\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Nice man. They didn’t make you sit with an instructor? I’m assuming it’s one of the first times you tracked it?
It was my first time at Laguna, but I had taken the car to a track before. No instructor unless you specifically ask for one. In the novice group, they do lead-follow laps to show you the racing line, and then you're free to go.

Different organizers have slightly different practices, but I've never needed an instructor to sit with me on any track day.

I was riding in a 600hp 300zx against a noble on the highway. It was laughable how slow the Nissan looked compared to the noble.

Old cars and coffee was nuts. There was always races after.

Hit a fun mileage milestone number on my car today

20231107_183103.jpg

Thanks for the tag buddy. I hate to pour cold water on this, but this is NOT street legal. The GT4 is their track car. They unveiled this about a year ago, for those who want to race it in some series overseas (club racing) and those who just want a weekend track toy. BUT..... Lotus will bring out a more tuned up Emira in time and don't be surprised if some parts from the racecar are used. 👍

But isn't it freaking awesome looking? Car is such a beautiful design. 🤤🤤🤤🔥🔥🔥

Once they release the higher performance trims, it'll be in the perfect spot to compete against the best out there. Test driving the launch vehicle this year, you could tell they left something on the table. The car is 90% there.

Once they release the higher performance trims, it'll be in the perfect spot to compete against the best out there. Test driving the launch vehicle this year, you could tell they left something on the table. The car is 90% there.

Absolutely they did. I drove it twice. Once in a pouring rain, which the car was AMAZING in. And the next on a perfect sunny day where I could actually get on it. Your right about it being 9/10s (or 90%). I meant the GT my wife has is 416hp and the UK GT430 is just that, 430hp. They should have released it with 416 to start but I totally understand why they did what they did.

I will say, it needs better more aggressive seats at an option. Been saying that since it was unveiled in 2021! Seats are just okay. Give me the carbon backed Sparcos out of the Evora GT, and give me some more aggressive appearance, and I'd be VERY interested. The only caveat, I just feel, and this is just my (biased) opinion obviously, but the Evora GT just feels more "special" to me and more hardcore. And those traits make me want one of those more than an Emira R or GT or whatever it will be.

05fordgt 05fordgt just curious, did you ever get a change to drive an Exige V6 Cup? I really wish I could fit in that car, that and the Alfa 4C

It was my first time at Laguna, but I had taken the car to a track before. No instructor unless you specifically ask for one. In the novice group, they do lead-follow laps to show you the racing line, and then you're free to go.

Different organizers have slightly different practices, but I've never needed an instructor to sit with me on any track day.

Got it. Around me, they’ve made us sit with an instructor at least 5 times until we’re ready to go out alone. I’m not great, but I’ve got an AMG gtc that has the rear wheel steering that I think has helped me immensely when I start taking a turn that would be too late in any car without it. Going to try and go one more time before winter and it’ll be my first time without an instructor.

i feel like it needs more downforce
big splitter
big wing
maybe some active aero if they reallly tryna turn me on

That brings back memories. I used to own a 1969 Kharman Ghia that looked almost identical to this one. Mine had a slightly different shade of baby blue, spacers in the back, and a chromed-out 2180 CC engine. I used to jokingly claim it was fast, but it only produced around 145 hp. However, the real charm was the amazing engine sound. It used to attract a lot of attention and catch the eye of surfer girls expecially where I used to live in La Jolla.

1041430.jpg

That brings back memories. I used to own a 1969 Kharman Ghia that looked almost identical to this one. Mine had a slightly different shade of baby blue, spacers in the back, and a chromed-out 2180 CC engine. I used to jokingly claim it was fast, but it only produced around 145 hp. However, the real charm was the amazing engine sound. It used to attract a lot of attention and catch the eye of surfer girls expecially where I used to live in La Jolla.

1041430.jpg
Damn they don’t make them like they used too
Old schools>

How much yall paying for oil changes nowadays? I got a spot ive been going to for years, havent the past couple since dealer had free oil changes but I went last time it was due and full synthetic with everything was damn near $90 for my Accord. The hell? I dont remember it being that much (guy sold it to the new owners). Didnt think anything of it and thought new owners just taxing but I need another one and im wondering if I got jipped or it really is how much oil changes are nowadays.

How much yall paying for oil changes nowadays? I got a spot ive been going to for years, havent the past couple since dealer had free oil changes but I went last time it was due and full synthetic with everything was damn near $90 for my Accord. The hell? I dont remember it being that much (guy sold it to the new owners). Didnt think anything of it and thought new owners just taxing but I need another one and im wondering if I got jipped or it really is how much oil changes are nowadays.

like 75

Back
Top Bottom