\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Was waiting all day for 99999 can’t believe my dumbass missed it
C6EDF0C6-2B43-4645-9538-1BBBFE8C774C.jpeg

Since I have an RSVP for a BRONCO the wife surprised me by renting my exact spec minus the body colored hard top. Took a drive out to Shenandoah Mountains for a Skyline Drive and rented an Airbnb in the mountains.

We were both worried it wouldn't fit in our DC driveway, it fits with lots of room to spare.
tempImagegpa7Np.png

20211118_081949.jpg

I've already put about 40k on my truck in the 2 years I've owned it. I got new tires and went with the Toyo Open Country A/T III. Torn on them because they are fantastic, grip in the rain and gravel and don't spin like my factory tires did leaving the driveway. But my MPG is taking a big hit, and they may be too aggressive for me as a highway commuter.

Made an offer (68k) on a 2018 m3 6mt cpo w 26k yesterday (non comp). They were firm at 73k. ****s crazy out there. I just couldn’t bring myself to spend that much, even 68 I think is OD.

Love them m3's and m'4. This dude in my building got a mean white m3. Joint always parked in that same spot all times of the day, I been meaning to ask if he selling it. Probably not.

Got into an accident with my 2015 Honda. Looking to jump into a crossover/suv. Where is the decent market (I know I know) these days? Carvana, vroom, private?

Hey buddy thanks for the tag. 👍 New review to watch. Last week it seems. Couple observations I saw.

-wheels they used aren't bad looking. I see why they did it, due to the Goodyears not being able to be found. That's fine as the OEM tires are utter **** and make the car ride and handle awful. Plus they don't last a darn! And those PZeros they had on it really won't be any better. Hate PZeros. My wife's FType SVR had them and they were horrid. Changed to a Bridgestone Potenza A/S and it's like night & day. They need to tell that place who owns the car to go buy Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N1/Scuderia (ft/bk). World of a different and it makes a better car.

Seats are NOT ventilated even if those screens are there. It's a carbon fiber (gorgeous btw) backed seat and no air gets through. It's ornamental on both the backs and bottoms. Still looks awesome just like the race car. Especially when owners add the "hot buttons" aluminum trim rings in each little seat hole (see pic below).

unnamed.png

And speaking of seats, they are more comfortable than they are saying. Drove these loads and I LOVE THEM! They're Sparco seats from Italy. Never wanted to get out of the car whenever I had to take it back to the owner (my friend). Very comfortable and bolstered well. Slippery? Yeah, someone used cleaner beforehand and didn't get it fully off.

That startup sound, I'd know ANYWHERE! I could close my eyes and someone start it and I'd know it's a GT. Fun fact, the ending scenes in FvsF when Ken is testing the J Car just before he gets killed. He started up the GT40, but instead of a big block 427, it's the startup of a new GT. I'd know it anywhere. Not sure why they did that.

Glad they didn't mock the motor like some journalists like to do. Blah blah 5.4 "truck motor" blah blah. Stick it and do some research. Fully (over)built motor capable of 1000 HP EASILY with stock internals with plenty of room to go. Glad they didn't go there.

And yes, they weren't lying about it in the rain. Car is a handful in the dry IF your not careful. I took my coworker for a ride, and I goosed it like 2/10s of the throttle and the back just stepped out a teeny bit (I did it on purpose to show what it COULD do). He was shocked when I said less than 1/4 throttle. Gotta roll into it when your moving. The first spin, I saw his face was like he saw a ghost. He wasn't making it up, it almost bit him hard! This is a car that not only requires respect, it demands it!

Oh, and the shifter is sublime. Perfect location, perfect snick-snick during changes. Super smooth. And a reverse lockout to boot.

Radio, is a nice piece (McIntosh) but I've NEVER had it on EVER when I drove. The exhaust was the best music.

That example seems to have all the gauges working. They are notorious for going bad. I thought the oil pressure gauge at the very beginning was pegged to the high mark as 50 was top center & they never go above 70 I believe. Not sure. Semi easy fix for those if bad.

Gotta give the clam a small forceful shove and it will latch. Or just close it, with it resting on the latches and use 2 hands to lock it. Not as hard to do as they showed.

But overall, it does drive like they say...very easy. It's super comfortable and just have to find a spot to park so one can open the door fully. A fun review that I enjoyed and wasn't tarted up negatively for views. Thanks again for letting me know.👍

Oh a more personal note, these cars are now at the point where even higher milage cars that have 5-digit readings are pulling in the high $350k+ range. Cars with a few K miles, over $400k and those who stored with no miles other than a few hundred, over $450K. And this is for normal colors. If it's a Heritage they go to $500K-$550K! Ugh 😥😥😥😥😥😥

The ship has sailed for them. Those who got in early at like $145-160 back in 2011 when they were at their lowest have a home run. I have now come to accept that l will never be able to afford one. And it's sad, as this is the only car that I'd want if I had my choice between any newer exotic.

Not a Lamborghini, not a Ferrari, not a McLaren, not an Aston Martin, nothing. Just a 2005-2006 Ford GT. That's all I want. Why? Because I'm a GT40 fanatic and love the story of the whole GT40 project. Thankfully there are a few kit cars that can be bought for fairly reasonable amounts like a CAV GT. That's a pure GT40 kit that uses parts that can work on the real car. And built can be had for a little over $100-120K. Not too bad. Not the most comfortable thing, but totally liveable.

I've said my next and last "toy" would be a Lotus Evora 400/GT and I'm TOTALLY stoked to save up for one. I LOVE them, BUT...if I had the ability to find a GT40 kit car for not much more than a Lotus, and the color was tolerable, I couldn't say no. Then whenever someone asks what do I have? I can honestly say I own a GT40 (replica)! And I'd be on cloud 9!

Last edited:
On a more fun note, here are pics from the last Cars & Coffee on the Mainline! Totally packed! Nuts. But we'll worth getting up at 7 am to get there by 8:30.

PXL_20211121_133534662.MP.jpg
PXL_20211121_133648156.jpg
PXL_20211121_150756311.MP.jpg
PXL_20211121_141534080.jpg
PXL_20211121_150735027.jpg
PXL_20211121_151117635.jpg
PXL_20211121_151122623.jpg
PXL_20211121_151414930.jpg
PXL_20211121_155410278.MP.jpg
PXL_20211121_150758912.jpg

Lots of stuff. Half a dozen Cobra replicas, 7 Huracanes with 3 being Performantes. Several Ferraris, Lotus (Loti), and one Carrera GT (my friend's car). What a day. So many fun stuff to look at. Including a Nissan Figaro JDM.

Truthfully, I used to NOT want to bring my car out to these last year, rather go with my wife and take her car. I always considered my car to be "archaic" in terms of being older (it's near 16 years production date). But my friends I've met tell me how good it sounds (longtubes make a difference and make me smile) and how well it looks for near 16 years old. I even got someone in an E9x M3 pull up next to me, give me a thumbs up, and say how nice it looks and sounds. This past year has been a blessing in terms of making me feel better about my car. It's not the fastest by ANY stretch, but I will argue that it's one of the best sounding cars around in terms of overall sound and not just "noise" like some people have done to their cars (where they make their exhaust so damn loud it's actually obnoxious. No sound of the motor). So I can't wait for this winter to be over already. 👍

There’s a pretty popular oc cars and coffee out here I been meaning to go but it’s too damn early at 9am :lol:

Cars and coffee was amazing but they need to set limits on who can come in the lot before 10am. I get there at 9am and can't find a a space in the lot because there are funky 1990 Honda Crvs and Mazda Miatas in the back rows of the lot. (And I'm not being elitist, those cars were dirty, there was a cute clean new VW Beetle convertible that was parked next to the Porsches that looked good.) They had the turnout to fill all the rows with great cars and had to turn away nice cars because the lot was full.

I thought I was doing good getting there by 9am too smh. A few pics
20211121_100352.jpg

20211121_101056.jpg

20211121_093609.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom