\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Everytime i see your garage pic, i think theres a wall and
i imagine you going thru your passenger side 😂
:lol: Lol that would suck man. Before my dad started parking his CR-V in that spot my old garage neighbor once very awkwardly & crookedly parked his car in the spot & I did have to crawl out the passenger side, lol.

I had his # & thought to call him & tell him to properly park his car but let it go...you never know how someone will react so I didn't want to escalate the matter. And yup, no wall there, lol.
20220722_095127.jpg

Welp familia, seems like my baby needs some TLC. It's overdue for an oil change by a month, #2. she's stalling in manual mode. As the RPM's come down from 1st gear & as it gets close to 15mph or lower it stalls.

I was revving it for some youngins at a red light couple weeks back & shifted back to drive & was just about to hammer it when it stalled...**** was mad embarrassing :rofl: . And after my trip to Connecticut it seems like there's a leak around the front left wheel.

Spoke to my builder & he said the stalling is a tuning issue & will be corrected & he said the leak is most likely antifreeze- it's pinkish-red in color. I have to drop it off & leave it Wednesday at the shop. Is it safe to drive though? My antifreeze reservoir is pretty much dry.
20220731_202128.jpg
20220731_202136.jpg
20220804_120100.jpg
20220804_120105.jpg

^ Definitely wouldn't drive it without refilling it. Can cause for car to overheat and cause major engine issues. A leak that big you should be able to see where it's leaking from even if you add a little coolant and follow it. Could be as simple as a hose/clamp needs to be tighten/ replaced 🤷🏽‍♂️

^ Definitely wouldn't drive it without refilling it. Can cause for car to overheat and cause major engine issues. A leak that big you should be able to see where it's leaking from even if you add a little coolant and follow it. Could be as simple as a hose/clamp needs to be tighten/ replaced 🤷🏽‍♂️
Yeah good advice. I haven't even turned it on since I spotted the leak...too scared to, lol. Hopefully it's what you said just a loose hose/clamp & nothing major. Any idea on the stalling?
Go to the local dealer and get a fresh gallon of mopar antifreeze.
Yeah, going to swing by Bayside Dodge after work & pick up a gallon. I had roadside assistance through Progressive & was going to tow it to Jim. I just renewed my policy on the 4th & cancelled the roadside because in my 6 years of having I never used it & now this happens, lol.

I tried adding it back on but it won't go into effect till the 13th. Roadside covers up to 15 miles distance to tow it to a shop & every additional mile they charge a fee & TrueSt is 32 miles from me.

So out of pocket tow through Progressive is about $350- yikes! But I'm going to see what's up down there with the hoses & refill that coolant later today. A bottle of coolant at $24 is better than paying $350 for a tow, lol.

What can you tell me about the stalling? Your car ever have this issue? Jim said that's AJ's dept. so they'll be holding the car for a few days.

Both scats the black one has a supercharger
Nice! What're his cars #'s- do you know by any chance & if it's a magnuson SC? If I ever(highly doubtful) go forced induction on my Scat this is the one & only way I'm doing it- BDS blower :pimp:. I inquired about it with my builder but TrueSt doesn't do BDS blower setups. It looks SICK! Almost like a Mad Max car.
Screenshot_20220808-193108_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220808-193045_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220808-193040_Chrome.jpg

^ It's a combination of the aggressive cams, cold weather, and the tune imo
Did you get the car just dyno tuned or did they go the extra mile to do some data-logging on the street? You should invest in a wideband 02 sensor(s) so you can watch your AFRs live so you can see if you car is running rich/lean at any given moment.

Nice! What're his cars #'s- do you know by any chance & if it's a magnuson SC? If I ever(highly doubtful) go forced induction on my Scat this is the one & only way I'm doing it- BDS blower :pimp:. I inquired about it with my builder but TrueSt doesn't do BDS blower setups. It looks SICK! Almost like a Mad Max car.
Screenshot_20220808-193108_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220808-193045_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220808-193040_Chrome.jpg
He has a kenn Bell supercharger. I think he makes around 620whp. The kenn Bell is quiet as hell compare to the hellcat supercharger

^ It's a combination of the aggressive cams, cold weather, and the tune imo
Did you get the car just dyno tuned or did they go the extra mile to do some data-logging on the street? You should invest in a wideband 02 sensor(s) so you can watch your AFRs live so you can see if you car is running rich/lean at any given moment.
I'm not sure actually about the data-logging on the street. They did about 12 dyno pulls to dial it in from what I do know. That's actually great advice, ty bro- I'm going to speak to my guy about installing the wideband 02 sensor on Wednesday.
He has a kenn Bell supercharger. I think he makes around 620whp. The kenn Bell is quiet as hell compare to the hellcat supercharger
620whp- damn! That's legit. Y'know it's funny you say that because on a lot of these videos I watch on YouTube of aftermarket SC's on Mopars I have noticed the whine is almost mute in comparison to Dodges factory SC. Even my boy who used to run a Maggie & now has a Whipple is pretty quiet whine wise. I wonder why?

Welp familia, seems like my baby needs some TLC. It's overdue for an oil change by a month, #2. she's stalling in manual mode. As the RPM's come down from 1st gear & as it gets close to 15mph or lower it stalls.

I was revving it for some youngins at a red light couple weeks back & shifted back to drive & was just about to hammer it when it stalled...**** was mad embarrassing :rofl: . And after my trip to Connecticut it seems like there's a leak around the front left wheel.

Spoke to my builder & he said the stalling is a tuning issue & will be corrected & he said the leak is most likely antifreeze- it's pinkish-red in color. I have to drop it off & leave it Wednesday at the shop. Is it safe to drive though? My antifreeze reservoir is pretty much dry.
20220731_202128.jpg
20220731_202136.jpg
20220804_120100.jpg
20220804_120105.jpg

Check with your fingers. If it's watery, it's coolant. If it feels like oil, it's your transmission fluid. They have a similar color when shot with a camera with the flash on

Most likely coolant. Check your coolant lines for a leak. Don't drive it especially in the summer since your engine will overheat.

My garage has yellow paint too on the support beams and I scraped my mirror against. A nice yellow gash of paint on my black mirror. Most of it actually went away just on its own from car washes. Alcohol should get rid of the rest no?
Some rubbing compound/scratch remover should get scuffs/transfers out real easy I use it all the time if I’m in a pinch keep a small bottle in the whip/garage

Check with your fingers. If it's watery, it's coolant. If it feels like oil, it's your transmission fluid. They have a similar color when shot with a camera with the flash on

Most likely coolant. Check your coolant lines for a leak. Don't drive it especially in the summer since your engine will overheat.
It was watery. So I bought some Mopar antifreeze yesterday & about an hour ago topped the reservoir off. My dad helped me to trace a leak. We turned on the car, let it idle for 15 mins & few revs here n there...no leak, no smell, nothing. I just took it to the gas station to fill up & back home. Turned it off...waited a few minutes & still no leak at all, not a single drop. It's so weird I can't figure out why it leaked in the first place.

Going to go back in the garage in the morning & check for a leak so let's see what happens. Dropping it off at the shop tmrw so if there is anything while up on the lift I'm sure they'll see it. I hate leaks of any kind. It drives me crazy to not know how or what caused it.

It was watery. So I bought some Mopar antifreeze yesterday & about an hour ago topped the reservoir off. My dad helped me to trace a leak. We turned on the car, let it idle for 15 mins & few revs here n there...no leak, no smell, nothing. I just took it to the gas station to fill up & back home. Turned it off...waited a few minutes & still no leak at all, not a single drop. It's so weird I can't figure out why it leaked in the first place.

Going to go back in the garage in the morning & check for a leak so let's see what happens. Dropping it off at the shop tmrw so if there is anything while up on the lift I'm sure they'll see it. I hate leaks of any kind. It drives me crazy to not know how or what caused it.
Hope it gets resolved.

They actually sell dyes that you add that makes tracing leaks easier for future reference.

Try RMI that stuff will expose any leak you have in your cooling system

Back
Top Bottom