\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Almost broke my *** on this part when I first sat in one :lol: :smh:

Image_20231031112612.jpg

Yeah, I hate those seats!! There was a Cayman GT4 in the showroom when I was there for the Lotus Emira drive (the Lotus dealer is owned by the same dealer group who own the Porsche store where it was being held in Dec 2022). I opened the door and saw the sport seats with those horrible bolsters. 🤬 I got in it, and I'm not big at all, got a 34" waist, and am slender and I was really snug in those! If I were to hypothetically get a Porsche (which I never would since the Evora GT is available) I would NEVER get those seats as an option. Comfort seats all the way!

It sucks but sometimes you just have to cough it up if you want it bad enough.

My boy got in a wreck on the track, totaled his fire blade got a r1 m next.

Bikes are his whole life and how he makes his money. He’s playing with fb marketplace finds.

GREED!

That’s why Ford, GM, and stalantis(sp?) are in a decline. They phased out all of their affordable sedans and just make trucks. Now, dealers can’t even sell their trucks because they’re so expensive. A few months ago, you would never see a Ford F-150 lightning on a dealer lot and if you did, it’s a $50k mark up. Now, you see so many at the lots and they can’t sell even at regular MSRP. I saw a F-150 that was nicely equipped and looked good, but they wanted $88k for it..smh! I saw Mach-E GT’s got for $75k…smh!!! Yeah, Ford is in trouble.

Lastly, I read that last quarter, they lost 1.3 billion dollars on the EV division. That’s just 1 quarter!!

Looks like EV’s taking over the car market was just false hope for more profit. If you want an EV, get a Tesla..

The whole default thing, people (some not all) just overbuy plain and simple. Buying something they honestly believe they can afford for a little while then crap hits the fan after the "honeymoon phase" wears off. Saw this when I was working, just not to this extent. But people were so nonshallant about a payment close to 4 figures, it blew my mind.

In terms of the whole EV thing? When I picked up my Maverick a few weeks ago, went back to see the detail person (he's a guy in his mid 50s, old-school trained with an orbiter and can do things on a car that I wouldn't trust others to do. He's a good one). He told me, as I mentioned a whole row of Mach-E EVs our front, that Ford FORCED dealers to take them. No Iffs, Ands or Buts! Each dealer around me, have at minimum 9 with some stores well over 12 and even 15!! 🤯 Paperweights, all just sitting there as NO ONE WANTS THEM! And yet dealers are forced to do upgrade their stores to add chargers and in some cases (in Porsche from what I heard) a charger in every service bay). Talking millions of dollars in upgrades! 🤯🤯🤯

The kicker, is that anyone who wanted an EV, got one! And anyone who wants one can easily get one and they have plenty of choices. Now that Ford for example, paused their $12B EV investment, I hope it wakes Farley (god I hate this guy) up and makes him realize rhat all your inexpensive ICE vehicles are gone! You don't make them anymore! Oops!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️What a smacked ***!!

A company like Hyundai or Kia is okay as they still sell relatively inexpensive ICE vehicles (K5 for example is a great car for the money). Same with Toyota and Honda. While some may not like the Civic it's still around and still ICE and still affordable (talking MSRP). While Ford is sitting holding the bag with nothing to show for it. Their cheapest vehicle, the Maverick Hybrid, you can't even get (walk in and leave with one as no one has inventory). Hell, it took me 13 months to get mine! That's COMPLETELY unacceptable for a consumer! It isn't a Lamborghini, it's a damn Ford!

After that it's the Escape as the cheapest and it's 🤮🤮!! Should have kept the Fusion and brought over the UK redesigned Focus (without that god awful DCT). BUT NOOOOOO!! Got to sell a horrible EV Mustang SUV and a truck that can't do truck things unless you want to have absolutely ZERO RANGE!!

I'm glad I offed my Ford stock years ago. They will never learn, as will GM and Stellantis! They are perpetually stuck in their ways and will never catch up to the other brands! If they wanted to open eyes, Ford (or the others) would be smart and release a new sedan or group of sedans that are both ICE only and ICE/PHEV plug in! And make them reasonable and good looking and they WILL SELL!!! I'm so glad I'm out of that awful business! 🙏🙏 Only miss my clients! Those who cared how I was doing, how I was feeling and constantly checked in on my health. THAT I miss!! 🥲🥲

Last edited:
The whole default thing, people (some not all) just overbuy plain and simple. Buying something they honestly believe they can afford for a little while then crap hits the fan after the "honeymoon phase" wears off. Saw this when I was working, just not to this extent. But people were so nonshallant about a payment close to 4 figures, it blew my mind.

In terms of the whole EV thing? When I picked up my Maverick a few weeks ago, went back to see the detail person (he's a guy in his mid 50s, old-school trained with an orbiter and can do things on a car that I wouldn't trust others to do. He's a good one). He told me, as I mentioned a whole row of Mach-E EVs our front, that Ford FORCED dealers to take them. No Iffs, Ands or Buts! Each dealer around me, have at minimum 9 with some stores well over 12 and even 15!! 🤯 Paperweights, all just sitting there as NO ONE WANTS THEM! And yet dealers are forced to do upgrade their stores to add chargers and in some cases (in Porsche from what I heard) a charger in every service bay). Talking millions of dollars in upgrades! 🤯🤯🤯

The kicker, is that anyone who wanted an EV, got one! And anyone who wants one can easily get one and they have plenty of choices. Now that Ford for example, paused their $12B EV investment, I hope it wakes Farley (god I hate this guy) up and makes him realize rhat all your inexpensive ICE vehicles are gone! You don't make them anymore! Oops!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️What a smacked ***!!

A company like Hyundai or Kia is okay as they still sell relatively inexpensive ICE vehicles (K5 for example is a great car for the money). Same with Toyota and Honda. While some may not like the Civic it's still around and still ICE and still affordable (talking MSRP). While Ford is sitting holding the bag with nothing to show for it. Their cheapest vehicle, the Maverick Hybrid, you can't even get (walk in and leave with one as no one has inventory). Hell, it took me 13 months to get mine! That's COMPLETELY unacceptable for a consumer! It isn't a Lamborghini, it's a damn Ford!

After that it's the Escape as the cheapest and it's 🤮🤮!! Should have kept the Fusion and brought over the UK redesigned Focus (without that god awful DCT). BUT NOOOOOO!! Got to sell a horrible EV Mustang SUV and a truck that can't do truck things unless you want to have absolutely ZERO RANGE!!

I'm glad I offed my Ford stock years ago. They will never learn, as will GM and Stellantis! They are perpetually stuck in their ways and will never catch up to the other brands! If they wanted to open eyes, Ford (or the others) would be smart and release a new sedan or group of sedans that are both ICE only and ICE/PHEV plug in! And make them reasonable and good looking and they WILL SELL!!! I'm so glad I'm out of that awful business! 🙏🙏 Only miss my clients! Those who cared how I was doing, how I was feeling and constantly checked in on my health. THAT I miss!! 🥲🥲
Yo, that’s wild!

Yeah, I hate those seats!! There was a Cayman GT4 in the showroom when I was there for the Lotus Emira drive (the Lotus dealer is owned by the same dealer group who own the Porsche store where it was being held in Dec 2022). I opened the door and saw the sport seats with those horrible bolsters. 🤬 I got in it, and I'm not big at all, got a 34" waist, and am slender and I was really snug in those! If I were to hypothetically get a Porsche (which I never would since the Evora GT is available) I would NEVER get those seats as an option. Comfort seats all the way!
heavily disagree
these seats are so beautiful

any spirited driving this is a must
and comfy in traffic

GREED!

That’s why Ford, GM, and stalantis(sp?) are in a decline. They phased out all of their affordable sedans and just make trucks. Now, dealers can’t even sell their trucks because they’re so expensive. A few months ago, you would never see a Ford F-150 lightning on a dealer lot and if you did, it’s a $50k mark up. Now, you see so many at the lots and they can’t sell even at regular MSRP. I saw a F-150 that was nicely equipped and looked good, but they wanted $88k for it..smh! I saw Mach-E GT’s got for $75k…smh!!! Yeah, Ford is in trouble.

Lastly, I read that last quarter, they lost 1.3 billion dollars on the EV division. That’s just 1 quarter!!

Looks like EV’s taking over the car market was just false hope for more profit. If you want an EV, get a Tesla..
very good points in here

people need regular cars not everyone wants an f150,

Cliff notes?

heavily disagree
these seats are so beautiful

any spirited driving this is a must
and comfy in traffic

Then we agree to disagree. 🤝 Like I said, I'm not big by any means, and I don't fit well. And I love spirited driving as well. The carbon backed Sparco seats in the Evora GT are just about perfect. Stiff bolsters that you should hop over but wide enough for most normal body types. 👍 Still hugs you well for any hard cornering, plus while 100% manual adjustments, they are heated, lol.

very good points in here

people need regular cars not everyone wants an f150,

EXACTLY! It's why I got the Maverick. Lack of choices. Had they still sold a new Fusion, I'd have had one a long time ago. I don't need any full size truck nor can I afford one. At least the Maverick, for the price ($27,750) has everything one needs and it's a car, let's be honest. But I'm not complaining! 46.7 MPG as of today after 650 miles so far. But Ford would rather sell you an $80k FSsries! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Bought a gtr just to track it and never tracked it.

IMG_3223.jpeg

Sold it and got this coming instead. Sold the last one I had and always regretted it, but didn’t have a place to park it and couldn’t fit it inside my garage before. Now I have a warehouse just down the street from where I live though that I can fit it in.

IMG_4036.jpeg

Never been off roading, but hopefully I find someone to try it with at some point.

For me, it's not the fact that Ford is promoting the F Series, but rather that they're promoting F Series trucks with an $80k price tag. They shouldn't cost more than $50k for a top-end model. I understand people might point to inflation, but the problem is that these high prices lead to a vicious cycle. People boycott, demanding higher wages to afford such items, which, in turn, raises the prices further, making them unaffordable for regular folks.

Had buckets in my RS, but I also tracked the car extensively.

For a street car, I would never even consider them.

That said, they are grossly overrated and unless you are 300lbs or you have harnesses and you're strapped in (which you should never do unless you're at the track + wearing a HANS device), you just end up sliding around in them and your thighs take such a beating.

But they do look good -- no arguing that.

Almost broke my *** on this part when I first sat in one :lol: :smh:

Image_20231031112612.jpg

That’s easily the worst part of the bucket seats. Makes getting in an out a pain, but they’re otherwise quite comfortable.

Best racing buckets are Ferrari goldrake from the 488 onward. Probably the only option where getting in and out is the same as any other car.

From what I’ve been told, they looked at the Porsche LWB and tried to make it better, and they said it’s perfect aside from that one piece circled here.

Bought a gtr just to track it and never tracked it.

IMG_3223.jpeg

Sold it and got this coming instead. Sold the last one I had and always regretted it, but didn’t have a place to park it and couldn’t fit it inside my garage before. Now I have a warehouse just down the street from where I live though that I can fit it in.

IMG_4036.jpeg

Never been off roading, but hopefully I find someone to try it with at some point.
ive been looking at some gtrs, what year was urs?

Screenshot_20231102_151837_Google.jpg

You might be able to save around 0.50% for new and a couple % for use if you opt for a credit union.

This chart is very deceptive! The rate for the 2nd tier, 661-780 is basically 1.5 points higher. But it's really not like that with most manufacturers. The customer who has a 770 score (which is pretty darn good) isn't getting the same crap rate the customer who is a 670. Most manufacturers have tier 0/1 go from 720 and above (at least Ford does). No different if your 720 or 810 you'll get the top rate. 👍

Guy that ordered this is a friend of the Owner, he thought he was paying MSRP.
170k STICKER.
Owner told him he could have it for 220k- 50k mark up.
He passed.
270k is what it takes to drive it home.
Somebody will pay this. They capped our commission at $1000 on Vettes back before COVID:
At 270 sale comission should be 20k
I won’t be selling this that’s for sure, somebody else can do that work.
IMG_7584.jpeg

IMG_7582.jpeg

IMG_7581.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom