\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The interior is definitely a change from what we’re used to…doesnt make it bad. Now I can totally understand people wanting buttons for everything and deciding that the minimalist look isnt for them. I personally love it, and it will be the way of the future for sure. It makes sense - less parts (manufacturing) and clutter. It’s not real leather - still feels great, easier to care for than leather, and plenty of automakers are using synthetic leathers. Once again, this will also be the way of the future, at least mass produced cars (environmental, sourcing).

Theres somethings I get you wanna be futuristic about and yada yadda. But somethings you gotta just leave alone for ergonomic reasons. The buttons replacing the horn, turn signals for example. I know they wanna declutter everything but really, you had to get rid of the 2 stalks? Seen many reviewers complain about that and saying “maybe ill get used to it” and you might but just seems silly to me for those in particular. Have a normal turn signal stalk and horn, im sure the people in the future would appreciate this over buttons. :lol: I usually drive one handed most of the time too, the **** I look like trying to move my one hand to hit the left or right button.

I know some Raris are like that but thats not a DD. I could live with having to use buttons on that whenever I drive it, not my DD though.

078A88E8-D57A-47FD-B613-D95292C5ED38.jpeg

Added the 2022 Lexus LX 600 F SPORT… new family vehicle
More pics!!

Whats crazy is isnt the 0-60 about 2 seconds? How much crazier can that get. 1.5? 1 second? Seems unreal.
It's 1.9, but yeah, the 0-60 can't get much faster, but it's time in the quarter mile time and trap speed have a lot of room for considerable gains.

Whats crazy is isnt the 0-60 about 2 seconds? How much crazier can that get. 1.5? 1 second? Seems unreal. Ive been in a MYP and I floored it and that that shot me to the back of my seat with the torque. I believe thats only 3.5? Ive been in an M5C and floored it and it didnt feel nearly as “gut wrenching”. Coudnt imagine how the MSP acceleration feels.
From my short (1 week) experience-the Plaid feels faster above 90mph. The Performance 3/Y accelerative Gs fall off after 85+ or so.

The Plaids acceleration is relentless I gave up after 110mph on (empty) public roads. Which it got to very quickly.

Got the rug pulled out from under me today, some things just aren't meant to be.

488 GTB was sold as I was arranging financing. Rule of thumb, always have the wire ready when a deal presents itself.

The search continues.

CE8A1BCE-0CC4-49D3-ADAA-2CE1FD609838_1_201_a.jpeg

Yea a lot of people in here looking at the Tesla thing from their personal perspective, not understanding that perspective is far more enthusiast based than the average person.

While a lot of automakers are putting their first decent batteries out, Tesla just started producing their next gen battery (Giga Texas 4680). More range, longer-lasting, cheaper to produce, structural battery pack, faster charging, etc. The charging network speaks for itself and is going to be huge in converting ICE-owners. Teslas can charge at any EV charger…its not the same the other way around

Other automakers have all of these factories they’re now trying to produce EVs in, using the same old tech. Tesla now has 4 huge factories that were built strictly for EV production. They are now making underbody castings that eliminate ~70 parts on each car…a manufacturing dream. The back seats are bolted directly to the new structural battery pack, decreasing weight, making the car safer, etc.

The interior is definitely a change from what we’re used to…doesnt make it bad. Now I can totally understand people wanting buttons for everything and deciding that the minimalist look isnt for them. I personally love it, and it will be the way of the future for sure. It makes sense - less parts (manufacturing) and clutter. It’s not real leather - still feels great, easier to care for than leather, and plenty of automakers are using synthetic leathers. Once again, this will also be the way of the future, at least mass produced cars (environmental, sourcing).

Add to this their direct-to-consumer sales model, no haggle experience being in place is a win and they way of the future. No marketing at all. Elon is basically their marketing…pretty cheap compared to what other automakers are spending

At the end of the day, their jump start on Full Self Driving will be huge. Whether YOU want the car to be autonomous doesnt matter…its coming and Tesla gains more of an advantage daily with the data they have coming in.

A look at their financial statements reveals a lot and they’re doing insane work to continue to lower operating costs and continuing to grow. You may not like the cars…but the business model is hard to debate. I dont see many scenarios where Tesla actually feels theatened in the future. The CEO of VW will openly tell you how far ahead Tesla is…that should say something.
The thing is that interior is super easy to switch from LHD to RHD. One of the biggest costs is switching castings and moldings from different markets. Dashboard assembly is a HUGE part of production cost.

With Tesla being very new to the mass production space at that time, I get the decision.

The ‘problem’ with mainstream OEMs is that they all have to pull from a ‘frankinbasket’ of seats, screens and other parts from suppliers and make it work in their cars. While it has some decided cost advantages, there are very distinct compromises that Tesla has been able to capitalize on in comparison.

But the casting advances are absolutely amazing. What is again frustrating is that I’ve worked for companies that conceptually could have done the same thing.

Last edited:
Got the rug pulled out from under me today, some things just aren't meant to be.

488 GTB was sold as I was arranging financing. Rule of thumb, always have the wire ready when a deal presents itself.

The search continues.

That sucks man, I’ve had that happen to me tho it was on a much….. much small scale lol.

The search continues.

Similar thing happened to me not too long ago on a 458. Sold while I was trying to arrange a PPI

so i was renting the f10 m5 on turo. decided to sell it as mileage was approaching 100k. my friend offered to buy it and i kept doing turo for him as he lives in a smaller town with less demand than me. well 3 months later...there's engine knock and he needs a new engine. dealer quoted $50k+ for a new engine. i'm seeing used engines on ebay for roughly $10k. he's gonna weigh his options and proceed from there.

I was able to meet up with my old colleagues and briefly drove the GT-50.

That project was not...profitable for Nissan. I’m happy to see the company getting its footing back in establishing a refreshing of the old themes.

Even though the GTR is very dated, I still love the feedback you get from an old school steering rack.
IMG_8508.jpg

IMG_8511 2.JPG
IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8458-2.jpg

Last edited:

The search continues.

Same **** happened with a Huracan. Nothing is lasting in this market.

so i was renting the f10 m5 on turo. decided to sell it as mileage was approaching 100k. my friend offered to buy it and i kept doing turo for him as he lives in a smaller town with less demand than me. well 3 months later...there's engine knock and he needs a new engine. dealer quoted $50k+ for a new engine. i'm seeing used engines on ebay for roughly $10k. he's gonna weigh his options and proceed from there.
Yeah if I’m renting an M car, I’m beating the hell out of it too

Geez @ only 100k though

Are you done with the project and keeping it or are you selling the car?
pretty much done i guess. i kept it unpainted bc i would switch parts around and hit up the track. i kinda like the way it is right now w the suspension setup

its getting painted now and im prob just gonna use it to drive around once in a while and start messing with my integra

My brothers F13 M6 had a similar scenario. He sold it to a guy and the engine seized like 4 hours later.

Yea a lot of people in here looking at the Tesla thing from their personal perspective, not understanding that perspective is far more enthusiast based than the average person.

While a lot of automakers are putting their first decent batteries out, Tesla just started producing their next gen battery (Giga Texas 4680). More range, longer-lasting, cheaper to produce, structural battery pack, faster charging, etc. The charging network speaks for itself and is going to be huge in converting ICE-owners. Teslas can charge at any EV charger…its not the same the other way around

Other automakers have all of these factories they’re now trying to produce EVs in, using the same old tech. Tesla now has 4 huge factories that were built strictly for EV production. They are now making underbody castings that eliminate ~70 parts on each car…a manufacturing dream. The back seats are bolted directly to the new structural battery pack, decreasing weight, making the car safer, etc.

Add to this their direct-to-consumer sales model, no haggle experience being in place is a win and they way of the future. No marketing at all. Elon is basically their marketing…pretty cheap compared to what other automakers are spending

At the end of the day, their jump start on Full Self Driving will be huge. Whether YOU want the car to be autonomous doesnt matter…its coming and Tesla gains more of an advantage daily with the data they have coming in.

A look at their financial statements reveals a lot and they’re doing insane work to continue to lower operating costs and continuing to grow. You may not like the cars…but the business model is hard to debate. I dont see many scenarios where Tesla actually feels theatened in the future. The CEO of VW will openly tell you how far ahead Tesla is…that should say something.

Tesla only does EVs while the legacy car makers make everything. With their focus becoming EV’s only we are talking powerhouse companies that will put their resources behind EVs. The landscape will change.

Also Tesla’s valuation is based on an absurd stock price not actual cash reserves.

Competition is good for consumers so all EV’s will get better. What really stinks is being forced into them and into this false they are better for the environment narrative.

Batteries are mined. Most EVs get power from coal power plants. It’s not that simple as people pretend it is. Maybe if you power the car with solar or wind energy do you have an argument.

yeah I get that, I see posts like that all the time on all my social media platforms.

first and foremost, I’m not one to talk, I change cars more frequently than most and am not a prime example of an eco friendly lifestyle. Surely buying some Toyota Camry and running it into the ground would be less wasteful I presume.

even with coal powered or other fossil fuel electricity it would take a vehicle with 60mpg or so to match the emissions output from an EV, which rules out 99% of gas cars. Keep in mind many states are switching further and further away from coal, hydro and natural gas are already far more common than coal powered electricity.

i just think about how many tankers are out there refueling gas stations on a weekly basis and it’s kind of sickening. Anything to alleviate that is a win in my book. Solar must be leveraged and there needs to be a shift.

as far as it being shoved down peoples throats, I mean there you have it. is the best route evolution and gradually moving away from fossil fuel dependency or just inaction because the road there involves waste?

I was able to meet up with my old colleagues and briefly drove the GT-50.

That project was not...profitable for Nissan. I’m happy to see the company getting its footing back in establishing a refreshing of the old themes.

Even though the GTR is very dated, I still love the feedback you get from an old school steering rack.
IMG_8508.jpg

IMG_8511 2.JPG
IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8458-2.jpg
That’s pretty cool seeing that they let people drive it. So as far as the drivetrain its the last as the regular r35? Just a different interior and exterior?

Batteries are mined. Most EVs get power from coal power plants. It’s not that simple as people pretend it is. Maybe if you power the car with solar or wind energy do you have an argument.

Most of the US doesn’t get their own electricity from coal, only about 30% according to the EPA. Maybe this was true 15 years ago, it’s definitely not true now

Back
Top Bottom