\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Montana has no sales tax so it's cheaper to register your expensive supercar there and also Montana does not actually inspect the vehicle like emissions testing so people hire law firms out there to set up a Montana LLC where they can register their car to and so they get Montana plates

But now, some states that are close to Montana (California is one), they send police to Cars & Coffee meets and they look for Montana tags and then they would check the driver's DL to see if he/she lives there or if they live in he state they are currently standing in. These states aren't stupid, they want their sales tax money on the 6 & 7 figure cars.

SouthrnFresh 11 in Atlanta.. some highlights

IMG_7894.jpeg
IMG_7878.jpeg
IMG_7869.jpeg
IMG_7875.jpeg
IMG_7849.jpeg
IMG_7838.jpeg
IMG_7815.jpeg
IMG_7806.jpeg
IMG_7751.jpeg
IMG_7733.jpeg

chump change for a multi trillion dollar company.
____

i'm planning out a van conversion and ideally would like to buy sprinter van bed. limited space is a challenge in any van design, and since beds take up so much space, i’m always interested in creative solutions. i'd be really interest if anyone has any ideas, links, plans, etc.

Last edited:
Well, it seems that the craziest, and frankly, the absolute WORST launch for a new car, finally had light at the end of the tunnel. The Lotus Emira, which hadn't passed CARB yet, which stops it from being sold in 18 states I believe (my state of PA is a California Emissions state) and yet they shipped cars to NON-CARB states and the cars have been sitting for well over a month, seems to have FINALLY passed CARB! 🙏🙏

Someone on a Lotus board filed a California FOIA to get the information when it passes and they got a copy of the actual CARB paperwork showing it passed. Now the cars sitting in Florida, Texas and other states can get delivered (hopefully) this coming week and all the cars sitting at the port in Norfolk UK can come over (my good friend's car is one of them). It's been the WORST clusterbleep I've ever seen for a new vehicle launch (and I've seen some crazy stuff with Fords over my prior career 🤯). But hopefully come Monday, Lotus UK will tell Lotus USA that the cars can be papered and then picked up. Now, let's get the base car available to order and LAP to do custom colors and add a set of racing seats and I'll be REALLY interested 👍

Edit: pics of an Emira in my buddy's colors (exterior and interior and one with the same wheels. These are not pics of his, but will look just like it. Atlantis Blue with Ice Grey leather and the diamond cut wheels with the manual (in the first pic)! 🔥🔥
IMG_20240303_072729.jpg
IMG_20240303_072757.jpg
IMG_20240303_072802.jpg
IMG_20240303_072807.jpg

Its like Ferrari and Jaguar had a baby and out came this. I like it a lot actually.

I thought they stopped selling the new ones due to multiple recalls. Might be wrong though.

Still think the old one looks better, but the interior on the new ones is infinitely better. Definitely a car you have to see in person to really appreciate how massive they are.

IMG_4785.jpeg

Gonna try and take it off-roading at least once sometime this year just to say I did it.

thats sick but the base price of a raptor r is too stupid

1709664923663.png

blurry screengrab but this they were asking 54k which is still tax but i think when its time to get a dedicated dezert truck ima find a used one
this one had a built maruzzi 408 super charged with full king suspension, backhalfed built by kibbetech

on the weekend i was at a bday party in downtown LA and spottted this clean OBS
its so beautiful
1709665088000.png

kaz109 kaz109
perfect example
for the price of a raptor r u can get this, can probably negotiate the price too
1709665662805.png

1709665682881.png

beautiful 4 link and currie axle in the rear

Electric cars being around before gas cars is a stat I didn't know. Pray what charger gang is going to do to these.

Its like Ferrari and Jaguar had a baby and out came this. I like it a lot actually.

It's a great car for a great price, all things considered. Drove them twice at test drive events and I love it. One of the few new cars with a manual and probably one of the last with hydraulic steering. F.E 2.0 is around $105k plus shipping and that's a loaded car. So less than a Cayman and frankly, WAY BETTER looking.

Great thing, the first car was delivered late last night and a few today in Non-CARB states. CARB states are getting the cars shipped ASAP. Hopefully my friend's car should be here by the end of the month. Rumor they are coming out with an upgraded model probably next year (an S model with the badge photographed below by someone not authorized) and a possible R Final Edition act (that's a rumor).

Once they offer custom PTS style choices for colors, then it's REALLY gonna be cool. I just hope they offer the Sparco race seats from the Evora GT. I wasn't a fan of the stock power/memory seats. I mean, they're fine, especially for daily driving, but to me, The phrase I use to describe the seats...You feel like your sitting on them vs in them. But it seems like I'm in the minority. But yeah, I REALLY REALLY want one, and make mine Gulf Blue with orange accents. 🩵🧡👍Had someone do a few photoshops of one in Gulf Blue and one with stripes. And yeah, the shades are off but it gave me a pretty good idea on how I would look. Really digging the factory painted stripe! 🔥

IMG_20240228_183418_348.jpg
download (15).jpeg
Sample sky blue metallic.png

gulf-blue-emira1.png

Last edited:
Well well well, why am I no surprise! 🤬 And dealers wonder why no one likes them? Wants them gone? And get awful reviews? It's because they do stupid stuff like this.

Porsche dealer has a Cybertruck for almost $300k 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

And if that price isn't absurd enough, allow me to introduce you to DMMotors, LLC and their E-Ray Corvette for an EYE WATERING $389,900!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂😂

If someone gave me $400k and I had to buy a NEW car (because if someone gave me $400k, I would NOT buy a new car, I would use it for a 2005-2006 Ford GT in a nanosecond because it's my ULTIMATE dream car) but if it was new, I would NEVER do this. $400k for a Vette? Yeah, I'm going to run to Nashville for this! 🔥🔥

Though I am a sucker for purple 💜

Seriously, the Sterrato is quite possibly the greatest supercar you can buy for just driving. Lifted, taller sidewall tires so no worries about potholes and crappy roads, plus N/A V10 and just begging for snow. 👍

Last edited:
I dont understand how there is nothing in place to keep dealers from just making up numbers for vehicles, but at the end of the day, I guess the problem corrects itself because 'no one' is going to pay that much.

Can tall people fit in Lambos yet?

Its a 4x4 model so I mean I guess its modified but still a stock option?
HATE the 4x4

Fender Flares look so bad.

and the wheel/tire/suspension setup make it look too tall and stout.

to each their own of course.

2017 nailed it IMO, still got the crash bar, OG headlights, daytime LED light bars (Angel eyes on a G-Wagon, really?), and the AMG sport bumper.
g.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom