\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

i just think about how many tankers are out there refueling gas stations on a weekly basis and it’s kind of sickening. Anything to alleviate that is a win in my book. Solar must be leveraged and there needs to be a shift.

I think one of the new ev’s coming out is also promoting how they have the ability to use solar energy as well. Thought it was interesting, but then at the end I read that it adds something like just 200 miles per year on just solar energy alone. Not a lot at all.

4 hours? Im bringing that **** back to you or someone getting shot idc. :lol:

Haha I agree.

For what it’s worth, I sold the car to my friend like 3 months ago for about $5k below market value and he made just under $6k profit in those 3 months. Used engine will be about $9k and the cost to swap it in will be about another $2k (I’m guessing). He’ll probably end up selling it once he gets it fixed so overall he’ll be taking a small L on the whole ordeal. Better than the $52k for a new engine that bmw quoted.

I was able to meet up with my old colleagues and briefly drove the GT-50.

That project was not...profitable for Nissan. I’m happy to see the company getting its footing back in establishing a refreshing of the old themes.

Even though the GTR is very dated, I still love the feedback you get from an old school steering rack.
IMG_8508.jpg

IMG_8511 2.JPG
IMG_8510.jpg

IMG_8458-2.jpg

Yeah, for roughly $1M, no wonder it wasn't profitable. I'm sorry, I've never been a fan of the GT-R. Just never liked it. Yeah, it's fast. Fast as heck, but it's big and heavy. And then taking one and bumping it 9x it's normal price is just nuts. The end of the day, it's a million dollar...Nissan. There are SO MANY different (and better) cars one could buy for the price of this.

Tesla only does EVs while the legacy car makers make everything. With their focus becoming EV’s only we are talking powerhouse companies that will put their resources behind EVs. The landscape will change.

Also Tesla’s valuation is based on an absurd stock price not actual cash reserves.

Competition is good for consumers so all EV’s will get better. What really stinks is being forced into them and into this false they are better for the environment narrative.
All of the weight they’ll have to shed from producing ICE cars for decades, whether it be factories/equipment or the old and stubborn ways of thinking is just going to make it harder for those manufacturers to take that next step. But of course they will get there - they have no choice

I will hold my thoughts on the stock - I could talk about that all day lol. But I feel extremely comfortable parking a lot of my money there long-term

I always tell people I didnt buy a Tesla because theyre better for the environment. I believe theyre superior vehicles. At the very least, the best combination of value for my personal wants/needs. When people start looking at EVs as a value proposition, we will see a shift for consumers. I couldnt get out of my IS fast enough after wanting that car for years

That’s pretty cool seeing that they let people drive it. So as far as the drivetrain its the last as the regular r35? Just a different interior and exterior?
Yes it was literally around the block, but a very cool experience for sure. All builds came with the GT-R Nismo drivetrain upgraded to 700hp or so.

Yeah, for roughly $1M, no wonder it wasn't profitable. I'm sorry, I've never been a fan of the GT-R. Just never liked it. Yeah, it's fast. Fast as heck, but it's big and heavy. And then taking one and bumping it 9x it's normal price is just nuts. The end of the day, it's a million dollar...Nissan. There are SO MANY different (and better) cars one could buy for the price of this.
All but two sold, the issue is the 'fantasy' aspect of the very expensive build and design process overran the budget.

I won't get into politics, but the short of it this was about forcing management to approve a R36 among other things.

But the concept was solid, as the buyer demographics pretty much lined up with projections-there are many that are interested in the very specific way a Japanese supercar from that era approaches 'speed.' What is interesting about your observation about weight is chatting with lead engineers, the original concept was to engineer a heaver car purposefully to help with stability at certain yaw/pitch angles. When properly set up (latest Nismo IMHO) one can feel how planted that car is at corners over 100mph vs lighter cars. To this day, it’s one of the few supercars I’ve driven that can make a layman driver feel like a hero.

Its also note worthy that quite a few sports cars-German in particular, have seen weights crept up and add a lot of what the GT-R brought to the table conceptually. (If one wants to point out the Porsche 959, I might somewhat concede lol).

But as noted, preferences differ.

Last edited:
Tesla only does EVs while the legacy car makers make everything. With their focus becoming EV’s only we are talking powerhouse companies that will put their resources behind EVs. The landscape will change.

Also Tesla’s valuation is based on an absurd stock price not actual cash reserves.

Competition is good for consumers so all EV’s will get better. What really stinks is being forced into them and into this false they are better for the environment narrative.
this is where consumers win

a loader that you'd used in a mine burns about 15 gal of diesel an hour, get 30 of them running and that's a good amount of fuel.

but the ship used to transport the material uses 65k gallons of fuel a day. :lol:

sure if everyone got an ev and kept them forever I could see it being better but not when you're getting a new one every other year.

If you like ev thats fine but the way people switch cars I don't see how they could possibly be better.

Didn’t take long for the yoke to be copied lol. My mom ordered a custom full sized steering wheel for her X that hasnt come in yet, thought she would hate the yoke. After driving with it for a little bit she said she doesnt mind it at all. Custom wheel is already in production so she has to take it anyway

Definitely decent looking, just sad specs for that price

Didn’t take long for the yoke to be copied lol. My mom ordered a custom full sized steering wheel for her X that hasnt come in yet, thought she would hate the yoke. After driving with it for a little bit she said she doesnt mind it at all. Custom wheel is already in production so she has to take it anyway

Definitely decent looking, just sad specs for that price
I don’t know how 300hp translates to EV performance, and I have no idea how much hp or torque my car has lol. I’d be all over that Lexus if it had range closer to 300mi. It’s actually not really inefficient since the estimated 225mi range from a 65kw battery equals around 288wh/mi 🤔

I don’t know how 300hp translates to EV performance, and I have no idea how much hp or torque my car has lol. I’d be all over that Lexus if it had range closer to 300mi. It’s actually not really inefficient since the estimated 225mi range from a 65kw battery equals around 288wh/mi 🤔
Yea its more of a battery size issue than anything. A lot of manufacturers understate their advertised ranges as opposed to Tesla overstating. That may be the case for Lexus, curious to see

I let my detail guy wash my cars today while im at work.

Watched his IG story and noticed he now jacks up the car to clean the wheel wells and hard to reach areas. This is fine right? I just hope he using them correctly. Don't want the car chewed up.

IMG_6855.PNG

Last edited:
All but two sold, the issue is the 'fantasy' aspect of the very expensive build and design process overran the budget.

I won't get into politics, but the short of it this was about forcing management to approve a R36 among other things.

But the concept was solid, as the buyer demographics pretty much lined up with projections-there are many that are interested in the very specific way a Japanese supercar from that era approaches 'speed.' What is interesting about your observation about weight is cutting with engineers, the concept was to have a heaver car purposefully to help with stability at certain yaw/pitch angles. When properly set up (latest Nismo IMHO) one can feel how planted that car is at corners over 100mph vs lighter cars.

Its also note worthy that quite a few sports cars-German in particular, have seen weights crept up and add a lot of what the GT-R brought to the table conceptually. (If one wants to point out the Porsche 959, I might somewhat concede lol).

But as noted, preferences differ.

Heavy? Yes. Old? Check.

But fast, nimble, a blast to drive and well deserving of it's reputation even 15 years after it's initial debut.

Alot of folks want to discredit it... But where are we today when it comes to affordable, modern supercars if the GTR doesn't push the market forward?

Stock vs. stock, the GTR still whips alot of ***
Modified vs. modified, the GTR still whips alot of ***.

All while still fitting in under a decent budget.

I let my detail guy wash my cars today while im at work.

Watched his IG story and noticed he now jacks up the car to clean the wheel wells and hard to reach areas. This is fine right? I just hope he using them correctly. Don't want the car chewed up.

IMG_6855.PNG
Risk vs. reward... Doesn't seem worth it.

Back
Top Bottom