\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Local cars and coffee today in San Carlos
IMG_4563.jpeg

The Lotus Rep brought out the Emira for us today. Pre production vehicle. Got to test drive it for a little bit. Great driving feel on the road. Sounds good but not super fast. You can tell they’re holding back for higher performance versions later. Will get some more seat time in it next month at Monterey Car week.

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

IMG_4563.jpeg

The Lotus Rep brought out the Emira for us today. Pre production vehicle. Got to test drive it for a little bit. Great driving feel on the road. Sounds good but not super fast. You can tell they’re holding back for higher performance versions later. Will get some more seat time in it next month at Monterey Car week.

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

Not sure what they told you about the car, but as it sits, the car has 400 hp. 16 less than the Evora GT. The Toyota sourced transmission has a limit on power. From all who have said, the limit is at the very most 475hp (and rhads flywheel. About 414 to the tires). Komo-Tec sells an upgrade kit for these and they won't go above a certain number. Kit includes new manifolds, airbox, hi-flow cats & a tune. But to get more, it's opening up the motor time.

From what everyone on the forums say, the AMG 4 that was introduced this weekend at Goodwood, will eventually be the high hp mark as it's said to be VERY tunable. But for the Lotus faithful, no manual=no dice! I know it comes with a dual clutch, but NOPE. Give me the V6 and the manual!

And not sure if you've driven any Lotus cars in the past, but being "super fast" is NOT what they are all about. They never were. It's about the ride, the handling, the steering (still hydraulic & the best around) and the overall driving experience that is trying to sway this class of buyers from a Cayman GTS 4.0. Frankly, looking at a Cayman or an Emira, it's the Lotus all day. It looks damn good and a Cayman looks similar to all other Porsches on the road. Plus the Emira will be more rare.

Rumor is the S & R models will come out with the V6/stick combo in time. I'm thinking the S will be about 430 and the R will be around 460 or so and may even employ a 3rd party to help beef up the powertrain. But these will have more aero, probably swan neck wing, more aggressive front and rear bumpers, better seats, etc. If I don't find an Evora GT in my color (or colors as I hve a list of what I want in order), THIS is what I'm waiting for in a few years and would leave a deposit for one.

But remember, the Emira weighs 3,175, so 400 hp works brilliantly in it. Not many cars today that are barely over $100k weight this little. I and my friends who also drove one, all agree, it's damn quick out of the box, and fun. My buddy already ordered one and hopefully will have it Q2 next year. 👍

Last edited:
Not sure what they told you about the car, but as it sits, the car has 400 hp. 16 less than the Evora GT. The Toyota sourced transmission has a limit on power. From all who have said, the limit is at the very most 475hp (and rhads flywheel. About 414 to the tires). Komo-Tec sells an upgrade kit for these and they won't go above a certain number. Kit includes new manifolds, airbox, hi-flow cats & a tune. But to get more, it's opening up the motor time.

From what everyone on the forums say, the AMG 4 that was introduced this weekend at Goodwood, will eventually be the high hp mark as it's said to be VERY tunable. But for the Lotus faithful, no manual=no dice! I know it comes with a dual clutch, but NOPE. Give me the V6 and the manual!

And not sure if you've driven any Lotus cars in the past, but being "super fast" is NOT what they are all about. They never were. It's about the ride, the handling, the steering (still hydraulic & the best around) and the overall driving experience that is trying to sway this class of buyers from a Cayman GTS 4.0. Frankly, looking at a Cayman or an Emira, it's the Lotus all day. It looks damn good and a Cayman looks similar to all other Porsches on the road. Plus the Emira will be more rare.

Rumor is the S & R models will come out with the V6/stick combo in time. I'm thinking the S will be about 430 and the R will be around 460 or so and may even employ a 3rd party to help beef up the powertrain. But these will have more aero, probably swan neck wing, more aggressive front and rear bumpers, better seats, etc. If I don't find an Evora GT in my color (or colors as I hve a list of what I want in order), THIS is what I'm waiting for in a few years and would leave a deposit for one.

But remember, the Emira weighs 3,175, so 400 hp works brilliantly in it. Not many cars today that are barely over $100k weight this little. I and my friends who also drove one, all agree, it's damn quick out of the box, and fun. My buddy already ordered one and hopefully will have it Q2 next year. 👍

Hoping the Emira sells. It really seems sensational.

Hoping the Emira sells. It really seems sensational.

I think once it gets here, after the federalization delay, it will do well. I just hope the new dealers that signed up for franchises know what they have and who their buyers are. I would have been a huge help to my local dealer but they don't want the help (would rather move people from within the dealer group who have ZERO clue about the brand vs someone who knows the brand like the back of my hand and am a avid cheerleader for them, but I digress).

The car is fantastic, especially for the price, which is still cheaper than a 718 Cayman GTS 4.0. IMHO, there are a few things I'd want changed (or added as options) like the seats. The stock seats are just okay (at least to me). I feel they need a little more bolstering, but I understand they need a seat that's easy to get in/out of. The 18 way sport seats in my friends new 992 T are amazingly comfortable. But I'd LOVE if Lotus just threw in the carbon backed Sparco race seats from the Evora GT. Those are WONDERFUL.

I'm sure those seats (or something equivalent) will be an option eventually. I also hate having a touchscreen but I get it's 2023 and it's necessary. Just would love the R model to remove it somehow or make it smaller and make the car about driving and not the added amenities the Emira comes with (which are things Lotus cars NEVER had before, like power seats, etc). If you get a opportunity to drive it, do it. You'll be impressed. 👍

EDIT: Once my good friend gets his car, I'll have lots of chances to be around it, so I'll get to see how the gestation of the car goes. Can't wait to see his color too, as it's a F.E 2.0 and in one of the 7 new colors (Atlantis Blue).

Last edited:

The title is misleading, tho. This confirms people drive ****boxes like maniacs. Why is that??? Shotout to team Mustang for bucking the stereotype. the IRS made a big difference. Mitsubishi needs to just go ahead and hang it up. Thats like half their line up on the top of the list.

IMG_4563.jpeg

IMG_4564.jpeg

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4567.jpeg

Niceeee. I actually put a deposit down on a FE2 version in mist white after I changed it from magma red. Great to know some people in this forum have driven it around and liked it. I may change the manual to an automatic though

I know the numbers. I've seen all the videos on this car before I saw it in person today. And yes, I've driven other Lotus' before. It's funny that you say Lotus is not "all about being fast" when you crap so much on the NSX being underpowered and that car follows a similar philosophy in regards to driver engagement and experience versus sheer power.

Comparing it to my 911, my 911 feels quicker through its power band and more spirited out of a turn although not a fair comparison knowing the 911 is a higher tier and $$$. Also comparing it to a C8 Corvette (another mid engine sports car under $100k), the Vette obviously feels quicker from its low end torque. If I put this up against the 718 Cayman which it does compete directly against, I'm taking the Lotus. I'll reserve more judgement when I actually get to take the Lotus around the Canyons of Monterey in August. But very impressed so far.

Overall, the car packs a serious punch for the money. When they up the power numbers down the road, I can seriously see this car being a sports car of the year on many people's list.

Last edited:
Went to oc cars n coffee wit my boy yesterday.
Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.27.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.27.29 PM.png

This dude had his son hanging out the window grabbin rollers :lol:
Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.27.38 PM.png
not necessarily a fan of these but the color is mint af
Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.27.45 PM.png

probably one of my fave things there that day :lol:
Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.28.20 PM.png

on the way home drove my buddies f8, simply amazing.

i used to love hitting up OC CnC, probably way bigger now than it was a couple years ago

Niceeee. I actually put a deposit down on a FE2 version in mist white after I changed it from magma red. Great to know some people in this forum have driven it around and liked it. I may change the manual to an automatic though

Great choice switching from Magma Red. I saw it in person, and it's not a good color of red at all. Would have rather they bring back Formula Red.

And why are you considering switching to an automatic? You know it's not a dual clutch in the V6, right? I can almost guarantee you that if you keep the manual, you'll fall in love within 5 minutes of your first drive, TRUST ME!! That is, if you like driving.

I know the numbers. I've seen all the videos on this car before I saw it in person today. And yes, I've driven other Lotus' before. It's funny that you say Lotus is not "all about being fast" when you crap so much on the NSX being underpowered and that car follows a similar philosophy in regards to driver engagement and experience versus sheer power.

Comparing it to my 911, my 911 feels quicker through its power band and more spirited out of a turn although not a fair comparison knowing the 911 is a higher tier and $$$. Also comparing it to a C8 Corvette (another mid engine sports car under $100k), the Vette obviously feels quicker from its low end torque. If I put this up against the 718 Cayman which it does compete directly against, I'm taking the Lotus. I'll reserve more judgement when I actually get to take the Lotus around the Canyons of Monterey in August. But very impressed so far.

Overall, the car packs a serious punch for the money. When they up the power numbers down the road, I can seriously see this car being a sports car of the year on many people's list.

It's not the same comparison (the Emira vs the NSX). The Emira has 400 HP in a car that weighs 3175 with all the modern amenities people ask for and all the modern safety requirements. The NSX NA 1 had 240 hp in a car that weighs a tick over 100 lb LESS (at 3066) with way less stuff in it (safety size and the modern day stuff)!! And yeah, I know aluminum body vs glass. I get that.

That's a substantial difference, for power to weight, and you gotta rev the **** out of the NSX to really get it moving and to enjoy the drive. And that's not me saying this, this is from owners around my area. And bumping it to only 270 isn't much of an improvement. They should have kept upping it with what they were able to. It's why the Comptech was such a desirable dealer installed option. The GT, I can have an absolute blast in that car doing 50-70 and the motor isn't pulling more than 5k unless I'm in it. Hell, a pull in 1st, to get the exhaust to scream, your only topping out around 40 or so before you gotta shift. And that's addictive to do, lol.

Yeah, the 911 is faster, it damn well should be for how much more it costs (and I don't know which 911 series you have). But 416 hp in my wife's GT is freaking amazing, and it's geared differently than 911s. But for me, there is absolutely ZERO desire to ever want a Cayman, no matter which one it is. I like a car that looks different, that's unique, rare and feels "special". The Evora GT fits that bill to a T (everytime I get in it, it has that special feel that never gets old). And the Emira had the same feeling when I drove two different UK spec cars that were brought over here. Can't wait to start seeing them around here.

Last edited:
I really like the emira but i wish they would go balls to the wall and throw in a v8
a small v8 with 500hp will really put it in super car territory IMO

It's not the same comparison (the Emira vs the NSX). The Emira has 400 HP in a car that weighs 3175 with all the modern amenities people ask for and all the modern safety requirements. The NSX NA 1 had 240 hp in a car that weighs a tick over 100 lb LESS (at 3066) with way less stuff in it (safety size and the modern day stuff)!! And yeah, I know aluminum body vs glass. I get that.

That's a substantial difference, for power to weight, and you gotta rev the **** out of the NSX to really get it moving and to enjoy the drive. And that's not me saying this, this is from owners around my area. And bumping it to only 270 isn't much of an improvement. They should have kept upping it with what they were able to. It's why the Comptech was such a desirable dealer installed option. The GT, I can have an absolute blast in that car doing 50-70 and the motor isn't pulling more than 5k unless I'm in it. Hell, a pull in 1st, to get the exhaust to scream, your only topping out around 40 or so before you gotta shift. And that's addictive to do, lol.

Yeah, the 911 is faster, it damn well should be for how much more it costs (and I don't know which 911 series you have). But 416 hp in my wife's GT is freaking amazing, and it's geared differently than 911s. But for me, there is absolutely ZERO desire to ever want a Cayman, no matter which one it is. I like a car that looks different, that's unique, rare and feels "special". The Evora GT fits that bill to a T (everytime I get in it, it has that special feel that never gets old). And the Emira had the same feeling when I drove two different UK spec cars that were brought over here. Can't wait to start seeing them around here.

I'm not comparing the NSX and Emira directly. I'm just saying their philosophy itself is the same as it relates to driver dynamics over just power figures. Also, the NSX was not 240hp. It was 270hp at launch (Manual). The NA2 was bumped up to 290hp with the 3.2L engine. Obviously miniscule in today's world but for the time, it was well balanced against the competition. But it's balance and design is what now makes that car so coveted. I think the Emira will eventually reach this status in the future.

There's more powerful cars you can get versus the Emira but for the average everyday driver, they found a good sweet spot.

it was my first time ever going
pretty solid turnout
would i go again? eh maybe the drive we took from LA was pretty nice, buncha toll roads without any traffic

Oh yea from LA theres hella alternative CnC's that are just as good if not better. I lived in Irvine so it was about 15/20 from me. But the turn out was always crazy.

2016 911 991.1 GT3 with Dundon power package including Titanium exhaust.

2023, recent daily pickup, Mercedes AMG GLE63 S. Going to tune and downpipe shortly - already upgraded the exhaust.

Been a minute since I’ve logged into NT. Salute to all those OG.

Attachments

• 8E1FA8DD-9BF7-4C4B-A6CA-7A9D50D86A4A.jpeg
    8E1FA8DD-9BF7-4C4B-A6CA-7A9D50D86A4A.jpeg
    779.2 KB · Views: 48
  • EBBC1451-5387-47D6-A1C3-E8B89B997335.jpeg
    EBBC1451-5387-47D6-A1C3-E8B89B997335.jpeg
    475.9 KB · Views: 46
2016 911 991.1 GT3 with Dundon power package including Titanium exhaust.

2023, recent daily pickup, Mercedes AMG GLE63 S. Going to tune and downpipe shortly - already upgraded the exhaust.

Been a minute since I’ve logged into NT. Salute to all those OG.
sheesh my boy cummin in wit da heat :wow:

I really like the emira but i wish they would go balls to the wall and throw in a v8
a small v8 with 500hp will really put it in super car territory IMO

Good idea in concept, next to impossible given the current packaging of the car. That V6 up close is VERY tight in there. Really not a lot of extra room to get your hands in there to do anything. See the pics I just took of the GTs engine bay.
PXL_20230717_203008242.jpg
PXL_20230717_203032885.jpg
PXL_20230717_203047001.jpg

Like I said, not a lot of room for a small V6. And the Emira chassis, while different, the architecture is similar to the Evora S2 chassis.
Plus, with the combination of the need to go smaller in terms of engine for emissions and C02, such and also, not having a proven (this is a KEY factor) reliable engine to use, negates all possibly.

Yeah, they could just as Toyota for a V8, but the one they use for the Tundra is just too large and, and me NOT being a truck person, is that motor as durable as the 2GR-FE V6? Probably not. Like I mentioned, you can get the motor up to around 475 with a Komo-Tec kit which will REALLY wake it up. The last Lotus designed & manufacturered motor was the flat-plane crank 3.5 twin turbo V8 from the Esprit. An amazing motor, but not without its Idiosyncrasies (interference motor so belt service was IMPERATIVE).

I'm not comparing the NSX and Emira directly. I'm just saying their philosophy itself is the same as it relates to driver dynamics over just power figures. Also, the NSX was not 240hp. It was 270hp at launch (Manual). The NA2 was bumped up to 290hp with the 3.2L engine. Obviously miniscule in today's world but for the time, it was well balanced against the competition. But it's balance and design is what now makes that car so coveted. I think the Emira will eventually reach this status in the future.

There's more powerful cars you can get versus the Emira but for the average everyday driver, they found a good sweet spot.

Thanks for the correction on the hp figures. For some reason I has 240 on my brain. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I see why it's desirable, but I couldn't justify the value some of these are attaining. And Lotus definitely has a good niche for themselves. I'm very interested in seeing the upgraded V6 models before they drop it and go only AMG 4/DCT, which for us who love a great manual gearbox, will be a sad day. 😢😢 Thankfully it won't be for a while yet and there are good choices of earlier Evoras around for sale (though I wouldn't get an early S1 car. No where near as comfortable & roomy as the S2 400/GT cars). 👍

I've never been to OC C&C, always have plans to go, and then back out last second cause we're all too lazy to make the drive.

Saturday night, my friend texted me to meet for a drive to Malibu/Nobu at 8:15am to show me his new car. He has 992 TTS and GT3, Buick GNX, GT-R etc. And was not prepared for him to show up in a brand new SF90.

We got a small group of 8 cars together and hit the backroads to Malibu. The black SF90 belongs to my friend, the blue one was his friend. And yes thats an F8 Spider on LM's.

164B4B53-D4AF-4562-A66D-29E66891A263_1_102_o.jpeg

AE3555F8-3BFC-428E-933C-72F5DBDD3A6D_1_102_o.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom