\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What's your guy's take on ceramic coating? Is it worth it, and how much should I expect to pay on a model 3?

I’ve been looking at new wheels but I might just get the bead lock rings. The stock 37 wheels are pretty dope, but the offset/stance is hella weak
I have 17x8.5 ET25 now and they sit flush with fenders with 37's. Stock 37 is ET30 so not much different.
I had 17.8.5 ET0 and they were too far out for me. Also I read if you run that size you risk jamming the wheel into the fender.

Would you actually use the bead lock function?
How much do they weigh?

Btw I just looked those up and they’re $335 a wheel so how does he come up with $3k if not including tires?
…or are these the forged version with a different color ring?
think they the forged ones. when your in the sand the super low pressure it allows u to run is optimal. but ima pass don't have time for car stuff right now

think they the forged ones. when your in the sand the super low pressure it allows u to run is optimal. but ima pass don't have time for car stuff right now
True but not DOT approved so you'd need a second set unless you're going to go back and forth on the same wheel.

What's your guy's take on ceramic coating? Is it worth it, and how much should I expect to pay on a model 3?
Better off getting xpel PPF if you can swing it. I got full front PPF and down the sides for about $2500

Ceramic coating will probably run you between $500 and $1000 depending on where you go

Been waiting 2years for this….
ED0B58F2-2DBE-4D43-A121-48E4030BDF48.jpeg

Then RAM drops this….

74FB6939-7512-42F3-B4CE-E4AB9D6A9CAF.jpeg

Still got one on order. Placed it day one they took 2023 orders. Hopefully it gets pulled for production & serialized in a month or two. I honestly can't wait to get it. It's perfect for what I need it for.

And before anyone goes on saying "get a real truck blah blah blah", or something of the sort, it's simple....I DON'T NEED ONE!! This is Ford's replacement for the Fusion Hybrids since they don't make cars anymore. And I love having a vehicle that gets over 40 mpg without even trying (the Maverick gets more). And having a small bed is perfect for my Trek and for a set of Kayaks I plan on getting once I get the truck. If it wasn't popular, it wouldn't be selling so well.

May I ask, why won't you drive one? Is it an image thing?

It doesn't fit my lifestyle. I do a lot of outdoor activities with my friends from biking, ATVs , and towing the jetski with friends at the lake. Plus the occasional camping trip off pavement and up to the mountains during the winter season in Tahoe to go snowboarding. During football season, we'll also tailgate at the game so I'll bring the grill, the tables, etc. which fills up the bed. Plus the friends I hang out with are 6' 200lbs+. There's no way the Maverick can accomplish even 25% of what I do, let alone fit my friends comfortably.

IF It was me in the vehicle by myself all the time and I had no real use for the bed, I can see it making sense. The MPG is an added plus too. But for people who are active, the Maverick doesn't cut it.

It doesn't fit my lifestyle. I do a lot of outdoor activities with my friends from biking, ATVs , and towing the jetski with friends at the lake. Plus the occasional camping trip off pavement and up to the mountains during the winter season in Tahoe to go snowboarding. During football season, we'll also tailgate at the game so I'll bring the grill, the tables, etc. which fills up the bed. Plus the friends I hang out with are 6' 200lbs+. There's no way the Maverick can accomplish even 25% of what I do, let alone fit my friends comfortably.

IF It was me in the vehicle by myself all the time and I had no real use for the bed, I can see it making sense. The MPG is an added plus too. But for people who are active, the Maverick doesn't cut it.

I get you. I'm also active and for what I do (riding a Trek hybrid bike and kayak) it's perfect. I'm only getting it for two reasons. The lack of a sedan from Ford, and the fact it's the basic replacement for said Fusion Hybrid sedan and gets even better MPGs than what I have now (which is over 40 per).

Best cities to drive in in California? Spirited driving i mean :nerd:

If you’re in SoCal, Angeles Crest Highway is the one a lot of youtubers take the cars to film their drives.

Also, Mulholland Drive/Highway is another great one.

Both of these highways lead into LA metro area. Once you get out of the outer city limits, the road opens up and is wide open to free driving.

Last edited:

7:30 minutes in and dont need to watch the rest of it, im sold. :lol: Built in karaoke machine (with a mic :lol:) and a pretty damn good looking interior. Center screen also rotates if you want it landscape or portrait. Exterior looks good too, and the badge for the trim level is its 0-60 time. :lol:

Best cities to drive in in California? Spirited driving i mean :nerd:
Malibu has all the best roads/views you'll be in the mountains overlooking the ocean and then LA is right there on the way back
take PCH to Mulholland HIGHWAY not mulholland drive theres a few cafes/breweries up there if you want to stop for a bite/drink
angeles crest is also good but for a visitor i recommend malibu. you'll see super cars cruising in the canyons too :lol:

Back
Top Bottom