\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What some people fail to realize is that having an extended warranty is for total "piece of mind". To know that if your out away from home, you'll be covered. And for some people, they want that piece for mind. I bought it with my Mustang when I got it new. Bought an extra year. Didn't need it but it was my first new car, first car I financed, so the piece of mind was worth the small amount it cost me.

Last edited:
This thing really is pretty good. Everywhere I go people ask questions. Most have no idea what Polestar is. The charging thing has been complicated but I’ve been fine overall.
17D048BE-7821-43B8-BD27-B5423753C28D.jpeg

Yeah, most will have ZERO clue what Polestar is. And don't even bring up the prior Polestar cars from Volvo (their performance division) That will confuse them even more, lol.

Gosh I loved those older Polestars. I'll always have a soft spot for an S60/V60 in Cyan Blue. Such awesome cars. Only the true car person knew what these were when they saw the color. 👍👍

2018-volvo-s60-polestar-carbuzz-355854.jpg
azogx9v0kpp51.jpg

That’s fair

I just don’t care personally, everyone is different. If I break down in west Texas or whatever I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

That’s fair

I just don’t care personally, everyone is different. If I break down in west Texas or whatever I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Totally understandable. But the cool thing with some of the manufacturers plans, is that they actually reimburse you for expenses paid for having a breakdown away from home. Ford was $500 back for lodging, meals, etc if you broke down xx miles from home and had to stay over while the dealer fixed it. This was when I was selling cars, and I'm not sure if it's still the same (probably is) but not bad knowing that you'd get your money back for stuff you paid for having to deal with a breakdown in the middle of bumblebleep USA.

THINKING ABOUT TRADING THE TUNDRA IN FOR A 2023 TAHOE( IT’LL BE MY 3RD ONE).

I BOUGHT THE TUNDRA 1/5/21 WITH 43 MILES ON IT. IM CURRENTLY AT 19,9XX MILES AS OF TODAY.

MY REASON FOR THESE THOUGHTS:
-I DON’T USE MY TRUCK AS I THOUGHT I WOULD.
-I HAVEN’T HAD ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT IN THE BED TO EVEN TALK ABOUT IN ALMOST 2YRS OF OWNERSHIP.
-I’VE ONLY EVER TOWED 1 THING(MY OLD SCHOOL BACK IN AUGUST)
-AND IT TAKES UP TOO MUCH HORIZONTAL SPACE IN MY GARAGE(I’VE BEEN IN DENIAL SINCE DAY 1)… IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET ANYTHING FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GARAGE, I HAVE TO OPEN THE DOOR. NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT. ITS REALLY BECOMING A HEADACHE.

SO I WAS LOOKING TO GET SOMETHING SMALLER, BUT STILL BIG, TO HAUL THE FAM AROUND SOMETIMES.

I HAD WALK AROUND ROOM IN THE GARAGE WHEN I HAD MY LAST TAHOE.

AS FAR AS MECHANICAL, ZERO COMPLAINTS OUT THE TUNDRA. NONE WHATSOEVER.

YOUR THOUGHTS/INSIGHT?

I thought about getting a warranty when I got my rav4 but I’m glad I didn’t. Have barely had any issues :lol: and I’m 85k miles in since I got it

I BOUGHT THE TUNDRA 1/5/21 WITH 43 MILES ON IT. IM CURRENTLY AT 19,9XX MILES AS OF TODAY.

-I HAVEN’T HAD ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT IN THE BED TO EVEN TALK ABOUT IN ALMOST 2YRS OF OWNERSHIP.
-AND IT TAKES UP TOO MUCH HORIZONTAL SPACE IN MY GARAGE(I’VE BEEN IN DENIAL SINCE DAY 1)… IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET ANYTHING FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GARAGE, I HAVE TO OPEN THE DOOR. NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT. ITS REALLY BECOMING A HEADACHE.

SO I WAS LOOKING TO GET SOMETHING SMALLER, BUT STILL BIG, TO HAUL THE FAM AROUND SOMETIMES.

YOUR THOUGHTS/INSIGHT?

Stop yelling! Eh, I’d wait for the new 4Runner.

Is this whole "Going to talk to my manager to make sure youre taken care of/got all your questions answered" and then the manager comes out to try to pressure you more a new standard tactic?

It's been 5-6 years since I've bought a new car and I'm looking to buy one for my wife. Unless the first salesman offers the deal of a lifetime, I won't buy on the first visit. But the first 5 dealerships we've been to have all pulled this same BS. I know I've seen it in the past but not every time like I am now. Could just be bad luck but damn it is it off putting.

Is this whole "Going to talk to my manager to make sure youre taken care of/got all your questions answered" and then the manager comes out to try to pressure you more a new standard tactic?

It's been 5-6 years since I've bought a new car and I'm looking to buy one for my wife. Unless the first salesman offers the deal of a lifetime, I won't buy on the first visit. But the first 5 dealerships we've been to have all pulled this same BS. I know I've seen it in the past but not every time like I am now. Could just be bad luck but damn it is it off putting.
The last few times I purchased a vehicle I went through my credit union to get a check for a pre-determined amount, then I'd do most of the conversing via email/text. Once we agree on price I just go in and sign, last purchase took me about 90 minutes (assessing my trade-in + cleaning the new vehicle + paperwork)

211x81 ON TAHOE AND 229x80 ON TUNDRA.

THIS IS WHAT IM WORKING WITH CURRENTLY REGARDING LENGTH IN MY GARAGE.

FRONT
A7D62C0A-BBD9-4EB9-B117-606178B59466.jpeg

REAR
DB7A86D8-6F95-4FC6-83CE-812C6DF31D22.jpeg

ZERO ROOM FOR ERROR WHEN PARKING. 😂🙄
I haven't been MORE PROUD of a person than I am of you right now. You speak with bass in your voice and conviction in your heart. Have you looked at an Expedition?

I'm an outside of the box person when it comes to vehicle purchases but I don't do too much negotiating when I'm at the dealership. I am pretty loyal to people that I meet at dealerships and I usually go through the same folks every time I buy a car of a particular brand. I go in knowing what a car costs and what my budget is so a few dollars here or there is worth less than my time. I never spend more than an hour at dealership.

211x81 ON TAHOE AND 229x80 ON TUNDRA.

THIS IS WHAT IM WORKING WITH CURRENTLY REGARDING LENGTH IN MY GARAGE.

FRONT
A7D62C0A-BBD9-4EB9-B117-606178B59466.jpeg

REAR
DB7A86D8-6F95-4FC6-83CE-812C6DF31D22.jpeg

ZERO ROOM FOR ERROR WHEN PARKING. 😂🙄
Plenty of room. My Raptor is in the garage at a diagonal. I barely make it in and have to hit the garage door closer and stand at the back of the truck to make sure it doesn’t hit.

I'm an outside of the box person when it comes to vehicle purchases but I don't do too much negotiating when I'm at the dealership. I am pretty loyal to people that I meet at dealerships and I usually go through the same folks every time I buy a car of a particular brand. I go in knowing what a car costs and what my budget is so a few dollars here or there is worth less than my time. I never spend more than an hour at dealership.

THIS!! 👏👏 This right here is what happens when you go back to the same salesperson at the same dealer. They WILL take care of you and make it as fast as humanly possible to get you what you want and get you in and out.

I commend you (and thank you) for sticking with your salesperson. I was thankful for all my clients who came back over and over for cars throughout my 23 years. This is what distinguishes a great salesperson from an average one. Whenever I had someone come back for another car, I got as much info as I had on file to start the paperwork for a purchase. And then I'd just have them email me DL, Ins Card & Reg for paperwork.

Have them fill out online credit and I'd get the car cleaned asap so that's out of the way. When the arrived, it's literally 15-30 minutes tops in the finance office. Then I'd ask them what they needed me to show them, compared to their prior model (usually little stuff as the overall functionality was the same. Maybe touch screen after pairing their phones). Then they were off. Quick for both of us. 👍

YOUR THOUGHTS/INSIGHT?
2BEDFB74-3154-49D7-B259-8581B9516862.gif

THIS!! 👏👏 This right here is what happens when you go back to the same salesperson at the same dealer. They WILL take care of you and make it as fast as humanly possible to get you what you want and get you in and out.

I commend you (and thank you) for sticking with your salesperson. I was thankful for all my clients who came back over and over for cars throughout my 23 years. This is what distinguishes a great salesperson from an average one. Whenever I had someone come back for another car, I got as much info as I had on file to start the paperwork for a purchase. And then I'd just have them email me DL, Ins Card & Reg for paperwork.

Have them fill out online credit and I'd get the car cleaned asap so that's out of the way. When the arrived, it's literally 15-30 minutes tops in the finance office. Then I'd ask them what they needed me to show them, compared to their prior model (usually little stuff as the overall functionality was the same. Maybe touch screen after pairing their phones). Then they were off. Quick for both of us. 👍
Loyalty is a big deal to me. I have never had a salesperson that didn’t reward loyalty on any purchase. I get a good price and experience and they get a customer for life.

Last purchase I made the sales team was pretty detached and unhelpful after the sale. It felt like because I wasn't a big money purchase they didn't put much effort into it. Not taking into consideration over time those purchases and loyalty would come. Gotta treat everyone with respect, person working the front desk could be a future exec.

Back
Top Bottom