\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I am going to assume this is a BMW M8 or M5, in which case I would say the price is really good. No marked up MF, almost like it's some type of special financing. The problem really is the residual, but there's nothing you can do there other than buy preowned.

Look for an OL code to drop the price even further and pull the trigger.

If i'm incorrect then please share what vehicle and I could probably help out further.

Edit: it must be an XM because of the rebate, i'm not sure where pricing should be at with these, but the numbers look strong enough. I would push for 10% off MSRP plus incentives and also look for an OL Code.

You win the prize sir…. It’s an XM ( I didn’t say because of how ugly it is lol) and at that price it is 12.5% off msrp plus the $9,999 rebate.

I figured I could get in and out of it will little to no money lost at that discount. What do you think?

You win the prize sir…. It’s an XM ( I didn’t say because of how ugly it is lol) and at that price it is 12.5% off msrp plus the $9,999 rebate.

I figured I could get in and out of it will little to no money lost at that discount. What do you think?

Can you do a 7500 mile/year lease? That should help a bit with the residual. Also, you're putting additional 10k out of pocket to get this payment? Or is that only the cash incentive applied as a downpayment?

XM :sick:

BMW has about 6 cars in their lineup right now that people have not been super receptive to.

XM
M3/4
2 series
New 5 series
7 series
X7

Crazy how hard they dropped the ball on so many models. Those have all been debated no matter which side youre on. The only one I think I disagree on is the new refreshed X7, the big debate was the split headlights. Most people think theyre ugly, I actually think it looks good on the X7, not so much the 7 series though. Lung grill on the M3/4 yall know about that, the M2 has been debated, XM most people think is hideous, new 5 most people also think its a huge downgrade from the last gen, which after the refresh is the 2nd best looking 5 series ever made.

Thanks bruv. Definitely going to get it then since it isn't that much extra.

I also know you're the resident washing/detailing enthusiast. You have any sites or channels you recommend on how to properly wash and wax?
You're going to love it especially during the summer months.

Oh why thank you, lol, I try. I've always liked Adam's Polishes channel on YouTube. His way of explaining stuff is very helpful. Also Ammo NYC is top tier.

Always wash & wax in a shaded area, indoors preferably. But if outside avoid direct sunlight throughout the process. Blow drying> than ANY towels. Also 05fordgt 05fordgt is an excellent detailer.

Can you do a 7500 mile/year lease? That should help a bit with the residual. Also, you're putting additional 10k out of pocket to get this payment? Or is that only the cash incentive applied as a downpayment?
I’d feel more comfortable at 10k but I probably could probably get away with 7500 and that is only the incentive being applied as cash. I didn’t wanna come out of pocket at all, I’ve only lease 3 times but I never have come out of pocket so far.

I don’t plan on keeping this the full 36mo but rather locking it in at this price point then selling it for what I paid in a year of so. I have just been loosely looking for a daily that will take care of all needs and this just kinda fell in my lap.

How would you approach it? Get 7500mi and negotiate to maybe 14% instead of 12.5?

XM :sick:

BMW has about 6 cars in their lineup right now that people have not been super receptive to.

XM
M3/4
2 series
New 5 series
7 series
X7

Crazy how hard they dropped the ball on so many models. Those have all been debated no matter which side youre on. The only one I think I disagree on is the new refreshed X7, the big debate was the split headlights. Most people think theyre ugly, I actually think it looks good on the X7, not so much the 7 series though. Lung grill on the M3/4 yall know about that, the M2 has been debated, XM most people think is hideous, new 5 most people also think its a huge downgrade from the last gen, which after the refresh is the 2nd best looking 5 series ever made.

It's crazy from the view of old school BMW fans, but unfortunately it's not crazy based on sales. Buyers in China for example love the gaudy new styling. BMW sadly doesn't care about making cars for enthusiasts anymore, they just want that $$$ from Asia. The styling is gonna be *** for a while.

You're going to love it especially during the summer months.

Oh why thank you, lol, I try. I've always liked Adam's Polishes channel on YouTube. His way of explaining stuff is very helpful. Also Ammo NYC is top tier.

Always wash & wax in a shaded area, indoors preferably. But if outside avoid direct sunlight throughout the process. Blow drying> than ANY towels. Also 05fordgt 05fordgt is an excellent detailer.

🙏🙏🙏 Thanks for the kind words buddy! 🙏🙏 Really means a lot. While some hate washing their car, I absolutely love doing it. And since my car has been sitting out every day now (thankfully under the back deck in the shade for the most part) I wind up washing it basically weekly in the spring/summer/early fall months. Right now, a little snow on the back windshield and trunk from the 5" of snow (first actual measurable snow in 2 years).

But gonna be rainy this week, so the roads will get cleared off and my car will get rinsed. Good enough for winter cars & coffee. But thankfully the local DIY car wash booth has warm water & I always use the wax setting.

But everything you said is pretty spot on. Definitely in the shade. Try using those booths on off hours so you can actually bucket wash (most have signs that say "No Bucket Washing" when cars are waiting". Again best at home using your own stuff but if you can't, or it's not an option, wash booths are great. Especially if they allow you to start using only .25 ¢.

For products, Adam's detail spray is fantastic and reasonable for the gallon. I always keep that handy & in the car. To wash, I have been a Chemical Guys user for the past several years and I swear by them. Butter Wet Wax is LEGIT. Goes on easy and comes off just as. And the cars look fantastic (my car and my wife's 3 cars). The yellow and purple of my wife's two cars look literally liquid it's so shiny.

For drying, I gotta get a small battery leaf blower and a nozzle to use. But in the meantime, I have a QUALITY microfiber drying towel. Works amazing. Just laying on the car and pull. Sucks up so much water. Now I won't lie, I use one of those medical silicone-grade water blades to get the excess off the roof, hood, trunk and all other panels (no, my car isn't ceramic coated. Almost 18 years old now and many a nick and chip so it's not worth it) before I use the towel. But once it's dry I will always throw a coat of Butter Wet on it (I got it down to a science for time and efficiency) and then it done. I think it looks pretty darn good for a near 20 year old car. 🙏 Thanks again for the kind words zmaqbool zmaqbool . 🤜🤛

IMG_20240123_054236.jpg

Edit: Methodical Management Methodical Management Can something be done with these ads that keep popping up overtop of the reply box? Can't see what I'm typing and I'm constantly fighting it. And for any ads to come up between the reply someone is typing out and the attachment one may be trying to put with their comment. Have to scroll almost to the bottom just to get to the pic I want to add because I got a huge add in between my reply and the photo. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Screw brand loyalty, get whatever works best and you like.
Loyalty never figures in.
Sell or Trade a GM Truck after having it for any period of time.
Try and get rid of a RAM after having it for any period of time.
I don't typically trade or get rid of vehicles but when or If I want to, there is a big difference on the return, HUGE.

XM?

i would back out, super wack lol

better off getting an s class for way less

🙏🙏🙏 Thanks for the kind words buddy! 🙏🙏 Really means a lot. While some hate washing their car, I absolutely love doing it. And since my car has been sitting out every day now (thankfully under the back deck in the shade for the most part) I wind up washing it basically weekly in the spring/summer/early fall months. Right now, a little snow on the back windshield and trunk from the 5" of snow (first actual measurable snow in 2 years).

But gonna be rainy this week, so the roads will get cleared off and my car will get rinsed. Good enough for winter cars & coffee. But thankfully the local DIY car wash booth has warm water & I always use the wax setting.

But everything you said is pretty spot on. Definitely in the shade. Try using those booths on off hours so you can actually bucket wash (most have signs that say "No Bucket Washing" when cars are waiting". Again best at home using your own stuff but if you can't, or it's not an option, wash booths are great. Especially if they allow you to start using only .25 ¢.

For products, Adam's detail spray is fantastic and reasonable for the gallon. I always keep that handy & in the car. To wash, I have been a Chemical Guys user for the past several years and I swear by them. Butter Wet Wax is LEGIT. Goes on easy and comes off just as. And the cars look fantastic (my car and my wife's 3 cars). The yellow and purple of my wife's two cars look literally liquid it's so shiny.

For drying, I gotta get a small battery leaf blower and a nozzle to use. But in the meantime, I have a QUALITY microfiber drying towel. Works amazing. Just laying on the car and pull. Sucks up so much water. Now I won't lie, I use one of those medical silicone-grade water blades to get the excess off the roof, hood, trunk and all other panels (no, my car isn't ceramic coated. Almost 18 years old now and many a nick and chip so it's not worth it) before I use the towel. But once it's dry I will always throw a coat of Butter Wet on it (I got it down to a science for time and efficiency) and then it done. I think it looks pretty darn good for a near 20 year old car. 🙏 Thanks again for the kind words zmaqbool zmaqbool . 🤜🤛

IMG_20240123_054236.jpg

Edit: Methodical Management Methodical Management Can something be done with these ads that keep popping up overtop of the reply box? Can't see what I'm typing and I'm constantly fighting it. And for any ads to come up between the reply someone is typing out and the attachment one may be trying to put with their comment. Have to scroll almost to the bottom just to get to the pic I want to add because I got a huge add in between my reply and the photo. Thanks so much.
Gorgeous GT, my dad had a 05 baby blue GT

IMG_20240123_054236.jpg

Looks new! Chemical Guys stuff hasn't failed me yet. Also goes on mad clearance once in a while on Amazon etc.

We need some more pics of the Evora too. Best car in the thread IMO.

Gorgeous GT, my dad had a 05 baby blue GT

Thanks so much buddy! 🙏🙏 And no kidding on the color? That's awesome!! Windveil Blue is a great color. I called it the modern version of Brittany Blue (and now Ford brought it back for the GT500s). It was actually my 3rd choice of colors behind #2 of Legend Lime and my color, Vista Blue. Had VB not been what it was, I would have gotten green and done EVERYTHING the same. But thankfully VB looks like it did the day I saw it in summer of 2005 (on a freshly delivered 2006 at another dealer near my store).

Looks new! Chemical Guys stuff hasn't failed me yet. Also goes on mad clearance once in a while on Amazon etc.

We need some more pics of the Evora too. Best car in the thread IMO.

Thanks so much buddy. 🙏🙏 For it now being outside (it was garaged for 90% of its life until my wife got her Lamborghini, so I moved it to the driveway, I try my best to keep it nice. Does it have scratches, and such? Absolutely. But I drive it basically year round to cars & coffee mornings, as long as the salt is washed away. And it's coming up on 60k soon.

And to answer your request...ask and you shall receive. 😎😎 🤝🤝

First two are me cleaning it in late March before the Easter Bunny Run for Nemours Childrens Hospital held early April. And the next was meeting up with our friend in his 458 on the way to a Cars & Coffee one morning in late April (last pic).
PXL_20230329_195410252.jpg
PXL_20230329_195350714.jpg
PXL_20230305_132535071.jpg
PXL_20230305_142740779.jpg

God I LOVE this car! I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS CAR!! 💜💜💜 Everytime I hoped in it last year, it just has that feeling of something "special". Can't explain it any other way. And the driving experience (especially the steering & handling) is just something that words can't describe fully. Totally connected to the car.

It's not the fastest, the most powerful my any means, nor the most expensive by any stretch, not the most hallowed brand (some Porsche people in my area just don't understand Lotus and frankly never will) and some feel it isn't even special, because it has a Toyota 2GR-FE from a damn Camry (and not it's own motor) but it's the sum of the parts that make this car special. And frankly, I've NEVER heard a Camry sound like this!! 😎😂😂 I can't wait to have my own (hopefully sooner than later 🤞). 👍

1600/mo for an XM rental is crazy

its basically an X5
From all reports the XM is NOTHING like the X5M, from backseat room, to cargo room to power delivery….. you name it. Also the X5M actually looks good….. so from what ppl are saying who have owned a X5M or X6M and are now in a XM the reviews are they are very very different

Back
Top Bottom