\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

1690308992348.png

I kinda want one

I have my kit sitting in my living room. It’s been too hot to attempt to do it. For now i just did the floor led lighting.

Speaking of my lease was up on my Sportsge so went ahead and grabbed me this 2024 K5. I had an optima back in 2015 loved in new K5 is great. Already did a few mods. My lowering springs should be here this week so it may get lowered over the weekend. Upgrades I’ve done carbon front lip, changed out the rear lower to the GT one so the quad tips could fit, Sebring tuning dual mufflers.

IMG_2728.jpeg
IMG_2553.jpeg

My bro has a GT line same color, red guts. Aesthetically I like it better than my Accord Sport but I like how my car drives better. The steering feels more natural. That being said id gladly trade cars with my bro. :lol:

Bro what? :lol: Mustang owners are too damn creative, lmao. What roads accommodate that extra width? No way he can comfortably drive that thing in any major city.
I suspect he put them on, rode around, got some pics and took that right off.

My bro has a GT line same color, red guts. Aesthetically I like it better than my Accord Sport but I like how my car drives better. The steering feels more natural. That being said id gladly trade cars with my bro. :lol:

Nice!! Yeah mine is a GTLine with the red guts as well!! i just swapped the lower valance for muffler clearance and also debadged her and added a GT emblem. GT guys get so bent outta shape cuz of that. Thinking of switching the front lip from carbon to gloss back and wrapping the hood in carbon

IMG_2627.jpeg

I also got a great deal on these that i had to grab em. They’ll be going on this weekend. RAYS engineering Nismo A34

IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2838.jpeg

Nice!! Yeah mine is a GTLine with the red guts as well!! i just swapped the lower valance for muffler clearance and also debadged her and added a GT emblem. GT guys get so bent outta shape cuz of that. Thinking of switching the front lip from carbon to gloss back and wrapping the hood in carbon

IMG_2627.jpeg

I also got a great deal on these that i had to grab em. They’ll be going on this weekend. RAYS engineering Nismo A34

IMG_2837.jpeg
IMG_2838.jpeg

Upbadging is always a no no in my book so ill have to agree with them tbh boss. Its like putting an AMG logo on a base C300. Please dont wrap the hood, you going full Fast and Furious. Less is more IMO. I think a lower and what you have already looks good, dont even need the wheels tbh but I am curious to see how it will look with those.

for sure. I mean at the end of the day it’s not like I’m slapping a hellcat badge on a base model and like i always say it’s Just a KIA. Outside of the 2.5 engine and the small upgrades like folding side mirrors the GT doesn’t have much more. It’s a 4 door family sedan but i see your point.

Haha yeah i feel you but I’m trying to go legit homie, trying to get in the NIRA circuit. You heard about that?!

😏

But yeah I’m actually trying to enter car shows so I’m gonna put in wrench time. Found a few inspirations on IG

I like the stock wheels but i see a few gt lines daily so wheels gotta go. If i don’t like these Nismo joints I’ll eventually go with the ESR wheels i want and sell these. Guy i bought em from didn’t know how rare they were so i can def make money on them selling em to Nissan / Infinity heads

I stumbled across these old pics from 97-98 my homies civic from out car club which I’m gonna start again and some cars from import show off. Mind you these were taken 3-4 years before F&F
IMG_2835.jpeg

IMG_2832.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2813.jpeg
IMG_2810.jpeg
IMG_2800.jpeg
IMG_2791.jpeg
IMG_2782.jpeg
IMG_2766.jpeg

man some tree sap got on my car and i called a detailer and dude didn't even address nor mention it which made me never call him again
i tackled it myself but it had been too long and im too lazy so i just left it :lol:

whats next for the chally?
i feel like you should get some wheels
I wonder if he knew how to remove it...if he didn't he wasn't much of a detailer anyway so you saved yourself a headache & $.

🤔 Nothing in the short term...maybe increase the bore & stroke on the engine & add Thitek heads, nastier cam, Hellcat 6 piston brake upgrade, AFR pods, beefier engine mounts to take on the increased rumble & vibrations it'll set off, a crank case filter & maybe a roll cage? All this in the future nothing soon.

As for the wheels I like my stock ones I have on & won't be changing them. Every car brand has this wheel design, lol...very generic but they work. You had the same car so you know they had a gunmetal finish from factory but I had them redone in gloss black & love it like this. What wheels would you recommend?

wowww great photos

Here’s where i pulled em from i was at these events back then so i know i have pics floating around as well i need to find at my parents

If y’all remember the Asian kid from the first race in FF with Ja Rule that was RJ De Vera, legend in the import scene as his club Kosoku always had next level cars. They use to race and show his moms minivan lol i remember seeing it race in the first years of Battle of the Imports out in Pomona

I wonder if he knew how to remove it...if he didn't he wasn't much of a detailer anyway so you saved yourself a headache & $.

🤔 Nothing in the short term...maybe increase the bore & stroke on the engine & add Thitek heads, nastier cam, Hellcat 6 piston brake upgrade, AFR pods, beefier engine mounts to take on the increased rumble & vibrations it'll set off, a crank case filter & maybe a roll cage? All this in the future nothing soon.

As for the wheels I like my stock ones I have on & won't be changing them. Every car brand has this wheel design, lol...very generic but they work. You had the same car so you know they had a gunmetal finish from factory but I had them redone in gloss black & love it like this. What wheels would you recommend?
sooo many options, i like the ones on that blue one i posted on this page.
those are for drag racing but since u don't daily it they might work for you :tongue: haha

It's been a year & some change since the PPF was put on my Challenger. I've maintained it pretty well but the last time I was washing it the tree outside my apt leaked tree sap onto my car. I saw the white-ish sap when I was blow drying the car. It hardened up some before I got all of it off.

I called my guy at the PPF shop & told em the film has some bumpy spots due to dirt & sap so he recommended I come in & get a maintenance wash & ceramic boost application done.

His location was all booked so instead he had me go to 1 of their other locations. This Tintmax is in Middle Village, Queens. Very professional staff & super chill owner..we just chopped it up & talked about everything from A-Z the 3 hours I was there.

They did a rinse/wash/clay & re-wash followed by blowdrying/interior vacuum/tire armor all & then ceramic boost application.

Normally I'd do all this myself but I'm exhausted from work/gym + it's my day off & I don't want to be outside detailing my car in 90 degree muggy heat so I paid to get it done.
20230725_084217.jpg
20230725_085023.jpg
20230725_085144.jpg
20230725_104350.jpg
20230725_104638.jpg
20230725_104735.jpg
20230725_105117.jpg
20230725_111707.jpg
20230725_111731.jpg

Thats right by my boy’s house in Maspeth.

Upbadging is always a no no in my book so ill have to agree with them tbh boss. Its like putting an AMG logo on a base C300. Please dont wrap the hood, you going full Fast and Furious. Less is more IMO. I think a lower and what you have already looks good, dont even need the wheels tbh but I am curious to see how it will look with those.
I agree with them too, but at the same time who cares what kia GT guys gotta say.

Or, since you're swapping out bumpers, how about just going badgeless? You get the same effect and you don't have to be that guy. Let people come to their own conclusions.

Thats right by my boy’s house in Maspeth.
Nice! I like the area & neighborhood. The roads are so wide with equally wideass sidewalks. You can see the width of the sidewalks in the pics.

Has your boy ever been here for any detail service? The owner Sal is such a nice guy. He has a Wide body Redeye Challenger in smoke show grey. He's been offered 150K for it but doesn't want to sell just yet. He keeps it deep on the Island away from the city & the crazies that live here, lol.

I have my kit sitting in my living room. It’s been too hot to attempt to do it. For now i just did the floor led lighting.

Speaking of my lease was up on my Sportsge so went ahead and grabbed me this 2024 K5. I had an optima back in 2015 loved in new K5 is great. Already did a few mods. My lowering springs should be here this week so it may get lowered over the weekend. Upgrades I’ve done carbon front lip, changed out the rear lower to the GT one so the quad tips could fit, Sebring tuning dual mufflers.

IMG_2728.jpeg
IMG_2553.jpeg
The front lip looks dope & for Cali those gas prices are pretty low, lol. Surprised it's not 8 bucks & up at that Mobil.

Back
Top Bottom