\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

IMG_4565.jpeg

Welp it shipped a lot faster than I expected. Just Drove it home and I think I have as many miles as zmaqbool zmaqbool haha

I like the look of the new 4Runner, but from looking at the images, I can tell I’m going to need more leg room.

First of all, *Laughs in Texan* Also, could sales be down because everyone who wants one already owns? Trucks aren't like Cadillacs and Bimmers where a lot of customers trade in their cars every 2 or 3 years.

GEEZ TOYOTA DESIGNERS ARE JUST LAZY.

TUNDRA AND SEQUOIA ARE VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL…. TACOMA AND NEW 4RUNNER VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL…..

*YAWNS*

New 4Runner also just looks like the previous 4Runner just updated panels., like a mid cycle refresh. Shape is nearly identical. Kinda the problem I have with the new Camry, besides the awful headlights it the bones look like the previous Camry just a new front and rear end.

That being said, it does look good especially in that tan color.

I'm curious about the long-term durability of a 4-cylinder SUV. Historically, 4-cylinder vans haven't performed as well, but with advancements in technology and innovation, these engines are now generating more horsepower and torque, especially with the hybrid system. I'm just concerned about purchasing something without established historical data. Will they be as reliable as previous models, or will they wear out much sooner? 🤔

New 4Runner also just looks like the previous 4Runner just updated panels., like a mid cycle refresh. Shape is nearly identical. Kinda the problem I have with the new Camry, besides the awful headlights it the bones look like the previous Camry just a new front and rear end.

That being said, it does look good especially in that tan color.

i don't mind that at all actually. i hate when manufactures completely change the look of the car, which is what makes people fall in love with it to begin with.

i agree though, it looks tight.

I'm curious about the long-term durability of a 4-cylinder SUV. Historically, 4-cylinder vans haven't performed as well, but with advancements in technology and innovation, these engines are now generating more horsepower and torque, especially with the hybrid system. I'm just concerned about purchasing something without established historical data. Will they be as reliable as previous models, or will they wear out much sooner? 🤔

personally, it being a 4-cyl completely turned me off. i like the styling and the much needed updated tech, but there is no replacement for displacement and not offering a V6 is a killer.

4 cylinder trucks have been around decades lol.. the 4 runner was a 4 cylinder until 20 years ago. The G wagon used to be a 4 cylinder. We have a c63 amg with a 4 cylinder hybrid making 700hp lol

The 4 runner hybrid makes 326hp and 465lbs of torque. The hybrid offering instant torque means faster off the line than a n/a v-6.

Not direct competition, but honda fakes a 4x4 with the pilot. It got a new v-6. It makes 280hp and 262lbs of torque. The 4 runner literally makes 200 more lbs of torque as a hybrid 4.

4 cylinder trucks have been around decades lol.. the 4 runner was a 4 cylinder until 20 years ago. The G wagon used to be a 4 cylinder. We have a c63 amg with a 4 cylinder hybrid making 700hp lol

The 4 runner hybrid makes 326hp and 465lbs of torque. The hybrid offering instant torque means faster off the line than a n/a v-6.

Not direct competition, but honda fakes a 4x4 with the pilot. It got a new v-6. It makes 280hp and 262lbs of torque. The 4 runner literally makes 200 more lbs of torque as a hybrid 4.
while the numbers look good
imo i believe the market for hondas and toyotas they would like long term ownership
i don't see a high compression turbo motor lasting as long as a lazy low compression bigger displacement motor
those small motors are just to meet some BS CARB numbers for EPA BS

while the numbers look good
imo i believe the market for hondas and toyotas they would like long term ownership
i don't see a high compression turbo motor lasting as long as a lazy low compression bigger displacement motor
those small motors are just to meet some BS CARB numbers for EPA BS

Toyota has been using boosted hybrids for years now so it should be okay. I completely understand some people’s hesitation. But there is no V-6 that would have made that much torque without boost either. Not the TX 550h+ is a V-6 plug in hybrid that makes 409hp and I think 430lbs of torque

I’m getting a new water pump under warranty because it’s a German car so of course the water pump leaks.

But I straight bullied them into a brake job. :lol:

They asked if I need anything else done I told them brakes but I can get the parts for 650 bucks so you gotta do better than that. He said 500 with labor. :lol:

Must be slow or something because like I said parts are 650 alone.

Toyota has been using boosted hybrids for years now so it should be okay. I completely understand some people’s hesitation. But there is no V-6 that would have made that much torque without boost either. Not the TX 550h+ is a V-6 plug in hybrid that makes 409hp and I think 430lbs of torque
im talking about cars in the 90s that are still running today on the og motor
don't think that will be the case from now until 2040-2050 but time will tell

Got word that the first shipment of CARB state-bound Emiras landed at my local Lotus dealership. So I had to head down to check them out.
I'M.IN.LOVE!!! 💙💙💙
PXL_20240411_182444933.jpg
PXL_20240411_183253579.jpg
PXL_20240411_182459205.jpg
PXL_20240411_182714469.jpg
PXL_20240411_190045105.jpg
PXL_20240411_190301053.jpg
PXL_20240411_190131037.jpg

They got 4 cars so far. 2 Seneca Blue cars (the bright blue) with only the lower black pack (meaning the roof and A-pillar are body colored), their demo car in Dark Verdant (it's a VERY dark green. I honestly hate it. Should have been offered in Lotus Racing Green 😞) and the last one Atlantis Blue (which has the black pack AND the beautiful Ice Grey Leather).

You'll notice on the sticker of a different of over 12K between the cars. Atlantis Blue is a First Edion 2.0, which while giving 7 more color options, this being one of them, also bumped the price up as Lotus ate any increase for the 1.0 versions but couldn't eat it for the entire F.E run.

My good friend's car should be in any day (same spec as the Atlantis Blue except he didn't get yellow calipers). Can't wait to go with him to pick it up. 🔥🔥

Me? Love the car, hate the luxury/tech features (power/mem seats 👎) don't like the seats (the Sparco race buckets in the Evora GT are MUCH better IMHO) and not thrilled with the overall colors (no orange, no bright green and specially NO PURPLE 😕). But they are coming out with Lotus Chapman Bespoke, which will allow custom features, a la McLaren MSO, Ferrari Taylor Made, Ad Personam in Lamborghini, and Sonderwunsch with Porsche.

Give me this program to get my own custom Gulf Blue colored Emira with a Gulf Orange stripe, race buckets from the GT, less tech, and the $$$ to actually afford it, and I'll be happy for the rest of my life (see photos below).

download (15).jpeg

That all being said, I did run into my DREAM spec Evora GT AGAIN this past weekend. 😞😞
PXL_20240407_181259587.jpg

Sky Blue, with Sky Blue interior Accent package, and bespoke Light blue & Orange double stitching in the seats and embroidery. I knew of this car for sale locally, but not in ANY position to buy it. And I got to meet the guy who did. Says he may get rid of it in several months for something different. If there is any time for a Hail Mary play for me, it's anytime now. 🙏🙏🙏 THIS I would own over the Emira, being I'm such a Gulf Racing fanatic.

But back to the Emira. Even with the price increase, still a great deal considering how much a Cayman GTS starts at before ANY options (the F.E includes EVERYTHING with the exception of a full alcantara steering wheel for $530, which I would NOT get). The base model, which is coming next will remove a bunch of stuff, start much cheaper and hopefully will include a few colors that were hidden in the coding of the configuration tool. But I'd take this over a Cayman ANYDAY. Just on looks alone! 🔥🔥 And add in the bulletproof 2GR-FE V6, and cheap maintenance ($8 filter and $40 of any brand full synthetic from Walmart and some time is all an oil change will run if one does it themselves. Such a beautiful car.

Last edited:
Got word that the first shipment of CARB state-bound Emiras landed at my local Lotus dealership. So I had to head down to check them out.
I'M.IN.LOVE!!! 💙💙💙
PXL_20240411_182444933.jpg
PXL_20240411_182459205.jpg
PXL_20240411_182714469.jpg
PXL_20240411_190045105.jpg
PXL_20240411_190301053.jpg
PXL_20240411_190131037.jpg

They got 4 cars so far. 2 Seneca Blue cars (the bright blue) with only the lower black pack (meaning the roof and A-pillar are body colored), their demo car in Dark Verdant (it's a VERY dark green. I honestly hate it. Should have been offered in Lotus Racing Green 😞) and the last one Atlantis Blue (which has the black pack AND the beautiful Ice Grey Leather).

You'll notice on the sticker of a different of over 12K between the cars. Atlantis Blue is a First Edion 2.0, which while giving 7 more color options, this being one of them, also bumped the price up as Lotus ate any increase for the 1.0 versions but couldn't eat it for the entire F.E run.

My good friend's car should be in any day (same spec as the Atlantis Blue except he didn't get yellow calipers). Can't wait to go with him to pick it up. 🔥🔥

Me? Love the car, hate the luxury/tech features (power/mem seats 👎) don't like the seats (the Sparco race buckets in the Evora GT are MUCH better IMHO) and not thrilled with the overall colors (no orange, no bright green and specially NO PURPLE 😕). But they are coming out with Lotus Chapman Bespoke, which will allow custom features, a la McLaren MSO, Ferrari Taylor Made, Ad Personam in Lamborghini, and Sonderwunsch with Porsche.

Give me this program to get my own custom Gulf Blue colored Emira with a Gulf Orange stripe, race buckets from the GT, less tech, and the $$$ to actually afford it, and I'll be happy for the rest of my life (see photos below).

download (15).jpeg

That all being said, I did run into my DREAM spec Evora GT AGAIN this past weekend. 😞😞
PXL_20240407_181259587.jpg

Sky Blue, with Sky Blue interior Accent package, and bespoke Light blue & Orange double stitching in the seats and embroidery. I knew of this car for sale locally, but not in ANY position to buy it. And I got to meet the guy who did. Says he may get rid of it in several months for something different. If there is any time for a Hail Mary play for me, it's anytime now. 🙏🙏🙏 THIS I would own over the Emira, being I'm such a Gulf Racing fanatic.

But back to the Emira. Even with the price increase, still a great deal considering how much a Cayman GTS starts at before ANY options (the F.E includes EVERYTHING with the exception of a full alcantara steering wheel for $530, which I would NOT get). The base model, which is coming next will remove a bunch of stuff, start much cheaper and hopefully will include a few colors that were hidden in the coding of the configuration tool. But I'd take this over a Cayman ANYDAY. Just on looks alone! 🔥🔥 And add in the bulletproof 2GR-FE V6, and cheap maintenance ($8 filter and $40 of any brand full synthetic from Walmart and some time is all an oil change will run if one does it themselves. Such a beautiful car.

Car is so badass, saw a couple driving around Plano and they are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom