you can't purchase your car cash at any given time your living above your means. I've never had a car payment and never will 🤷🏽‍♂️

I can agree with the funds being used for investing but I feel if you can't purchase your car cash at any given time your living above your means. I've never had a car payment and never will 🤷🏽‍♂️

There’s nothing wrong with financing a car. However, if you’re going to do that 7yr plan or the payment is taking up over 50% of your income, then yes, I would view that as above your financial means.

From what I observed, just seems that they cheap out on some parts that can lead to expensive repairs. Especially with BMW and Mercedes, their 90's build quality and reliability is long gone.

Heard the opposite. General reliability has gone up, motor wise but with all the tech in these cars nowadays those the reasons why they in the shops.

I know its a just one example but my friend has a 2013 C300 and that thing has been a tank. Basic maintenance and hes been good. On the other end my boy grabbed a 2015 A4 like a month or two ago and hes already having problems. I think those have bad oil issues or something but they fixed it in the newer models/next gen.

any problems i've ever had with my bmws have been electrical for the last 8+ years

Back
Top Bottom