\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

In the market for a new vehicle, looking at used car prices vs new their is some slight difference. Currently looking at Lexus es350 2019-2020. Interest rates are also crazy high, have my pre approval letter and was shocked at the rate their giving me which is 5.2. Last purchased I made in 2015 was at 1.7. Damnn . Anyone in here have a gx460? I’m debating if I want to get rid of my current Durango for it.

Wife had a 2019 F Sport.. added RS-R springs, a Tom’s Racing kit and wheels.. was a great daily…
IMG_5362.jpeg
IMG_5364.jpeg
IMG_5363.jpeg

Wife had a 2019 F Sport.. added RS-R springs, a Tom’s Racing kit and wheels.. was a great daily…
IMG_5362.jpeg
IMG_5364.jpeg
IMG_5363.jpeg
ES, looks pretty good. Hmmm really looking at the GS F Sport as a driver, but well done ES. Only thing is need or needed some tint on those windows.

ES, looks pretty good. Hmmm really looking at the GS F Sport as a driver, but well done ES. Only thing is need or needed some tint on those windows.

She had a GS F Sport when it first came out in 2013… RS-R springs and Lexon kit with wheels etc.. it was loaded including optional rear steer
Both look good but to me ES does look better
GS drives way better with better interior..honestly one of the best driving and handling cars around at its time
GS has much more seat adjustments and better seats
GS brakes are far superior
GS sounds better
ES is roomier
GS is faster
ES takes regular gas. GS premium
Easier to get triple beam headlights on the ES than GS.
Honestly if we got an ES again, would just go with the hybrid F Sport which gets 44 MPG.. it’s no sports sedan so might as well save gas
If we ever did a GS again would get a GS F… been flirting with that for while now
Want an amazing unicorn. Look for a GS 450h F sport which got 30 MPG with 340hp or so
IMG_5365.jpeg

She had a GS F Sport when it first came out in 2013… RS-R springs and Lexon kit with wheels etc.. it was loaded including optional rear steer
Both look good but to me ES does look better
GS drives way better with better interior..honestly one of the best driving and handling cars around at its time
GS has much more seat adjustments and better seats
GS brakes are far superior
GS sounds better
ES is roomier
GS is faster
ES takes regular gas. GS premium
Easier to get triple beam headlights on the ES than GS.
Honestly if we got an ES again, would just go with the hybrid F Sport which gets 44 MPG.. it’s no sports sedan so might as well save gas
If we ever did a GS again would get a GS F… been flirting with that for while now
Want an amazing unicorn. Look for a GS 450h F sport which got 30 MPG with 340hp or so
IMG_5365.jpeg
Much appreciated on the detailed info, sucks GS takes premium. Are engines similar? I like the look of the GS, but if prices are close might as well get the ES. Just upgrade the brakes from GS and get a hybrid version. Daughters are getting bigger, so the fact the ES has more room is good to know.

I saw the GS F but tossed it out because I didn't need that much power to shuttle the family around.

Simple question is, Why are Jeeps so expensive(mainly the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee)?
Stellantis and greed. It seems like for the 2022 year, all coveted Dodge products got a price hike.

The 6.4 engine isn’t new or rare, but they put it in a Jeep and charge 82 grand for it. That’s wild. They brought back an old spec of the 300 by putting the 6.4 in it and charged $56,000 for it. Challenger scat packs started at 40k in 2021; now they start at 47k. Grand Wagoneer prices will make your eyes water.

In my opinion they don’t understand the American market and a little bit of me thinks they are spiteful that these big dumb American cars sell so well, which is why they are canceling/ replacing some cars that still sell well despite their age and platform (Challenger/ Charger/ 300).

Wouldn’t surprise me if they were price gouging on the union made models too because they are pissed they aren’t made in Mexico or something I remember them buying people out of jobs for a voluntary lay off.

i
Much appreciated on the detailed info, sucks GS takes premium. Are engines similar? I like the look of the GS, but if prices are close might as well get the ES. Just upgrade the brakes from GS and get a hybrid version. Daughters are getting bigger, so the fact the ES has more room is good to know.

I saw the GS F but tossed it out because I didn't need that much power to shuttle the family around.

Same 3.5 V-6, GS has some trick valve timing for more power and needs premium. ES sounds like it would fit the bill more if room is higher on the priority list

Stellantis and greed. It seems like for the 2022 year, all coveted Dodge products got a price hike.

The 6.4 engine isn’t new or rare, but they put it in a Jeep and charge 82 grand for it. That’s wild. They brought back an old spec of the 300 by putting the 6.4 in it and charged $56,000 for it. Challenger scat packs started at 40k in 2021; now they start at 47k. Grand Wagoneer prices will make your eyes water.

In my opinion they don’t understand the American market and a little bit of me thinks they are spiteful that these big dumb American cars sell so well, which is why they are canceling/ replacing some cars that still sell well despite their age and platform (Challenger/ Charger/ 300).
Yeah, the Grand Wagoneer is criminally overpriced.. Although, the interior is top notch, but still doesn’t warrant the $100k plus price tag. Not to mention, they got away with the V8 and now use a turbo charge V6…smh. Honestly, it’s still wild that it’s a few of them out on the road with that hefty price tag.

That’s why I said a few pages back, people who buy these overpriced large SUV’s/Trucks are either extremely rich, married(both make over $100k a year EACH), or really live above their means. I’m not trying to pocket watch, but Unless you’re rich, I just don’t see how people can buy these $70k to over $100k SUV’s like it’s nothing. I see why they keep making them. They definitely sell. It’s just insane how expensive they are. $91k for a Jeep Wrangler 392…lmfaoooo

Yeah, the Grand Wagoneer is criminally overpriced.. Although, the interior is top notch, but still doesn’t warrant the $100k plus price tag. Not to mention, they got away with the V8 and now use a turbo charge V6…smh. Honestly, it’s still wild that it’s a few of them out on the road with that hefty price tag.

That’s why I said a few pages back, people who buy these overpriced large SUV’s/Trucks are either extremely rich, married(both make over $100k a year EACH), or really live above their means. I’m not trying to pocket watch, but Unless you’re rich, I just don’t see how people can buy these $70k to over $100k SUV’s like it’s nothing. I see why they keep making them. They definitely sell. It’s just insane how expensive they are. $91k for a Jeep Wrangler 392…lmfaoooo
I rented one out in New Mexico a couple of weeks back. The thing was HUGE for just me, gave me a free upgrade, and on works dime I said why not. Took it down some dirt roads and handled them better than I expected. I definitely wouldn't buy one, just can't justify the price tag. The older I get and the bigger my girls get the less I need something like that. Mainly just pile the luggage in the Tundra and be out. If I must have an SUV just rent a Tahoe for the weekend for travel.

Yea that was def too generous :lol: I actually paid 18k 5 years ago

Bought my Accord at the local Honda in April 2018 for 23, sold it back to them end of March 2023 for 20.

It didn’t last long on the lot maybe 3 weeks they sold it for a 24

Wanted to sell it on my own could have gotten a lil more but didn’t have time for that process

Was quoted $360 for some regular tint (4 doors + rear window)

Swear it used to be closer to $200 :lol:

I guess it has been a while since I’ve tinted something

Got a call earlier from the shop & they said they put in a new aftermarket thermostat in my car and that they tested it let it idle & it was running as cool as a cucumber. Drove to pick it up all was well for about 20 minutes.

The "engine temperature hot" warning & symbol came on twice on the highway...coolant temp went up to 260 degrees. Came on a 3rd time by the time I got to my garage & right on schedule it pissed all of its coolant out yet again. This is the 3rd time now.

I'm pretty heated right now to be honest like VERY heated! I'm beginning to think they don't know their stuff when it comes to repairs at this shop. I'm not no auto expert by any means but at this point I won't be surprised if my engine has some serious damage to it with this constant overheating in the past week.

I have to tow it back to the shop all over again tomorrow. What a goddamn waste of time & $.
20230605_175059.jpg
20230605_184344.jpg

Got a call earlier from the shop & they said they put in a new aftermarket thermostat in my car and that they tested it let it idle & it was running as cool as a cucumber. Drove to pick it up all was well for about 20 minutes.

The "engine temperature hot" warning & symbol came on twice on the highway...coolant temp went up to 260 degrees. Came on a 3rd time by the time I got to my garage & right on schedule it pissed all of its coolant out yet again. This is the 3rd time now.

I'm pretty heated right now to be honest like VERY heated! I'm beginning to think they don't know their stuff when it comes to repairs at this shop. I'm not no auto expert by any means but at this point I won't be surprised if my engine has some serious damage to it with this constant overheating in the past week.

I have to tow it back to the shop all over again tomorrow. What a goddamn waste of time & $.
20230605_175059.jpg
20230605_184344.jpg
sheesh is this the same shop that the dude with a hellcat in this thread takes it too?
if not maybe u should take and not ask for a refund from ur current shop and take it to a better shop

What “aftermarket thermostat” did they put? Should have got the Mishimoto thermostat. I doubt they tested the new thermostat for long also. For that to happen in the span of 20 minutes? No way. They installed some cheap thermostat and started car and said ok everything’s fine. I would not bring the car back to them. Get a reliable performance shop that knows what they are doing

Was quoted $360 for some regular tint (4 doors + rear window)

Swear it used to be closer to $200 :lol:

I guess it has been a while since I’ve tinted something
Got ceramic tint all around + windshield for $575 after tax...seemed like a decent deal. First time I've had ceramic tint, and it's a damn game changer blocking the heat

sheesh is this the same shop that the dude with a hellcat in this thread takes it too?
if not maybe u should take and not ask for a refund from ur current shop and take it to a better shop
This is the same shop that he takes his cat too yes.
What “aftermarket thermostat” did they put? Should have got the Mishimoto thermostat. I doubt they tested the new thermostat for long also. For that to happen in the span of 20 minutes? No way. They installed some cheap thermostat and started car and said ok everything’s fine. I would not bring the car back to them. Get a reliable performance shop that knows what they are doing
It's a Motorad thermostat. Yeah they def did not test it for long at all. 20 mins in it started bumping up past the midway normal point + today was a nice cool Spring day here, it's not even summer hot yet. There's not that many Mopar shops that do custom work around here which sucks ***.
I sure as $*** wouldn’t pay for another tow, and ask for a refund on the “service” they provided.
Yeah I def don't want to pay for another tow...he said he'll reimburse me for tomorrows tow. The work is covered so I didn't pay for the service & thermostat.

20230605_175059.jpg
20230605_184344.jpg
Do not use an aftermarket thermostat. Use OEM. Same for the coolant too. Are they using the cheap premixed green coolant they sell at autozone?

You can run OEM thermostat. I don’t know the full extent of your mods, but on my Durango i run a 2 row aluminum radiator paired with the coolant sold by mishimoto and my temps stay consistent over the quarter mark. Best mod i bought for this truck. Runs much cooler

Back
Top Bottom