\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Reliability isn’t on par. Your experience might be that way but Mazda is behind Toyota and Lexus. You can go back the past few years and results always have Mazda significantly behind. But yes they are more reliable than most.

FYI we have owned a couple of 929’s. They were awesome. No major issues while we had them except I think one had a rough transmission. Some interior things that didn’t hold up as well as my ES over the same time frame. Engine felt stronger and it was RWD but handled like a boat lol.

1708415791583.jpeg

Yeah the Mazda 6 didn’t touch an ES. The cheap doors and okay dash lets you know that. Wind noise like crazy. Sorry that’s a major reach. The MMC was nice for the interior. Mazda 6 certainly drove a ton better and was certainly more interesting than an Accord or Camry. And if it was better than an ES or on par it certainly wouldn’t have been discontinued. I wish they gave it another shot. 🥹

Contrarily Toyota’s features are off the chain right now seriously creeping into Lexus territory. The Toyota Crown showcases that for example. Sequoia has a full pano roof my LX 600 doesn’t have etc etc.

I do agree Mazda isn’t held back and has made the choice to move into the Acura etc space of premium. Above mainstream but not quite full luxury. Mazda has done a really great job with it, better than Acura to me.

Cliffs- Both brands are great, I still give the reliability edge to Toyota. Love what both brands are doing currently.

Mazda of the 90s is not the same as Mazda since 2014 till now. Speaking of road noise, my Mazda has double pane windows to keep out noise. Comparable Toyotas don't have that. You would have to get a lexus.

Consumer reports ranked Mazda above Toyota and Lexus recently post COVID

Mazda of the 90s is not the same as Mazda since 2014 till now. Speaking of road noise, my Mazda has double pane windows to keep out noise. Comparable Toyotas don't have that. You would have to get a lexus.

Consumer reports ranked Mazda above Toyota and Lexus recently post COVID

I commend Mazda but we are comparing one time on top in 2021 to multiple times on top. I was just sharing our 929 experience which like the Mazdas of today was a premium near luxury product.

I digress tho, all good to me.

Quick question. Dealership is charging $700 in labor to repair this rear passenger door panel. Sound about right? (The door doesn’t unlock anymore, with key or manually)
IMG_3872.png

Quick question. Dealership is charging $700 in labor to repair this rear passenger door panel. Sound about right? (The door doesn’t unlock anymore, with key or manually)
IMG_3872.png

Do you know what the labor rate is? And how long of a job it is?

My bros 2021 K5 has been pretty reliable aside from battery issues but thats probably his fault. Son starting to rice it out though, he got little animr stickers and added louvres or whatever on his rear quarter panel windows and I said take that BS off immediately. :lol:

Yeah those quarter panel louvres are cringe. I don’t care for the window visors either but the company that i bought the rear spoilers from just got in some new ones and offered them to me for free if i let them out then in and photo shoot my car. I was like not saying no to free 😅

You all are aware that I've been struggling to decide which third-row SUV to purchase. During the summer, I came close to buying a Grand Cherokee L (Overland), but I opted to hold off. As I delved into research, I discovered that these vehicles are plagued with issues.

Screenshot_20240221_115659_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom